Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=bh164;727944]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I just did an oil change with the new setup and it took 10 minutes to pull the panel and drain all the oil and remove both filters. This is WAY faster than the old way. Thumbs up to BRP for this mod.

All you do now is loosen the two bolts in front of the foot peg (do not remove), then remove the air wing, remove the two push pins that hold the panel on and slide the whole thing out. Perhaps you can explain the frustration of taking a spyder in for service .(oil and filter) and, being told by the dealers that spyder says one hour (manuf. est.before the new panel) (and they charged me 30 bucks for that i said it's supposed to be free too bad ) last grand total 195.00 dollars. So far 300.00 for first service,second sevice 190.00, and most recent service was 195.00 at 10,000 miles on a 2012 rts se5 i have already told the dealer it is out of warranty in 2014 and so is my dealings with you .i would never do business with him again, i am really starting to miss the honda goldwing more and more i tried writing brp and guess what? no reply...if anyone on here's looking to get a spyder stay away from the belleville motorcycle mall in nj. If the new panel was supposed to make service fast and cheaper. It half worked, it is faster. but the dealer didnt pass on the savings ,oh no it said brp says one hour thats what i charge .if brp told the dealers 20 mins they would flip out or if they sent out flat rate oil change rates to the customers like car dealers and gmac does wow no bs now. i purchased an oil change kit on ebay filters gaskets o rings and copper washers 25 bucks and they made money. no dealer discount for my purchase. it must cost the dealer less these oil changes should be at 100 dollars its 10 minutes work??? brp needs to tell dealers stop charging 1 hr rates for a 10 or 20 minute job!!!!
    I have no doubt some folks can do a change in 10-20 minutes but seriously doubt it can be done on an RT with a transmission filter. I've done 7 changes on mine and it always takes close to an hour. If I attempted to set the world record I might could do it in a half hour but I prefer not to rush it. BTW, at the dealer a trans filter is about $7 and motor filter is $13. O rings and washers need not be changed
    every time.

How long did it take you to change yours?
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

It took 10 min to drop the oil and filters on my SE. Took another 20 min or so to install the new filters and oil. I don't see being charged 1 hour being out of line at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Arrow

To my thinking the new panel was more a gesture of we hear you to the do it yourselfers than it was a time saving change that would/should rush a conscientious technician.
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 12-06-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Got mine last weekend. Middletown cycle. $36 , jyst have to get installed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Steel Black Metallic 2015 RTS-SE6 Limited ; FBB Highway Brackets/ gripper pegs. Gremlin bell. Bajaron sway bar, Elka stage 2 front shocks. Bumps kid with led lights, Ultimate seat tall boy seat. Trailer hitch. Freedom trailer.