Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Mechanicsville, VA

Just bought my spyder a few months ago, and I have just joined this site. I am looking to meet other spyder riders in Virginia and would like to join every one for the ride in October.

Spyder Garage

Definitely interested in a Skyline ride (especially if anything other than the first weekend in October, I couldn't make 6-7 Oct but anything else, I'm in! )
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

OK, here it is....... The Skyline Drive ride is on!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...868#post521868
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I live in Norfolk and have the RS. I wonder the same thing when I am out riding, where are all the syder riders!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Meet and greet

1venom, hi I live in moyock and also work in Norfolk. Not sure if we have seen each other, I am down for a ride anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by 1VENOM View Post
    I live in Virginia Beach, and, work in Norfolk. Like I said I work, don't have the pleasure of running around. I haven't made the investment that would allow me to gallivant around, yet.
    I hope you enjoyed the Beach while you were here. I'm sorry that you saw so few Spyders on your trip, but I am sure they were working as well. If you get back down here in the near future, give me a call and I'll give you a tour of Back Bay and a ferry ride over to the east coast of NC. Its a great day ride with no real destination in mind just the ride.
    Rod
    cell 757-343-3986

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Come to Quebec! (well maybe not this time of year!) there is lots on the road here!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Woodbridge

Im in Woodbridge..and I have seen a couple spyders on the road..Im traveling for work..but as soon as I return and the weather is nice I will be out and about..picked up my RS-SE5 in October and still have less than 10 miles on him..... ;-(

Spyder Garage

Default I see very few

I went to northern Arkansas Thanksgiving week, put 500 miles on my RT I saw not a single . Those who were close had other plans and stayed home in their area. Back home now in my area I've seen 5 spyders since July. I know the dealership sold more than 1.

Culpeper, VA-Virginia's most misspelled town!
    Spyder Garage

Default Seeing very few Spyders

I am located in Culpeper, and have been riding as much as possible since I picked up my Spyder in Winston-Salem, NC the beginning of October.
    Joined Patriot Guard Riders and have thoroughly enjoyed those missions. Recommend you to join if you can.
    Hope to hook up with other Spyder Riders and take a few runs.
    Doug
    2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze- Spending my children's inheritance on my Spyder and farkles-so they don't have to learn how to. It's a dirty job--but someone's got to do it!

Spyder Garage

Default Riders in Virginia

There was a couple that purchased a white RS last weekend at Coleman's in Woodbridge. I hope they remember the site and log in to say hi.

I live in Chantilly and I ride into DC every day on I-66. I've ocasionally seen an RT going east in the afternoon, but I was going too fast to see what color it was.

Ping me if you want to ride. Heated clothing is ready for action!

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Riders

Quote Originally Posted by antd929 View Post
    I got 3000 on mine and i only see spyders when i take it in for oil change and there is supposed to be a spyder rider just around corner from me. Did join all these guys near charlottesville
    If you are in Hardy, maybe I am just around the corner. Im on Edwardsville road and did ride today (1-13-2013). I have talked to several Va Riders but have not rode with only a few.

When all is said and done......well it must be time to ride~
    2 Stricklands, Steve & Barb
    2011 RT AC, SE5
    Trailer for Travel and/or Golf Clubs
    Power outlet up Front
    Floorboards
    Voltmeter replacing old gas gauge
    Oil Pressure gauge replacing old temp gauge
    Turn Signals on mirrors

]

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT on order

Have put a 2013 Spyder RT on order through Coleman's Power Sports of Woodbridge. I am looking forward to meeting up with fellow Northern Virginia Spyder riders.

Spyder Garage

I'm in Mechanicsville. I have seen three Spyders. A white RT on 301, a grey RT out near oilville, and another Green RSS on Route1. If it's not raining, I am riding mine daily.

