Spyder Garage

Default 2010 RT 622 trailer light Issues

My dealer sold me a new 2010 trailer to mate to my 2012 RTS. The red trailer ligts act as both stop and turn but the 4 amber lights do not function as the RTS does with amber turn signals. Is there a problem with mating the older trailer wiring and if so is there a fix for it? I beleive the upper ambers can be changed out with clear and by using a jumper kit will function as back-ups but I also beleive the lower ambers should function as turn flashers.

Daryl A Rausch
    Fire Chief & Emergency Management Director
    Monroe, Wisconsin
    "Cheese City"

"It ain't easy being Cheesey"

Spyder Garage

I have the same as you 2010 RT-622, it does the same the rear running brake lights flash as indicators.

Mine is in bits, I just took it down to the paint shop this morning, won't get it back for two weeks. Trailer will be done this week, but I'm traveling for work so won't be able to pick up until 2nd week in September.

Anyway, I plan to wire the turn signal into the back lights. This will make the turn signals lights into running / indicators. You can leave the bulbs orange or change them out to red.

I also plan to get the reversing lights working, on the 2010 the reverse lights exist, 2011 upwards there just dummy lights. From what I remember when I was testing the connections from the 2012 rev 5 trailer harness I'm sure the revers sends power just not connected at the trailer end. I just received the custom dynamics trailer bac up kit this morning, I plan to install this when I reassemble the trailer.

I will post back in a couple of weeks with the results.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

There is no cure. The later trailer modules were changed to only provide 4-wire output, as far as I can tell. The 2011/2012 trailers are only wired for 4-wire function, and work just as your 2010 trailer does now. BRP did not explain this change. I expect it may either have been in response to a problem they had with blow trailer modules, or else a regulatory thing of some sort. It is what it is...you just have to make the best of it.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Ok thanks for the responses. It is not a big deal just seemed odd that the bulbs were there but unused.

Daryl A Rausch
    Fire Chief & Emergency Management Director
    Monroe, Wisconsin
    "Cheese City"

"It ain't easy being Cheesey"

Spyder Garage

I have a 2010 RTS & matching trailer. However I bought the trailer 6 months after I had the bike. Good thing for me as the bikes warranty expired at the end of January, but they carry separate warranties, so I was still covered. The bikes modular shorted out at Cowtown and at first I payed $250 for the fix only to find out it was covered under warranty. And when they replaced it, I no longer had the amber lights. No biggie. I do recommend the third brake light. The photo below was before I had it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Bike View Post
    Ok thanks for the responses. It is not a big deal just seemed odd that the bulbs were there but unused.
    The 2011/2012 trailers don't have the bulbs, sockets, or wiring.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!