Spyder Garage

Default Best Long Island Dealer

Hello Group

Not a lot of activity in this forum... I am going to buy a 2013 RT. Which dealer has best service department? Thanks for any insight-
    Jason Schwartz
    Lindenhurst NY
    2013 Spyder RT Blackcurrant

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Long Island Dealers

I purchased my 2011 RT from Formula 1 Motorsports in Oakdale.
    I have mixed feelings about this dealer. The sales associate that sold me the bike didn't seem very knowledgeable, regarding the Spyder. Some of the information was incorrect.
    My first service was not a very fun experience. I had to wait about an hour to even drop Spyder off. There were only two people ahead of me and it was painfully slow. The first service took 4 days to complete. I thought it was way too long until I brought my Harley Davidson into another dealer( 1st service and now on 5 days)
    However, the most important aspect of the Spyder is how the dealer assembles and preps the bike. I have had absolutely no problems during the first year and about 5k miles. I know another Spyder owner who purchased at another L.I. dealer ( Champion Motorsports- Lake Grove) and had all kinds of problems, from wheels being put on backwards to chipped paint, loose battery connections and more!

This is a complex machine, and if not assembled properly, you will have a ton of problems.
    Good Luck!

Spyder Garage

Default Best Long Island Dealer

I hear ya... I agree the right dealer is everything. I am not even that concerned with the best deal. I don't mind paying for the right service. Island powersports is under new ownership and service manager is cool. They turned the place around. Maybe if I make it a condition of the sale to be present during assembly so I can monitor the assembly... Tough call other areas all rave about the shops they purchase from. Maybe canam publishes better sales/service locations like car dealerships do? I have time to research until next model comes out just wish was easier . So many shops with crappy service depts.
    Jason Schwartz
    Lindenhurst NY
    2013 Spyder RT Blackcurrant

Spyder Garage

Default Riverhead Honda

Got to be one of the fairest people aroumd. No Bait and switch. We've been dealing with them for years,from our snowmobile's to husband's Victory, even generator's. Allways felt like was treated fair.
    2013 ST LIMITED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Formula One Motor sports

I purchased my RT from them and found the salesman to be knowledgeable. I went to the dealer several times before buying and felt confident along the way. Motorcycle service is notorious slow and expensive. I did have a "limp home" warning. After 2 days, the dealer picked up the spyder w/o charge. Although they found nothing wrong with the Spyder I feel confident they went through the bike before I went to pick it up. Thus far, no more lights.

I also looked at Riverhead Honda and I felt the same way as someone else described. They are nice people and would feel comfortable to work with him. I purchased my RT at Formula One due to distance only. The deal was fair but I was more concerned with distance to travel to the dealer.

You guys in Nassau County don't need to worry about distance since there are several dealers to choose from. Good luck where ever you buy.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i'm 5 blocks away from my dealer in Mineola, that's reason enough for me. My salesman louie is great

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    i'm 5 blocks away from my dealer in Mineola, that's reason enough for me. My salesman louie is great
    I picked mine up in MIneola also. Louie was a great help.