Thread: Todays Ride

Spyder Garage

Default Todays Ride

My wife and I took a nice ride north on 601 to Mt. Airy, NC. There was a county fair and a trike ride in. Most of the trikes were of the highly modified type with VW engines in them. There were not many there and no Spyders except ours. Oh well, maybe next year. Still really enjoyed the ride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like fun. I was telling Lisa that we need to explore out farther. Every time I try to get lost, we end up some place we recognize.

Spyder Garage

Default ride

yes you were the only spyderdid they check your out? every one has to ask me all kind of question about
    thewhen I go some where.

Spyder Garage

Default Todays Trip

No one at the trike meet was even remotely interested, however, on the trip up and back, it seem we were talking with someone at every light,gas station and restaurant we stopped at.

Spyder Garage

Default ride

yes it happen all the time it seemwhen I ride my but that make it fun

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

801 out of Mooresville just off Rt 150 east is a nice road to Mt Airy, then pick up 601 n. Hope you made to the Snappy Diner for the world famous pork chop sandwich.
    Never lost, just different roads!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Did anyone return home Via Hwy. 89?

Last year, the wife and I made the trip to Mt Airy North on 601, then we picked up 89 in Mt Airy and rode back the long way eventually connecting with 311 then 52 in Winston/Salem.

Hwy. 89 is impressively twisty. Unfortunately we rode the V-Rod and were fatigued by the time we reached Winston/Salem, and suffered pure torture until we reached Salisbury.

I am very much looking forward to making the trip again, the next time will be on the Spyder, after the 600 mile service.

Spyder Garage

Wish I had known about this event I would of been there. I think the triad needs a Ryder group for meetups and rides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by saint999 View Post
    Wish I had known about this event I would of been there. I think the triad needs a Ryder group for meetups and rides.
    The Triad area certainly has enough ryders for it.... have you thought of creating a face book group? There are already a couple:

Carolina Spyder Ryders
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/CarolinaSpyderRyders/

Spyyder Ryders of Western North Carolina
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/451607118206367

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)