Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=GeoffCee;509750]Exactly the same taxation system exists in the United Kingdom. But we're a small country, comparitively, so our taxes can't raise sufficient revenue to allow us to instigate ground-breaking scientific adventures. As a citizen of the US your taxes have sent men to the moon and you are currently spending more billions investigating our planetary neighbours. The UK and many other countries are making a shared contribution to space science aboard the ISS. Eventually, mankind will overpopulate this planet and use up its essential natural resources. Before that happens we'll need to find a new home somewhere in the solar system. Individuals have difficulty sometimes seeing the big picture but I believe taxes are essential. Without general taxation nothing on a big enough scale to make a difference would ever get done.

Geoff. I remember paying the VAT on my truck when I was stationed there. Also had to have that Tele License. And do I remember something about a water sprinkler license for your garden??

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Deep In The heart Of Taxes..."

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Bob, you got your A & E mixed up.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

You'll be in Heaven. Personally, I don't think you'll give a damn![/QUOTE]

I won't know it.. But I sure as hell don't won't the Goverments to get what little I have. It's should go to the kids n grand kids.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Spyder View Post
    Bob, you got your A & E mixed up.
    Did I?

Spyder Garage

Default In NC

When I lived in NY, you paid 8% sales tax on any vehicle. In NC you pay 3% and have a personal property tax every year on the vehicle which is reduced every year. So figure the savings of 5% ( figure 5% savings on a $28,000 Can -AM...)from NY, the personal property tax in NC takes years to even out.

Spyder Garage

Bob, you're full of it!!!

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryKaren View Post
    When I lived in NY, you paid 8% sales tax on any vehicle. In NC you pay 3% and have a personal property tax every year on the vehicle which is reduced every year. So figure the savings of 5% ( figure 5% savings on a $28,000 Can -AM...)from NY, the personal property tax in NC takes years to even out.
    Basically, NY wants 8% of every financial transaction. Garage sales, local farm stands, firewood sales...that's right, when I cut & sold firewood NYS wanted 7% (sales tax at the time) of the amount I charged! Un-huh...I'm going out in the rain & snow, work my butt off to haul out wood, deliver it to a buyer....AND hand the state 7% of the sale?

Tell you what....you want it, come get it!!
    Of course, they would have if they'd found out about me, they nailed other guys.
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Spyder Garage

Geoff. I remember paying the VAT on my truck when I was stationed there. Also had to have that Tele License. And do I remember something about a water sprinkler license for your garden??
    VAT (Value Added Tax) is charged at 20% on almost everything we buy new, cept for food and some childrens' clothes.

The TV Licence is an annual payment to fund our Public Service Broadcasting, better known at home and around the world as the BBC. The BBC shows ALL of its output non-stop front to back without ANY ad-breaks getting in the way. Compared to a commercial channel, it's a joy to watch even the most mundane TV program on the BBC uninterrupted. We have plenty of commercial channels, too, but compared to the BBC they are at a huge disadvantage. Adverts and program sales is how they earn a living.

Only in periods of severe drought are water restrictions brought in. It starts with a hose-pipe ban and this obviously affects the use of garden sprinklers. There is no such thing as a licence for domestic water usage. Depending on the water company for your area you may pay for your water by individual water meter, or you may pay a one-off annual charge for all your water and sewerage services. Metering is generally the cheaper option, mainly because people who have them tend to keep an eye on how much water they're wasting.
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 09-03-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default V for Vendette

BBC is a scam. I hope you don't believe the nonsense on BBC. Watch the movie V for Vendetta. This is what happens when you monopolize the news. The Media here is terrible, but atleast we don't have to pay for the lies they tell us

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    ????? If I remember right, Michigan changed for strictly weight based to a formula based at least in part on the MSRP. That is why the taxes can now be deducted as property taxes on your federal return. Motorcycles may have a different formula.
    Scotty, you are correct. For all vehicles that are model year 1984 and later, the license fee is based strictly upon MSRP, not weight. Only older model years are based upon weight.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

I won't know it.. But I sure as hell don't want the Goverment to get what little I have. It's should go to the kids n grand kids.
    I agree completely. Being able to share out the stuff you managed to accumulate in life among your family members when you die feels like the right thing to do. It should be an Inalienable Right around the world.

Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,

Spyder Garage

I believe on page 57 of ***** healthcare there is a 3.8% tax on selling your house starting Jan. 2013. Check it out!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dannymax View Post
    Basically, NY wants 8% of every financial transaction. Garage sales, local farm stands, firewood sales...that's right, when I cut & sold firewood NYS wanted 7% (sales tax at the time) of the amount I charged! Un-huh...I'm going out in the rain & snow, work my butt off to haul out wood, deliver it to a buyer....AND hand the state 7% of the sale?

Tell you what....you want it, come get it!!
    Of course, they would have if they'd found out about me, they nailed other guys.
    WE KNOW NOW!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
    I will be moving fm Florida which has no such tax, to Alabama in January. I checked out property taxes and home owners and vehicle insurance, all will be considerably lower than Florida. However, I did not think to check on vehicle taxes.

Does anyone know if there are any heavy annual taxes on Spyders and other vehicles similar to the North Carolina experience cited in this string?
    Plenty of states have yearly personal property taxes on vehicles... Sometimes it is labeled something else... For those states that don't have it you are paying full sales tax up front at time of purchase, and potentially higher registration fees. Best bet is to call a car dealer in the state you are moving to to find out.

The tax is a revenue generator but it is regressive to those of us that own more than one vehicle...Gotta pay to play?
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    WE KNOW NOW!!
    Yeah but all the wood I cut's been burned up....there ain't no evidence left!!
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder777 View Post
    BBC is a scam. I hope you don't believe the nonsense on BBC. Watch the movie V for Vendetta. This is what happens when you monopolize the news. The Media here is terrible, but atleast we don't have to pay for the lies they tell us
    You do pay for the news and other programs you watch by hidden costs added to the price of the advertised products and services you see advertised on TV. Did you think all those commercial broadcasters were flashing Happy Meals at you every few minutes for free?

So far as the BBC World Service is concerned it is respected all around the planet for the accuracy and truth of its news reporting in dozens of languages, but not in Columbus, NC, it seems. The BBC does not in any sense of the word "monopolise" news. The BBC broadcasts alongside the other giants of world news reporting, such as The Press Association, Thomson Reuters and United Press International. Whatever "V for Vendetta" is as a movie it's unlikely to be factual in content or unbiased in its message. It has clearly misled you in terms of the value of Public Broadcasting. If you don't mind I'll give "V for Vendetta" a miss, it clearly hasn't done you much good.
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 09-03-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Add

California to the list of TAXED to the grave.......and beyond!

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dannymax View Post
    Yeah but all the wood I cut's been burned up....there ain't no evidence left!!
    NY doesn't care if there is evidence or not they will still fine you just to get more of your money. Tax collector will stop by your place tomorrow!!

Spyder Garage

Cash for ash!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Haha

I have watched BBC in England, Austria, Israel, and other countries as well. If you think that they are respected for truth and accuracy of reporting, than you must be getting that information from them.

I can choose not to watch tv and not to buy a happy meal. You will still be paying for BBC whether you agree with their bias view on news or not.

BBC is the definition of monopolized news. They mandate that you and everyone else fund their cost of operation.

Spyder Garage

Default Michigan trailer plates

In October 2003, MI changed the way we pay for trailer tags. Instead of renewing them every year, like we do for our cars/truck/motorcycles, you only pay for the plate one time and the cost is based on weight.

0 - 2,499 = $75
    2500 - 9,999 = $200
    10,000 and up = $300

One less thing I have to worry about every year. I own a trailer that I tow with the Spyder and I also have a pop-up (full size).

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    NY doesn't care if there is evidence or not they will still fine you just to get more of your money. Tax collector will stop by your place tomorrow!!
    He certainly knows the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    Cash for ash!
    That's funny!!

Went broke with oak!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Danny; Danny; Danny... You never, EVER put it down where it can be printed and recorded; that's as bad as an admission of guilt!
    But we've got over 9000 places where you can hide among your friends in here!

Spyder Garage

I have the privilege of paying property tax on a canoe each year. Every four years I pay the DNR for the sticker that is required on my canoe.
    What you say? On a canoe? The reason is, I have the option of a 5 HP outboard engine on the canoe. The canoe is a Grumman with the square stern. The canoe will do a blistering 12 MPH! If you ever rode in it with the 2 cycle outboard you'd know why I named it "Vibrator".