Thread: Brake Recall

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Brake Recall

I had a call today from BRP about the brake recall. Said they had four cycles on which the brakes failed due to air in the brake line.

BRP ask me to return to the dealer for service. Now my question is - if I have 2,000 miles on the bike how could I possibly have air in my lines?

I am about 600 miles from the dealer so I would really appreciate some input from someone on this forum that knows mechanics. I don't want to fix it if it isn't broke.

Way2Fast

Default Re: Brake Recall

From what I understand the brake issue goes beyond just air in the lines. It involves a computer malfunction. If it were only air in the lines, the problem would be noticable from the first ride. Too much air = no brakes. a little air = spongy soft pedal that can be cured by pumping brakes. BRP is very lawsuit conscience and wants to corrrect the problem ASP.

Richard

Spyder Garage

I got my recall call while in the hospital getting a stint put in my stint. I contacted the dealer and they said it would be next Tuesday before they could come get the Spyder and I said I thought it would be at least that before I could ride again -- so that is how it stands. I have a little over 400 miles on mine and had not noticed any problem, so it will be interesting to see if they find anything.

hollylmh Yellow 444.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Way 2 Fast, Were do you get your info? "It involves a computer malfunction" I think the only malfunction is your INFO.....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My brakes work just fine.
    but I only got 260 miles on mine.
    but i will be taking mine in for service at 600 miles.

*****Update******
    I drove it to work this morning and when I came to a complete stop the brake light came on and the screen started scrolling "Brake Failure" I called Bert's Mega mall and the service tech said he has to call BRP to see if there is an actual recall and call me back. WTF? what does a recall even have to do with it? If my brake fails I should be able to take it to them immediately to get fixed, right?
    I mean I did pay for warranty for a reason.

I will call BRP my damn self and update this soon.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just took delivery of s.n. 080 last week and the day after Thanksgiving I got a call directly from BRP saying "Take it back". They also mentioned the four machines with air in the brake lines, but today, while getting ready to put in on the trailer, the display scrolled across; "Brake Failure". I have only 10 miles on it. I too think it is more than just "Air in the lines".

Spyder Garage

I got my Spyder back today. The dealer came and got the unit, trailered it to the dealership, corrected an oil leak, check the brake system [passed], and trailered it back to me. Enjoyed my first ride in almost a week! Like it more every day.

Hollylmh Yellow 444
    NW FL

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by spyder#1
    Way 2 Fast, Were do you get your info? "It involves a computer malfunction" I think the only malfunction is your INFO.....
    Now that it is common knowledge that the brake recall involved more than just bleeding the brakes, you can see that my "info" was correct !!!! BRP gives the dealers 6 hours shop time to do the repair on those units where hydraulic pressure is below the required limits.. Another website had the entire proceedure posted and it involved several pages of instructional material for the dealers to follow.

Richard

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Which website had the info posted on the procedure???????

joet

Quote Originally Posted by 2faston3
    Which website had the info posted on the procedure???????
    http://can-amtalk.com/