We had a great turn out for our August ride, 17 spyders! Les Caswell, our dealler at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN, and I dreamed up these rides last year. We do one ride a month and this year we started in April and our last ride will be in October.

Our recent ride took us to Little Falls, MN. It wasn't one of our longer rides, but was it ever a great ride. Seth had some work done at Caswell's on Friday and then came down to our house and crashed for the night and the three of us road back up to Mora Saturday morning. After getting there and helping with sign-in, we noticed that about half of the people that showed up for the ride were new to our group! There was so much visiting going no in the parking lot that Les had a hard time getting everyone to mount up to start on our ride.

Our first stop was to go through Mora and take a photo next to the giant Dala Horse (Mora is a very Swedish town) then we "paraded" through town on our way out. Les pick some good country roads to take us to Little Falls, thank goodness for farmers that wouldn't let the roads cut through their fields, that makes for some fun sweeping corners to go along their boarders. We did get a little wet, but even that couldn't ruin our ride. We all dried out after lunch!

As all good Spyderlovers know, there are three things we all love to do: ride, talk, and eat good food!! With the first two checked off the list (of course we are never done talking!) we contined on to the third. Our lunch stop was at The Black & White Restaurant, there is some great history to this place and the food was awesome. Our daughter, Heather, drove down from "dirt town" to join us for lunch and pick up Seth (he had to go to work that night), so we all said our good-byes in the parking lot and some of our riders headed for home on different routes. About seven of us followed Les back to the dealership and I got the "honor" of riding the death machine back to More for Seth to drop it off for further repairs.

All in all it was a great day and ride - when I woke up this morning I said to Butch, "What are we going to do today top yesterdays ride?!!!"

Here is a link to the photos of our ride yesterday:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.457744774247697.102767.100000365346370&type =3&l=1f64c58714

--Paula