Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hecoon View Post
    not if she rides a victory vegas.

best investment ever
    My wife is the extremely rare human that has never as much as ridden a bicycle.... she's been riding with me for almost 5 years and sometimes still closes her eyes in the twisties....one would thinnk that would make the experience scarier but who am I to judge!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

My wife sometimes closes hers in the mountains riding next to a sharp drop off. It would make me reach for the Dramamine, but it doesn't bother her in the least.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    I have a lava bronze RT limited. I noticed with the RT a full face will only fit in the front Frunk.And only one, some friends of ours wear 3/4 and they can fit both up there.
    A full-face helmet will fit in the right saddlebag, too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wear a full face to protect my full face. Had a friend many years ago go down and he has no chin...

I wear a full fact as I have a CB, XM and radio....no wind noise either...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    On three wheels i use a 3/4 helmet with a shield, In the winter i use a full face. [it's warmer]
    On two wheels i always use a full face summer and winter, Because Every now and then a two wheeler will/can,
    Under the right circumstances Fall over.
    I do exactly the same.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a shark evoline that ive begun wearing almost exclusively. 3/4 all the time unless its cold or raining. here in the heat, really wish it could magically be a 1/2 helmet, but after wearing this for the past few weeks, my 1/2 helmet feels weird.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I use several helmets.

img_9144-text.jpg

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default helmet type

Quote Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
    I was wearing a full face helmet when I was in an accident a few years ago...it probably saved my life.I've worn one ever since.
    On June 15 2010 I was run down by a DRUNK driver... I had on my new full face helmet
    I have never used one but I decided to give one a try, it's a modular type with the flip up front
    after being run down and when I was able to check out my stuff I noticed damage tto the front of the helmet right where my chin and mouth is ...... now that is all I use and am glad it was there when I needed it...
    motorctcledave

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wear a modular; eyeglasses make it the easiest choice.
    Why do I wear it? Because I'm smart!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Helmets?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Ivorspyder View Post
    I do exactly the same.
    Me three!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    A full-face helmet will fit in the right saddlebag, too.
    My daughters does but mine won't.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

both of us use the full face - I will leave the face part up up on hot days though. We have full face models because we already had them for our snowmobiles so it just made sense to just buy and change the face shield over to "bike gear" and keep using them (already have the bluetooth setup in them too).

Spyder Garage

My handsome mug does not like pavement facials. Full face here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Full face for me... I like my chin.

impacts.gif

(Also, it's quieter, no wind, no bugs, no debris, and if you find a proper fit, not at all claustrophobic nor does it impede your sightlines ).

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Full face for me... I like my chin.

impacts.gif

(Also, it's quieter, no wind, no bugs, no debris, and if you find a proper fit, not at all claustrophobic nor does it impede your sightlines ).
    Well said!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wear a Scorpion Convertable that allows me to go full face or convert to open face when needed. I also carry a DOT approved Scorpion 1/2 helmut as a spare or if the day gets too hot.

Spyder Garage

I have 4 Nolan modular helmets and 2 Nolan N43's which are not full face--but have a face shield and attachable chin bar.

akspyderlady does not like the claustrophobic feel from a full face--but she always wears the Nolan N43.

On warmer days and for my commute, I usually wear an N43. My communicator is in one of the modular versions--so I use that on rides. I use one of the other Modular helmets on colder days.

Full face or modular is going to be the best for safety--if and when you need the protection. But, IMO, any helmet is better than no helmet.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default helmet use...

I ride with a modular or full face helmet. Why? I was riding my Kawi Nomad 1700, rolled into a curve at about 35 and next thing you know I'm rolling across the road like a rag doll. Both the bike and I slid into a ditch with enough force the bike bounced back out on the road. I slowly crawled out of the ditch and stood up to assess the damage. My boots were scuffed up, my left jacket (Olympia) side, elbow and upper arm showed scuffs. MyField Sheer pants had scuffs on the left hip and both knees. More shocking was the damage to the HJC modular helmet. The front modular chin and shield look like it was attacked by a weed whacker and I could barely see through it. The drivers of the cars behind me were surprised I was standing after watching me wipe out. That's why I wear a full face helmet and ATGATT. Luck had nothing to do with it.

The folks on site, bent my engine guard back out and I rode the 25 miles home and went to the hospital. As a result of ATGATT, all I had was a broken collar bone.

Spyder Garage

my wife and I use the ST1 from BRP since 4 years and 30.000 mls - best of two worlds for our area here
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Ultimate Spyderlover
    Spyder Garage

If you have a sport model with a low windshield, full face is the only way to go (for me). If not, you're gonna be swallowing bugs down your mouth, and taking cheek bruises from rocks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks all...

Quote Originally Posted by CDNSpyder View Post
    I just have to ask....why does each and every single Spyder ryder I have seen so far, use a full face helmet?

As a long time 2 wheeler with both full face (sports bikes) and shorty helmets for all of the cruisers, I have yet to see a Spyder rider with a shorty....

Can some of the experienced Spyder ryders give this newbie some in-sight on pros and cons....I'm sure I'm missing something here....

JR
    Thank you all for your input on the helmet debate...not really much of a debate

I still own several full face helmets from my sport bike days...couldn't really bring myself to throwing them out (a) they were still in decent shape and (b) I had paid over $1G for one of them... and close to that for each of the other two...SHOEI helmets aren't cheap around here...

JR

Spyder Garage

Vented half-helmet for me, with a removeable shorty shield that comes down to just cover my nose. Keeps the bugs out of my eyes while still being cool on hot days. I've got covers for the ears for later this fall.

Spyder Garage

Default Helmets????

I have both , on cold days I use full and any other day i use the short.just never know.

Spyder Garage

My wife carries both a full face and a 1/2 in her frunk. Florida is a no helmet state, so usually both of us don't have helmets on, but if we head to GA for breakfast or lunch, then we need to helmet up and she usually put the 1/2 on, she carries the full face in case we get caught in the rain.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I have a Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer modular helmet: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_helmet.html

It's vented and I can flip up the chin if I need to or convert it to a 3/4 if I really want to.
    2012 RT , Blue