Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    It helps because you don't have to take off any of the painted panels.
    I did drill the support and that is approved by BRP now.

When you say it is approved by BRP, what exactly does that mean? Is there an approved size, location or what? Is there BRP documentation of any kind ? I asked my dealer about any information they may have on the drilled hole and they had no idea what I was talking about. However, thay agree that it would be a good solution and solve the problem.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default What Is Missing From Lamont's picture?

I was looking at your picture of where the panels were removed and did not see the new sticker attached to the side of the oil tank. Did you forget to put your stick on?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcturner View Post
    When you say it is approved by BRP, what exactly does that mean? Is there an approved size, location or what? Is there BRP documentation of any kind ? I asked my dealer about any information they may have on the drilled hole and they had no idea what I was talking about. However, thay agree that it would be a good solution and solve the problem.
    Tell them to look it up in BossWeb, it's there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EzeSpyderGA View Post
    I was looking at your picture of where the panels were removed and did not see the new sticker attached to the side of the oil tank. Did you forget to put your stick on?
    Mine was PS (Pre Sticker)

Spyder Garage

Tell them to look it up in BossWeb, it's there.
    For those of us that don't have easy access to our dealer, what does it say? Is it something that BRP is going to pay the dealers to do ? It seems like something they should be addressing and it should be on their nickel.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcturner View Post
    For those of us that don't have easy access to our dealer, what does it say? Is it something that BRP is going to pay the dealers to do ? It seems like something they should be addressing and it should be on their nickel.
    We're talking about drilling a hole, it's a TST (Technical Service Tip). It's one on those things you can do if like or not. All I'm saying is you can drill the hole and BRP won't have a problem with.

Spyder Garage

We're talking about drilling a hole, it's a TST (Technical Service Tip). It's one on those things you can do if like or not. All I'm saying is you can drill the hole and BRP won't have a problem with.
    Great, thanks for the quick reply. My concern was that BRP would put some kind of constraint in this action that would allow them to duck some responsibility down the road. In my short time dealing with them, this is my take on the type of company they are. I love the bike but, BRP is not my trusted friend as yet. Fortunately for me, I have a good dealer that has helped me where BRP has failed.

Spyder Garage

Got my bike back tonight from the dealer, with the new panel installed. Looks good, and I'm looking forward to doing my own maint in the future. This should certainly help.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited , OEM NA Satin Platinum

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: 10 minute oil removal with new panel for the RT

I just did an oil change with the new setup and it took 10 minutes to pull the panel and drain all the oil and remove both filters. This is WAY faster than the old way. Thumbs up to BRP for this mod.

Faster than Jiffy Lube. Way to go Lamont.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

I just did an oil change with the new setup and it took 10 minutes to pull the panel and drain all the oil and remove both filters. This is WAY faster than the old way. Thumbs up to BRP for this mod.

A+ for BRP. A buddy of mine comes to my garage to change oil on his RT and he likes the new way. He now can change his oil in half the time.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Part #

Anybody have a part# for this panel? And, does anyone know if the new RTS's come from the dealer with this already installed? (purchased in July).

Daryl A Rausch
    Fire Chief & Emergency Management Director
    Monroe, Wisconsin
    "Cheese City"

"It ain't easy being Cheesey"

Spyder Garage

Quick Access Body Panels Kit P/N 219 800 255

Consiting of:
    bottom rear side panel 705 006 820
    grill 219 800 256
    bracket 705 006 822
    2 steel spring nuts 250 100 069
    screw 205 484560
    2 nuts 233 281 434

Some kits were shipped without the grill so make sure you check if you are lucky enough to find a dealer who will hand you the kit!

Instruction Sheet P/N 219 800 270
    Last edited by Rando; 09-07-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ICE View Post
    I have not received my letter from BRP for the new panel. Are they still rolling them out or is mine MIA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    You need to check and make sure your dealer turned in your purchase info to BRP. I've heard that some are not in the BRP system...Go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by gln2 View Post
    I dont understand why but if you live in California you won't be getting one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    We did not get a letter because per CA. law BRP could not include us in the new maintenance schedule. But, that does not mean you can not get the new panel. Check with your dealer and see how he is handling it. Probably pay to play since we don't have a letter to give him for reimbursement.
    Not sure why we didn't get at least the letter. Oversight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    I haven't been paying too attention to this matter but I seem to recall a couple of posts stating that for some reason the new oil change/filters/etc hasn't been approved for CA as yet.

