Spyder Garage

Default Camping- WITH trailer. How do you do it?

What do you take for two?
    How do you pack it?
    Any tips?
    Etc...
    2015 SE6 RT-S
    Black/Red Special Edition.

Spyder Garage

Default Camping- WITH trailer. How do you do it?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346047397.991888.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346047420.228305.jpg

Here my three day camping trip to Roosevelt, WA - got 3 kites, 1 kite board for Kiteboarding, 1 sleeping bag, I sleeping pad, 2 person dome tent, wetsuit, changing towel, cloths, cooler in frunk w food, IPad and IPhone plus rain gear --- no trailer needed lol

Spyder Garage

Very personal question, with lots of different answers. Unless you are towing a popup camper, the mode of transportation means little, except to limit your space. You can pack as though you were backpacking, and go light. You can pack a little more, like you were bicycle or bare motorcycle camping. You can load the trailer with a large tent, cookstove, fishing gear, etc...leaving out little but the kitchen sink. A lot depends on how long you expect to be on the road, the weather, recreational activities planned, additional clothes, and even what amenities the campground offers. Bear country presents some additional needs. If this is your first time camping, or camping from a motorcycle, I'd suggest an overnight or weekend expedition to a local park to get the hang of it...or even a ride around the block to "camp" in your own back yard. There is nothing more miserable than trying to set up a tent for the first time in the dark on a road trip (except doing it in the rain). Practice makes perfect...and it will let you hone and adjust your packing list as you learn.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Robertsepolen View Post
    What do you take for two?
    How do you pack it?
    Any tips?
    Etc...
    Since my wife doesn't camp anymore (she's paid her dues) I'll just give a hint about how we pack our trailer for a trip: it worked really well to pack the items we might need during the day, such as rain gear, warm clothes, maps, guide books, etc. in the front of the trailer. We could easily and quickly get to those items by opening the smaller front hatch. I used a plastic milk crate to hold some smaller items so they could easily be found, such as gloves, camera, emergency supplies such as patch kits and tire pump, etc. Hope that helps a bit.

With all the room the trailer provides you should be able to comfortably pack for two without much problem. Just remember the weight limit of the trailer, which is 150# of cargo if I recall correctly, is more limiting than the actual space you have. Don't think you can just fill up the trailer with no worries! lol
    Dan