Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: When did you order your Spyder?

Quote Originally Posted by spyder22
    spyderman are you in florida?
    Yep 21 years. Just kiddin about the Raider, dealer tells me he won't see any till Jan.

Spyder Garage

Spyderman, where did you get the handlebar riser? I have used Speigler and the one out of New Mexico [GEN something]. But it seems to me the Spyder needs about 24 to 36 inches more wind screen! Back roads are not too bad but the super slab is a pain.

hollylmh Yellow 444 NW FL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I ordered my Spyder today, 11/25/07, at Bert's after a test ride. Very enjoyable. Does not compare to either a motorcycle or a sidecar, but is in a league of its own. Ordered the yellow color because of the heightened visibility. Now, my only decisions are which current bikes will I need to sell before taking delivery on the Spyder.

Way2Fast

If anyone wants to consider a trade of sorts for a new 2008 Raider S (candy red) with 2 miles on it, extra chrome and engine guards let me know.

Richard

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I ordered mine on Sept 22,07 and it is suppose to in May 08". Hope to ride it at Lacona and Sturgius.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I ordered mine in April and Im still waiting.. I was # 7 at the dealer in Bradenton Fla. They say it will be here tomorrow.. I am skeptical. Seems like its been an eternity!

Way2Fast

They seem to be arriving in Florida. Dealers are getting more than expected. 17 were just delivered to a dealer in south FL. My dealer received 5 last week when he only expected 4. BRP was only supposed to produce 600 before shutting down until after the 1st of January. I was told by a BRP official that some 2500 were actually produced. The market appears about to be flooded with Spyders. In plenty of time for Christmas !!

Richard

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hollylmh
    Spyderman, where did you get the handlebar riser? I have used Speigler and the one out of New Mexico [GEN something]. But it seems to me the Spyder needs about 24 to 36 inches more wind screen! Back roads are not too bad but the super slab is a pain.

hollylmh Yellow 444 NW FL
    I ordered the riser from West Coast Motorcycles here in Ft Myers. It took about a month to get but most dealers should have them in stock or get them in a couple of days.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ordered my black and silver spyder in August, and was told (not holding my breath) it should be here in the next 4 weeks. That should put delivery right around Chanakwanzimas, which would be great. Since it seems like we've only had about one inch of rain in the last five years in So. Cal and it rarely gets cold out here, I should be able to do lots of riding in January. So, I'm starting to get stoked! (yup, that's a So Cal word). I just picked up my special edition jacket from the shop, bought a new silver helmet, put my Harley up for sale, and now just need to stay patient a little bit longer . . .

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Fast
    They seem to be arriving in Florida. Dealers are getting more than expected. 17 were just delivered to a dealer in south FL. My dealer received 5 last week when he only expected 4. BRP was only supposed to produce 600 before shutting down until after the 1st of January. I was told by a BRP official that some 2500 were actually produced. The market appears about to be flooded with Spyders. In plenty of time for Christmas !!

Richard
    Can you explain more about the 17 being delivered to a dealer in South Fl? Was it a single dealer? Which dealer?

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbertian
    Can you explain more about the 17 being delivered to a dealer in South Fl? Was it a single dealer? Which dealer?
    There is a photo of the truck loaded with Spyders on the "other" website. The dealers name starts with a "B"...might have been Broward, ....but I'm not certain. Memory isn't what it used to be !!

Richard

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ordered my Spyder in March, 2007. Dealer called two days ago and said it was in and ready for delivery. Went to the shop at once, paid the balance due, and proceded to the showroom to ride it home. GLITCH!!! Between the shop and showroom the keys had been misplaced. After an hour of searching, no keys and I had to go home without my bike.

They are talking about ordering a new ignition module from the factory. Why can't a new set of keys be made using the VIN number as a reference point? What are the chances that a new module is available? Unhappy camper does not even come close.

Jack H.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by barb36jack31
    Ordered my Spyder in March, 2007. Dealer called two days ago and said it was in and ready for delivery. Went to the shop at once, paid the balance due, and proceded to the showroom to ride it home. GLITCH!!! Between the shop and showroom the keys had been misplaced. After an hour of searching, no keys and I had to go home without my bike.

They are talking about ordering a new ignition module from the factory. Why can't a new set of keys be made using the VIN number as a reference point? What are the chances that a new module is available? Unhappy camper does not even come close.

Jack H.
    Unfortunately, they keys have a smart chip in them coded to the ignition module. If there is no key available, even the dealer cant get you a spare from what ive heard.

Spyder Garage

order on 7-2 07 in hayward ca. picked up # 53 on 11-27 in dealers second dealivery of 6 more..$17.410 OTD
    HAPPY TRAILS SPYDEE PE#53

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Dealer called BRP and they are sending two new keys. The dealer can then program them on their in-house computer and I will be on my way. (This is the theory anyway.) We'll see.

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The keys came right on schedule and were programmed. I picked up the bike this afternoon and went riding. Smooth, powerful and good looking. I did notice that the power steering was very sensitive. Maybe I was hanging on to the handlebars too tightly, but it seemed rather twitchy. I probably need to relax and let the machine do its thing.