Spyder Garage

Default VA BEACH

I agree. We've had SPYDERS since 2009 and have tried to find other SPYDERS to ride with. No success. Seen lots of SPYDERs at the dealer, even help out on promotional events. We tried to form a SPYDER's Group in Hampton Roads but that fell through also. I did a ride with Venom and another rider years ago but nothing since. Seems there's a fairly active riding group in Northern VA, they're on Facebook (SPYDER Ryders of America). Spring is coming, it would be nice to gather. Wish I could go to SPYDERFEST but work prevents it right now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TwinPeaks View Post
    I agree. We've had SPYDERS since 2009 and have tried to find other SPYDERS to ride with. No success. Seen lots of SPYDERs at the dealer, even help out on promotional events. We tried to form a SPYDER's Group in Hampton Roads but that fell through also. I did a ride with Venom and another rider years ago but nothing since. Seems there's a fairly active riding group in Northern VA, they're on Facebook (SPYDER Ryders of America). Spring is coming, it would be nice to gather. Wish I could go to SPYDERFEST but work prevents it right now.
    I own your old spyder, ready to ride anytime on the weekends or bike nights!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default What..!!

This thread was started in September of 2012, if you haven't found them by now your not gonna..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by antd929 View Post
    Im only about 30 miles away give or take
    Are you on facebook? If you want to go riding sometime, let me know. I ride with my bf, he has a Harley.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hi there is a group of us on here as well as FB & http://www.sraodva.com/schedule.html. Our next get together is next Sat 6th in Triangle VA. There are 12 registered VA Spyders going to Spyderfest...

Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Rider

Will have my Spyder on the 14th. Looking forward to riding across Virginia. He to see you on the by-ways.
    2013 RT Limited Pearl White
    XM Radio, Sena SM10 Bluetooth adapter, Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset, BajaRon's sway bar, Spyderpop's beltguard and bumpskid, Baker Built cup holder, Ultimate mid-rider seat, Tricled RT mirror turn signals.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great I'm in Dale City...come down Sat 6th to meet everyone at the Marine Corp museum & see other info at http://www.sraodva.com/schedule.html

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    This thread was started in September of 2012, if you haven't found them by now your not gonna..!!

Not true...some things just take time

Spyder Garage

Spyder Ryder of America - Old Dominion Chapter (Norfolk Area, I believe) is becoming defunct on April 1 because of the seeming lack of interest to keep it up and running, I.e.- no chapter by-laws, no board members (prez, vp, sec, etc). Sad to see it go like this.

If you are interested in keeping it alive and know 4-5 others at least who are willing to put in the work, contact Ken Miller, the National Director of SRA to keep it up and running. He is on here, I just can't remember his handle.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    Spyder Ryder of America - Old Dominion Chapter (Norfolk Area, I believe) is becoming defunct on April 1 because of the seeming lack of interest to keep it up and running, I.e.- no chapter by-laws, no board members (prez, vp, sec, etc). Sad to see it go like this.

If you are interested in keeping it alive and know 4-5 others at least who are willing to put in the work, contact Ken Miller, the National Director of SRA to keep it up and running. He is on here, I just can't remember his handle.
    Where did you hear this? Don't think it's true. SRA-OD meeting scheduled for 6 Apr at Marine Corp Museum in Triangle VA, 1015-1315hrs or longer. Will probably be 15-20 Spyder ryders in attendance.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Ryders of America - Old Dominion Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post

SRAODVA has by laws, have officers, have a web site, has a group here on SL and have had 3 meetings in 2013 alone. The President, Kenny Wright (bandwagon on SL) has talked to Ken Miller fairly often in the past.

WE welcome you and the other 4 or 5 people to join us. The last meeting was yesterday, contact bandwagon for more information.

When all is said and done......well it must be time to ride~
    2 Stricklands, Steve & Barb
    2011 RT AC, SE5
    Trailer for Travel and/or Golf Clubs
    Power outlet up Front
    Floorboards
    Voltmeter replacing old gas gauge
    Oil Pressure gauge replacing old temp gauge
    Turn Signals on mirrors

]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    Where did you hear this? Don't think it's true. SRA-OD meeting scheduled for 6 Apr at Marine Corp Museum in Triangle VA, 1015-1315hrs or longer. Will probably be 15-20 Spyder ryders in attendance.
    Sorry for the false alarm. I was mistaken on which chapter. I apologise. I'm no worthy of my crapy memory at times.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.