Long story short , I visit California for official BRP unveiling last winter , roadtest...meet Jay Leno the whole nine yards awesome trip.... As one of my dealers top customers (number one in units sold to be exact) he invited me to attend with another good customer. The other customer ordered one yellow and I Immediately placed orders for two silver spyders. So we were one two and three....
fast forward....I get a call from the other customer 2 weeks ago saying he is getting his spyder the next day...... 2 silvers came in and one yellow.....it was a very busy time for me at work traveling but I know my dealer will call me and give me a pick up date so I waited to here........no call comes.

I get another call from my new friend (haha) telling me the bike is awesome but..... while he was there another customer took delivery of "my" silver unit and the other one was a demo .... it appears an out of state buyer came to a demo ride this summer and bought one on the spot ....months after we did... (does the word premium payment come to mind?) so apparently he is now driving his (my) spyder....
So here I sit in December with no Spyder(s), wearing my spyder jackets I've had for months.... watching them appear on ebay , reading the forums about everyone who has got them.... I thought I was being fair...I had told my dealer I would only take one this fall, allowing him to sell any others he got knowing there was high demand. We would take my wifes next spring... guess not....
We had hoped to trailer south for a winter get-away ... not......had I not heard from the customer I met in California I'd never even know my spyder dissapperared...I've been too upset to call my dealer, its not like he can do anything now anyways, I understand the demo must stay on premises until the next alottment arrives... I'm not posting the dealer because I'm not like that... I think he probably got pestered by a buyer willing to pay a large premium and probably rightfully made the money.....
BRP should NEVER have set this up this way.......Factory order should have been mandatory for the premium edition ...the vin #'s were VERY low on the 3 that came in now I will be receiving one inthe thousands for doing what I thought was right and ordering first.... ugh...