No clue as to why.

EDIT
    disregard .....sorry
    Got the new filter and housing. Just no letter for a free or low cost panel set?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Quick Access Body Panels Kit P/N 219 800 255

Consiting of:
    bottom rear side panel 705 006 820
    grill 219 800 256
    bracket 705 006 822
    2 steel spring nuts 250 100 069
    screw 205 484560
    2 nuts 233 281 434

Some kits were shipped without the grill so make sure you check if you are lucky enough to find a dealer who will hand you the kit!

Instruction Sheet P/N 219 800 270
    Just learned of this.....through the spyderlovers grapevine......................................... .........................................

here is what I know I heard, has more been said by BRP?

Last edited by TicketBait; 09-07-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: typo

Spyder Garage

He said what wait!!!.......that's what I thought I heard too.

Have an idea TB.

Ask the folks here > brp.service@brp.com ........ if you hear back, let us know what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Just learned of this.....through the spyderlovers grapevine......................................... .........................................

here is what I know I heard, has more been said by BRP?

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default 10 minute oil removal with new panel for the RT

Excellent idea Jerbear, I will contact BRP at the link provided and since this seems state specific, I will post my previous thread in the California section so others can become involved that are effected by this, with the link you provided!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Click on the picture.

It looks to me like most of the time saved is down to eliminating 4 mounting bolts. If that's right it's going to leave 4 empty holes in the footpeg plate where the bolt heads use to be. Don't think those empty holes will look too good.
    Last edited by GeoffCee; 09-09-2012 at 05:37 AM.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

It's all good! No empty holes are left visible.
    Last edited by Rando; 09-09-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Spyder Garage

It's all good! No empty holes are left visible.
    Great. So what fills them?

Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,

Spyder Garage

Bolts and nuts.

Spyder Garage

Default letter

I have not received my letter from BRP for the new panel. Are they still rolling them out

Spyder Garage

Bolts and nuts.
    You are clearly a man of few words not taken to lengthy explanations. This is not a criticism, merely an observation. "Bolts and nuts" will suffice. Thanks for taking the time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    You are clearly a man of few words not taken to lengthy explanations. This is not a criticism, merely an observation. "Bolts and nuts" will suffice. Thanks for taking the time.
    Once installed, there is no visible difference between the old and new panel and grill.
    Last edited by Rando; 09-10-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by btcherm View Post
    I have not received my letter from BRP for the new panel. Are they still rolling them out
    You should have received one by now, along with a booklet with the new maintenance schedule. Better check with your dealer or BRP to see that your warranty was properly registered/transferred. If your Spyder is listed under another name/address, still in the dealer's name, or the information they have is wrong, you will not only fail to receive this notice, but any future recall notices or other important announcements. Only CA owners were left out of this one.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    You should have received one by now, along with a booklet with the new maintenance schedule. Better check with your dealer or BRP to see that your warranty was properly registered/transferred. If your Spyder is listed under another name/address, still in the dealer's name, or the information they have is wrong, you will not only fail to receive this notice, but any future recall notices or other important announcements. Only CA owners were left out of this one.
    Together with CA owners, we in the European area also appear to be outside of BRP's distribution loop, though I appreciate CA sets itself apart from the rest of the US with its particular brand of safety legislation, whatever. It may catch up with us eventually, it may not, but as of now we in the backwoods of Spyder ownership are still running 3000 mile oil change intervals and there has been no word on the improved replacement panel.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    Together with CA owners, we in the European area also appear to be outside of BRP's distribution loop, though I appreciate CA sets itself apart from the rest of the US with its particular brand of safety legislation, whatever. It may catch up with us eventually, it may not, but as of now we in the backwoods of Spyder ownership are still running 3000 mile oil change intervals and there has been no word on the improved replacement panel.
    Yes, sorry not to have mentioned you guys. Not sure if this applies to Canada, or all Canadian provinces, either. Perhaps someone will enlighten us. In the US the letter was sent to all but California owners....if they were properly registered in BRP's warranty/owners list at the time of the letter.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!