Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder777 View Post
    I have watched BBC in England, Austria, Israel, and other countries as well. If you think that they are respected for truth and accuracy of reporting, than you must be getting that information from them.

I can choose not to watch tv and not to buy a happy meal. You will still be paying for BBC whether you agree with their bias view on news or not.

BBC is the definition of monopolized news. They mandate that you and everyone else fund their cost of operation.

Dude, who pi$%ed in your Cherrios? No need to attack the BBC or our mate in the UK. This is a friendly discussion about taxes. Can we keep it that way??

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Taxes, taxes, taxes. They (the government) are always thinking up new ways to take our money. Bottom line, we are stuck with them in some form or another no matter what we buy or own.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Danny; Danny; Danny... You never, EVER put it down where it can be printed and recorded; that's as bad as an admission of guilt!
    But we've got over 9000 places where you can hide among your friends in here!
    Danny who?
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

arntufun

Haven't anyone of you heard of loopholes ??????

In my house I worship Holly so my residence is concidered a place of religion so I do not have to pay taxes. I pass the collection plate around every Sunday before the Nascar race for pizza and beer money.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is your Church looking to expand its membership??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pslawing View Post
    Just got a letter from my county tax department. They want to know what kind of trailer I have called a Can Am!!!
    Wish I could tell them otherwise, but they want copy of sales slip!

The gubment be smrt ...

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Spyder Garage

While stationed in NC at Ft Bragg I loved the state but the taxes definitely were not friendly.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    I believe on page 57 of ***** healthcare there is a 3.8% tax on selling your house starting Jan. 2013. Check it out!!
    Looks like the facts say the tax is on capital gains not your house unless you have over $500000 profit. Are we reading the same thing or is this some more election year propaganda?

With all the misinformation running around from both sides it is difficult to know what's what.

Talking about Spyders is more fun!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post

In my house I worship Holly so my residence is concidered a place of religion so I do not have to pay taxes. I pass the collection plate around every Sunday before the Nascar race for pizza and beer money.

Same here, I set this household up as a Woman Controlled Not For Profit Business Enterprise.....My beer actually gets delivered by the 'Brew on Wheels' organization and we get pizza & ice cream stamps!!

The gummint gives me money for not filing for more social programs!
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Just got my personal property tax bill. I'm somewhat releived. It looks like the pro-rated bill for the 2012 RT Limited is only $347. This is of course for 8 months since I purchased it in April. But, still much better than what I thought it would be.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder777 View Post
    You will still be paying for BBC whether you agree with their bias view on news or not.
    I am content paying for the high quality of service provided by BBC Entertainment and in the UK I am free to choose from a host of news sources, including the Beeb. It is no business of yours what I do with my money, nor which TV channels I choose to watch.

One of us is very content with life and the other is not. Care to make a guess which of us has a thistle up his arse?

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dannymax View Post
    My beer actually gets delivered by the 'Brew on Wheels' organization and we get pizza & ice cream stamps!!
    Sounds like you chose the healthy option!!!

Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,

Spyder Garage

Being an expat and experienced tv on both ends, I like the license fee.

Don't get me wrong, the USA is my home now, I love it here but you can not help comparing. TV with no adverts, , you pay for a tv license which covers all the bbc tv and radio broadcast, not just the news. They make some great tv shows, Dr who to name just one. I can not watch the uk tv system here with out the use of a proxy server but I would galdy pay the yearly license to do so.

Far to many commercials over here, we dvr shows and skip commercials, except the can-am ones of course.

BBC America is ok but too many reality shows when we have lots more to over, I watch PBS more they have better choice, Dr Martin etc.

Tax is tax, your not going to avoid it, I live in MA we're taxed on everything, but I chose to live here and love it. Don't buy cars every day so live with the registration, town tax is ok, rather not pay it of course but I do because I support my home town.

For uk readers. Not the nine o'clock news, muddled quote my memory is old.

The tv license fee is not nearly enough, I would glady sell my house car and first born to watch great Telly.
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

After reading some of the posts on this thread, I don't feel so bad about my tax bill for $166.04 on my lady bug. I see it could be much worse

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dannymax View Post
    Danny who?
    I don't know...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post

Only you could have come up with an answer like that....<hehe>

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phillig View Post
    Looks like the facts say the tax is on capital gains not your house unless you have over $500000 profit. Are we reading the same thing or is this some more election year propaganda?

With all the misinformation running around from both sides it is difficult to know what's what.

Talking about Spyders is more fun!
    There seems to be some questions as to exactly what it means. Could be more propaganda!! Will kown when the first person sells their house, if they get hit with a tax we will probably hear the scream around the world.

SpYders are more fun!! What about the big bailout we are getting ready to do??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I bought my 2012 RT-S SE5 on 7/3/12 and made the dreaded trip to the BMV just under 45 days later. Indiana excise tax got $425. Then there were the registration and plate fees. All of that repeats every year here although over time the excise tax goes down. Almost $500 for that pleasure.
    Last edited by TimmieTheGeek; 09-04-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Grammar

2012 Spyder RT-S SE5

Corbin seat, Inspector Gadget cup holder, Original Grip Buddies
    2005 Honda VTX-1800R
    2002 Honda 750 Shadow ACE

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

In MD we pay 6% on the initial sale and then a registration fee every two years. So a new RT LTD tax bill would be about $1680 and then we are done with taxes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pslawing View Post
    Yup, we are all taxed to poverty. When you make money it's taxed, spend it it's taxed, property you buy is taxed, savings taxed. Then when you die , that's taxed too. Really makes me mad!
    Makes me mad too.
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    Far to many commercials over here, we dvr shows and skip commercials, except the can-am ones of course.
    "Homeland" went out on a commercial channel in the UK. Loved it. Got a clever Panasonic digi-recorder which allows me to edit out the commercials almost invisibly. So we did that with every episode before we watched it. Great, no interruptions, just like it was meant to be seen!!!

For uk readers. Not the nine o'clock news, muddled quote my memory is old.
    Your memory is better than you think. "Not the 9 o'clock news" went out from 79 to 82! You can still watch segments on YouTube.

The tv license fee is not nearly enough, I would glady sell my house car and first born to watch great Telly.
    Now don't let's get carried away here!
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 09-04-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: typo

Spyder Garage

"Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TuckMiddle View Post
    GA, that's who. Starting next year sometime, we will pay a (higher!) sales tax on used as well as new vehicles, only new up till then. There will be no more ad valorem tax on vehicle bought after that date. I think they will start at 7.5% or so tax on all vehicles, whether sold by dealers or privately.

And this was signed by a theoretically "conservative" GOV..

Ad valorem was about $600 on an average car, something like that. Goes down, for sure, but over the life of a car, it's a lot of money. Now everyone who buys that car used will get to pay the higher tax on something that wasn't taxed at purchase from an individual previously - and in a lump payment, naturally.

Tuck
    fla charges sales tax on all vehicles new or used

the tax on the spyder i bought used cost me an additional 710 plus title fees and registration , it was almost 900.
    no state income tax here, 6% sales but the property tax is really high.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hecoon View Post
    fla charges sales tax on all vehicles new or used

the tax on the spyder i bought used cost me an additional 710 plus title fees and registration , it was almost 900.
    no state income tax here, 6% sales but the property tax is really high.
    Thought Calif. was bad at 8.75% new or used until I purchased a trailer in Az. 9.9%

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    In Tennessee, our sales tax is 9.25% but, we have no personal property tax, no income tax and our license tag fees run
    about $25-30. annually.

I'll take that any day!
    All the more reasons that I cant wait to move to TN