Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Ryders with CMA

Had someone ask if the CMA in front of Cowboy stood for Christian Motorcyclists Association. I said yes and that made me curious how many spyder ryders are also with CMA. How are the chapter members accepting the new fangled think called spyder? I have met with some resistance and some acceptance and quite a few fence sitters since I and my wife moved to the RTs.
    Ray
    "Instead of arriving in Heaven in a nice well perserved body I'd rather slide in feet first, all beat up, loudly proclaiming thank you Jesus for a great ride!"

Spyder Garage

I hear you and Pinkyjo have been good Spyder ambassadors, a co-worker of mine seems pretty excited about a possible red one in their future.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

There is a CMA group here but I have never ridden with them. Based on what they stand for--it would seem surprising if they did not accept any and all riders and what they ride would not be an issue.

I am an associate member (need a GW to be a full member) of the GWWRA and they welcomed us and our Spyders with open arms.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I've been a CMA member for 4-5 years and really enjoy our Chapter. Everyone kids me about my Spyder. If they didn't tease me for that, it would be something else. I do a little teasing of my own!! Everyone is good hearted and we really have a good time.

2009 Red & Black RS
    Mods so far:
    Ultimate Seat w/Backrest
    Kewl Metal Highway Brackets

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have recently joined a local CMA group. Great people and their reason for being can only be commended. Thanks for the PM Cowboy!

Spyder Garage

We ride with quite a few CMA guys when we do Patriot Guard missions, and we've had absolutely no problem with either group when we're on our . When we rode on a CMA ride a few months back, we were asked if our had been blessed before. When I replied that the monks in Quebec blessed our when we were at Spyderfest Magog 2011, they told us the blessing didn't cross international lines and the would need to be blessed again. Of course, they did confess to having a hard time calling our a "bike" so they went with "machine" during the blessing!
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

I am a member of CMA and my wife rides the Spyder at the events. Because of the attraction of the Spyder we are able to "Witness" to many that may have not approached without it.

The only issue we get is that the hardcore CMA trike riders are not buying into the quality and functionality of the Spyders. Its hard to talk to them about "new fangle" computer controls that they don't or wont take the time to understand. I just speak my peace and move on to the most important thing...Reaching others for Christ.

"Tigger" 2011 RS-S Alloy Orange/Matte Black (hers)
    "Hammer Head" 2012 RoadGlide Custom (his)