Went out to do an errand this evening and decided to take the Spyder. Fired it up and suddenly realized I had no headlights! I had running lights, turn signals, brake lights and dash lights, but no headlights. Called the dealer and I will take it in tomorrow for a fix. Not too pleased to have to take it back less than 24 hours after delivery, but maybe this is just an abberation and all will be well after the fix. On the other hand, this may be like my 2004 Lexus automobile that was in the shop more than 15 times in the four years I had it. Glad that dog is out of my life. We'll see. Will keep you all posted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by barb36jack31
    The keys came right on schedule and were programmed. I picked up the bike this afternoon and went riding. Smooth, powerful and good looking. I did notice that the power steering was very sensitive. Maybe I was hanging on to the handlebars too tightly, but it seemed rather twitchy. I probably need to relax and let the machine do its thing.

Went out to do an errand this evening and decided to take the Spyder. Fired it up and suddenly realized I had no headlights! I had running lights, turn signals, brake lights and dash lights, but no headlights. Called the dealer and I will take it in tomorrow for a fix. Not too pleased to have to take it back less than 24 hours after delivery, but maybe this is just an abberation and all will be well after the fix. On the other hand, this may be like my 2004 Lexus automobile that was in the shop more than 15 times in the four years I had it. Glad that dog is out of my life. We'll see. Will keep you all posted.
    Man that's a drag. Hope it's just a fuse or a loose plug or something.

I found the steering and the brakes to be real sensitive. It was kind of like the first time I went from armstrong steering and non power brakes to power steering and power brakes. I think it's just going to take some miles to get use to it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ordered mine in August '07. Was # 48 on dealers list, but since I ordered yellow, I was # 6 for that color. But there's more ..
    One primary reason for me moving to a Spyder from my Harley was that I had my left leg amputated above knee in June '07. If I was gonna keep riding - and there was no doubt I was - three wheels were required. Converting the Electra Glide to a trike was not a financially reasonable solution as it would have cost me over 15K before all done. The Spyder trumped that idea in every possible category.
    A few weeks ago, as the relization that I wouldn't see my Spyder until probably February or March at earliest set in, I decided to do the real right thing. I contacted a couple of the National Program Managers at BRP, explained my situation, and got them to assist me in transferring my deposit from the '08 model to a '09 model with the SE5 tranny. I've been assured priority delivery on that come next July.
    It was the right thing for me to do. I'd have had to use aftermarket devices to allow for shifting, and that would have cost as much if not more than the SE5 tranny option anyway. It wouldn't have been warranted, and I doubt as efficient as the factory will produce. So, I wait.
    Let me say this - kudos to the people at BRP! The folks that got involved in helping me could have easily pushed this off on lesser employees. It's seldom when dealing with a large multi-national corporation that you can reach right up into the inner circles and actually get e-mails and phone calls from the decision makers. Marc, Claude .. you guys are the greatest! Yeah, there are some bumps in the road in getting everything up and running, but from what I read much of that is coming from the dealers, not BRP. My knowing that you cared enough to take time out of your hectic schedules to pay attention to a single individual such as myself speaks volumes about the committment BRP has to it's new owners of Spyder. And I would be remiss if I didn't also say thanks to my dealer, Broward Motorsports in Davie, FL, for allowing the deposit transfer. I appreciate your cooperation!
    To all of you out there like me, I hope this note lets you get a glimpse of what is happening behind the curtain so to speak. Be patient, please. This fantastic motorcycle is worth the wait!
    Jim S.
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    Member, IronButt Association
    Member, American Motorcycle Association,
    Member, National Harley Owners Group
    Member, Ft. Lauderdale H.O.G.
    Dealer, Amsoil Mororcycle Oils ( www.lubedealer.com/biker )
    Motorcycle rider and enthuasist since 1962

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Took my bike in this morning and they jumped all over my "no lights"problem. Fixed it in less than 15 minutes ( Something to do with the programming of the new keys) plus shortened up my clutch engagement point. Great service. Went for a 165 mile run and loved it! First fill-up registered 35+ per gallon. The bike ran perfectly. As soon as I let the machine do its thing and stopped being so ham handed on the steering inputs, my turns became smooth and steady.

This is the first high performance twin bike that I have owned. (In more than 60 years of riding) There are a myriad of whines, moans and wierd sounds especially when I let it run down against compression. Also the engine does not begin to feel "sweet"until I am at about 3000 rpm. My previous bikes have been low rev, high torque units which would chug around town at 2000 rpm and be happy doing it. This one requires 3000 before it feels right. Welcome to the world of high performance equipment! I stopped looking at the tach and paid attention to what my rear end was telling me through the seat. Shift points and downshifts became much more smooth and the bike and I were both happier.

Great machine and one I will enjoy for years to come.

Jack H.

Spyder Garage

Great report Jack. I guess I'll have a few things to say next week after my 700 mile ride home.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

For Lamonster - Best of everything on your long trip home. As an old Navy man may I wish you the motorcycling version of "Fair winds and a following sea" Please le us know how it all went.

The only advice I can offer is to relax your grip on the bars to avoid cramping. Listen to the bike with your body and you and your Spyder will soon be singing from the same sheet of music. And what a beautiful song it is!

Jack H.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

ordered 2 in march number 1 and 2 silver.... still waiting , have now been told 2008...

Spyder Garage

Ordered mine June 9th. Dealer tells me I can have a yellow now or wait till March + for the Silver I ordered. Nothing wrong with the yellow, just that I want the silver. Oh well... I'll wait.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just ordered a silver one on December 27th....should be here in the spring. ;D