Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default $$$$$$$$ off I wish I knew

Ok I did it , I made the mistake , I did not do my homework and lost $3000 when I bought my RT .

Now I have tryed to just ingnore it and enjoy the ride but ...... I could have a new trailer or bought the top of the line model ..... need more time to go buy er bye er by .

It has ended up giving me a bad taste in my mouth about the whole experince even though I did do this to my self , and my wife .......... she does not want to talk about .

Like the RT but ............?

And I am speaking of the same dealer making both deals not some internet scam . Buyer be careful , go slow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by budsspuds View Post
    Ok I did it , I made the mistake , I did not do my homework and lost $3000 when I bought my RT
    I am confused what do you mean "lost $ 3000.00"?
    2011 RTS SM5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This will probably not make you feel better, but here goes...
    Try to think of it this way:
    It's not what you've got in it that matters...
    It's what you get OUT of it!

The money will be forgotten long before the good times are!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

This happens in everything.

The printer you just bought will have a rebate in two weeks, or be 1/2 off because their closing out for a new model coming out.

An automobile bought a few weeks ago at 2.9% is now being offered at 0% for 72 months.

That's just the way it goes...if you were to keep waiting for the next best deal, you'd never make the purchase.

The past is the past.

Just look forward to the fun rides and move on. It does you no good to dwell on something you can not change.

PS: I just bought mine 4 weeks ago; so I hear ya.

Spyder Garage

Default May be referring to this post.........................

Brand New 2012 White RT Limited In Texas

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcd/3177770799.html

Brand new. $23,600 + TTL out the door. Cash price

I'd be upset also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

OK .........I think I am catching up. You are refering to the 3K that they are offering to clear out the 2012 to make room for the 2013? I tend to buy something and then I quit shopping as it will drive you nuts for sure. Back a couple of years ago BRP brought out the 1000cc ATV and they dropped the price of the 800 by about a $ 1000.00. In effect it made all the 800 machines out there basically worth a $ 1000.00 buck less?

They didn't do that with the Spyder I believe, so at least all though you could have saved by waiting to buy your Spyder has not dropped any in value?

Ride it, Enjoy it and forget about it there is absolutley nothing you can do now about it? But next time do remember the reduction at "model" end is very common for all sorts of vehicles. If you want to wait and can wait you most likely will never find a better time to buy?
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

I can empathize..I missed out on a $500 accessory voucher from BRP because they only give them out at Manufacturer test rides which I wanted to do but they had none within 1000 miles of me even looking out months ahead. Then, a few weeks after I purchase they come out with 2 additional warranty years for free. Granted, it's a bad feeling but not much we can do about it. I'm curious as to how we might react a few years down the road when considering a new purchase? Will we stay away from BRP products because we felt slighted? Will we wait for some special deal that might never come? Will we tell folks asking about our Spyders about pricing variances and missed marketing opportunities? In other words is BRP setting themselves up for a higher expectation of deals in the future? BRP apparently EXPECTS customer loyalty as they send us cards to distribute to potential customers. Customer loyalty needs to be earned not taken for granted. Existing customer reaction should be part of their marketing and pricing strategy.
    2012 Spyder RT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    I am confused what do you mean "lost $ 3000.00"?
    Had I waited I would have saved 3000 bucks and I know that in my haste I did it to my self, I usually do my homework and I had been looking at Spyders sense 08 . I had never seen a price reduction of 2000 bucks in that time , so I was under the wrong assumtion ie they don't go on ''sale'', like I said my fault

In contrast when I purchased my Victorys I knew I could save a ton . And I did .

I also agree about just moving on , cepting that there was a link to my dealer here on this site with the sale price .

Spyder Garage

This has happened to all of us. Deals come and go, you can't always hit it just right. Don't beat yourself up about it, just enjoy your Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    I'm curious as to how we might react a few years down the road when considering a new purchase? Will we stay away from BRP products because we felt slighted? Will we wait for some special deal that might never come? Will we tell folks asking about our Spyders about pricing variances and missed marketing opportunities? In other words is BRP setting themselves up for a higher expectation of deals in the future? BRP apparently EXPECTS customer loyalty as they send us cards to distribute to potential customers. Customer loyalty needs to be earned not taken for granted. Existing customer reaction should be part of their marketing and pricing strategy.
    I to feel for you as well as myself when these things happen. I guess the only thing is I just do not see this as a BRP thing.............me thinks it is out there in all sorts of retail businesses?
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Buying a bike out of riding season or towards the end while always net you a better savings.

I bought mine in May well into the riding season still happy with the deal I got at the time and I have enjoyed it this summer. It's they way of the world, close to te end of th season, new models coming out, major insentives from the manufacture to clear stock for the 2013 models.

Its frustrating to play the what if game, the dealer may not have known about the incentives in the pipeline and gave you his best deal at the time. Around here you can get some great deals on motorbikes over the winter months.

Sorry not much help, vent a little, sigh and just enjoy what you have.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...-SE5-105094726

The rebate and price lowering continues!!! 2012 NEW RT A&C SE5 List $24,900 for ABOVE! $6,000 under list and Brand New!
    By the second week of OCT I expect them TO PAY ME to take an RT?
    And I called the Sales Manager and only Extra,s are Tax and Reg. NO Set Up or Delivery.
    Last edited by Sarge707; 09-02-2012 at 02:56 PM.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I learned long ago that once the deal is over to move on and not continue to shop. Obviously, the deal was good enough at the time to make me pull the trigger--so I just let it go at that. I am also one of the "lucky ones". There is also something going on that "could have" made the deal better had I just waited.

For me, the deal is many factors--how much for the trade in, what package am I buying, what deals on accessories if any, what is the finance package, how is my service after the sale going to be. Most of the above have monetary things attached and should be part of the consideration. The bottom line # and the financing package are the two big $ things for me. I don't get to excited about the other stuff. More for trade in, less off the bike or more off the bike, less for the trade-in. There are just many ways to work the stuff out.

There might be a few unscroupulous dealers out there with the intent to rip people off--but most are going to treat the customer fair. The new big dollar off sales are just that. BRP has not done this before--so maybe there is some big stuff in the offing to want them to get the old stock out. My dealer still has some 2011's they are trying to move out. I was one that helped him get rid of at least one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Forget what you paid and what if.The deal is done its over enjoy what you have.If you continue to brood its not going to change.It also happens to all of us.
    i bought my bike end June.People continue to post now 2 months later the big discounts being given on the same model.I pay. No attention the last2 months riding was worth every penny.
    Ivor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ivorspyder View Post
    Forget what you paid and what if.The deal is done its over enjoy what you have.If you continue to brood its not going to change.It also happens to all of us.
    i bought my bike end June.People continue to post now 2 months later the big discounts being given on the same model.I pay. No attention the last2 months riding was worth every penny.
    Ivor
    Good advice---you can't put a price on the fun riding that would have been missed.
    2012 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    Good advice---you can't put a price on the fun riding that would have been missed.
    NO ONE knew they were going to Give a $2,500 Rebate on the 28th of August, Not even the dealers!

Enjoy and don,t look back!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Sometimes you Eat the Bear, And Sometimes the Bear Eats you,
    Move on that 3k won't mean a rats tail down the road in a few more years.!

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey man, we all paid too much. get over it and RYDE!!.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Spyder View Post
    Hey man, we all paid too much. get over it and RYDE!!.
    .... best advise yet! Forget it and Ryde !