Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Letter received here in Alberta for new panel and larger cover/filter for SE-5 transmission.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey41 View Post
    Letter received here in Alberta for new panel and larger cover/filter for SE-5 transmission.
    Lucky you, getting a letter. In the UK BRP are leaving us so much in the dark with their latest product developments we may have to develop ESP! Most companies with a worldwide distribution network treat ALL their international customers evenly and fairly. It makes good sense in a world with a World Wide Web. BRP obviously believes we Spyder owners won't talk to one another across borders. Plainly, that's nuts!
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 09-10-2012 at 02:43 PM.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Once installed, there is no visible difference between the old and new panel and grill.
    That's a load off, I'm sensitive to visible differences. The Spyder RT is too darn pretty to have its aesthetics
    messed about with.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

I just picked up my new 2012 RT-S last week. How can you tell if it has the new panels? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default NEW PANEL

I turned my voucher into the dealer over a month go. Haven't heard from them. I think they took the money and me. I need to find a new dealer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTVIPER View Post
    I turned my voucher into the dealer over a month go. Haven't heard from them. I think they took the money and me. I need to find a new dealer.
    My dealer ordered the new panel for me and installed it at the 4600 mile service at no cost even with me doing my on oil changes. I gave them the BRP voucher for the panel at the time of install. Something smells fishy if your dealer took your voucher before ordering the panel and its been over a month with no word from them.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't complain about it in here; you'll only get results by going to the dealer and pushing THEIR buttons!
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by borrec View Post
    I just picked up my new 2012 RT-S last week. How can you tell if it has the new panels? Thanks.
    The easy way is to see if your grill by the oil tank pulls out without tools.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    I asked my dealer about the panels and they said the only way I could get a set was to bring it in for an oil change. I. Checked another dealer and was told the same thing. Sad part is, I had the tupperware totally torn down and could have dropped the parts in on re-assembly. That would have been way too easy. Now I'm stuck paying the full price and letting the dealer tear off the parts all over again for nothing. Now that's customer service.

Glad to hear it reduces the time so much though. That's a huge plus.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    That is too bad most dealers in this area will give you the new panels all you need is your new panel certificate that came with your revised service schedule in the mail.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The easy way is to see if your grill by the oil tank pulls out without tools.
    Thank you Sir, just what I was looking for.

Spyder Garage

I'm in Ontario and I have received my new maintenance schedule book and the voucher for the new panel
    quite a while back. It also states that I have until May 31st 2013 to redeem it.

SilverFox
    If you don't change anything,,,
    nothing is going to change!

Spyder Garage

With my recent purchase of the 2012 RT Limited, does this model come with the new panels, or should have they been installed during my 600 mile checkup? Not sure on how to determine if I have them or not... Would like to do my own maintenance now that I am past the break-in period..

Thks in advance

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by srwilli View Post
    With my recent purchase of the 2012 RT Limited, does this model come with the new panels, or should have they been installed during my 600 mile checkup? Not sure on how to determine if I have them or not... Would like to do my own maintenance now that I am past the break-in period..

Thks in advance
    It may or may not be on there. The easy way to find out is see if the grill on the left side pulls out without any tools, the one by the oil tank.

Spyder Garage

Default NEW PANEL

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Don't complain about it in here; you'll only get results by going to the dealer and pushing THEIR buttons!
    Good Luck!

I've given the dealer 3 chances to improve on their service and each time it only gets worse. Twice they didn't put the tupperware back on correctly. Thank the lord for Spyderlovers.com. I was able to correct that issue myself. Now after installing the XM radio components, my trunk sits crooked on the . They're telling me that's the way it came from the factory. I know for a fact that's not true. My only option is to take it somewhere else. 3 strikes and you're out.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default What update panel and is there an oil change video for a 2011 RT?

I was looking for a video on how to do an oil change on a 2011 RT and saw you all talking about an update panel. What are you talking about? Was I supposed to have gotten something for my Spyder?

Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by lawawuu View Post
    I was looking for a video on how to do an oil change on a 2011 RT and saw you all talking about an update panel. What are you talking about? Was I supposed to have gotten something for my Spyder?
    This may help.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t=change+panel

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t=change+panel

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default NVB Bracket

Recently had the oil changed and the new panel put on. Riding yesterday I noticed my Lamonster NVB peg on the left side was moving around. When I stopped, I looked at it and when the panel was changed out they put the bolt holding the panel on but didn't put it through the peg bracket. Glad I noticed it.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default antifreeze

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Check your other post.
    I had read about how hard it was to check the reservoir. To check it, see the full line, get your hand in to open the cap and put antifreeze in it. How much thought went in to that?

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by lmstex View Post
    I had read about how hard it was to check the reservoir. To check it, see the full line, get your hand in to open the cap and put antifreeze in it. How much thought went in to that?
    Thought comes in the work around, due to the limited space. To replenish the antifreeze I fashioned a long tube. In order to remove and replace the cap via the front panel access I performed a little magic on the cap. Getting it off wasn't so bad, but trying to get it started was a (insert your favorite bad word).

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default oil

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Check your other post.
    I was going to ask about where to buy oil besides the dealer. Thanks for a reply

Spyder Garage

Default 10 minute oil removal with new panel for the RT

Well here in Australia BRP are not issuing the panel as they believe it does'nt save that much time however doing my own oil changes I know that it does. Purchased the panel, grill and bolts etc for $44. Money well spent.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I just did an oil change with the new setup and it took 10 minutes to pull the panel and drain all the oil and remove both filters. This is WAY faster than the old way. Thumbs up to BRP for this mod.

All you do now is loosen the two bolts in front of the foot peg (do not remove), then remove the air wing, remove the two push pins that hold the panel on and slide the whole thing out.

Which pins are they?

Spyder Garage

Do the 2013 RT s have the new panels on them already?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ST114ME View Post
    Do the 2013 RT s have the new panels on them already?
    Yes
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default you have brp's ear as an ambassador for your loyal fans and i am one...

[QUOTE=Lamonster;508004]I just did an oil change with the new setup and it took 10 minutes to pull the panel and drain all the oil and remove both filters. This is WAY faster than the old way. Thumbs up to BRP for this mod.

All you do now is loosen the two bolts in front of the foot peg (do not remove), then remove the air wing, remove the two push pins that hold the panel on and slide the whole thing out. Perhaps you can explain the frustration of taking a spyder in for service .(oil and filter) and, being told by the dealers that spyder says one hour (manuf. est.before the new panel) (and they charged me 30 bucks for that i said it's supposed to be free too bad ) last grand total 195.00 dollars. So far 300.00 for first service,second sevice 190.00, and most recent service was 195.00 at 10,000 miles on a 2012 rts se5 i have already told the dealer it is out of warranty in 2014 and so is my dealings with you .i would never do business with him again, i am really starting to miss the honda goldwing more and more i tried writing brp and guess what? no reply...if anyone on here's looking to get a spyder stay away from the belleville motorcycle mall in nj. If the new panel was supposed to make service fast and cheaper. It half worked, it is faster. but the dealer didnt pass on the savings ,oh no it said brp says one hour thats what i charge .if brp told the dealers 20 mins they would flip out or if they sent out flat rate oil change rates to the customers like car dealers and gmac does wow no bs now. i purchased an oil change kit on ebay filters gaskets o rings and copper washers 25 bucks and they made money. no dealer discount for my purchase. it must cost the dealer less these oil changes should be at 100 dollars its 10 minutes work??? brp needs to tell dealers stop charging 1 hr rates for a 10 or 20 minute job!!!!