Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default SpyderJoe Here

Quote Originally Posted by SequiMike View Post
    I think people are talking about different ferries. I'll be catching the ferry in Port Townsend and getting off in Coupeville. From there I'll be going up Whidbey Island all the way to Anacortes. The rest of the gang is riding up the other side of Skagit Bay to La Conner, and then up to Anacortes. I won't be joining them until Anacortes. It would be nice to join them for breakfast, but I'll pass on that in favor of the pleasant ride up Whidbey Island.

From Silverdale you have several choices. You could catch either the Bainbridge or Kingston ferry, and then join up with the gang on the east side of Puget Sound. Or, you could cross over the Hood Canal bridge and shoot up to Port Townsend and join up with me (and possibly SpyderJoe when we get off the ferry), and ride up Whidbey Island. Looking at the fall sailing schedule, I think I'll try to make the 8:00am ferry.
    Hello SequiMike I have been checking in on here to try and figure out first of all how to use this forum stuff and second to try and follow what's going on. anyway I was confused myself on what ferries there all talking about but it sounds like you will be the one on the port townsand run over to coupville. so i will keep an eye on your post here to see if your schedule stays the same for the 08:00 ferry i think that puts you over here on whidbey about 08:30 I think let me know if i'm wrong i don't know the travel times from there. I hope some other riders join you on that side and ride over with you. hope to meet you for the ride.
    SpyderJoe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJoe View Post
    Hello SequiMike I have been checking in on here to try and figure out first of all how to use this forum stuff and second to try and follow what's going on. anyway I was confused myself on what ferries there all talking about but it sounds like you will be the one on the port townsand run over to coupville. so i will keep an eye on your post here to see if your schedule stays the same for the 08:00 ferry i think that puts you over here on whidbey about 08:30 I think let me know if i'm wrong i don't know the travel times from there. I hope some other riders join you on that side and ride over with you. hope to meet you for the ride.
    SpyderJoe
    Sounds good, Joe. My friend, Alan, may join us on his Goldwing, and I met another fellow here in Sequim who has an RT and is talking about making the trip too, although I'm not sure he will be taking the early ferry. Jack (the fellow with the green CanAm) talked about maybe coming up to Port Townsend too, but my guess is he'll take the Kingston ferry and meet up with the gang for breakfast.

PT ferry takes 35 minutes so, barring really bad weather, sickness, etc., I should be disembarking around 8:35. If anything comes up that I can't make it, I'll PM you a quick note.

2008 Spyder GS--> 2012 Harley Dyna

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default SpyderJoe Here

Sounds good, Joe. My friend, Alan, may join us on his Goldwing, and I met another fellow here in Sequim who has an RT and is talking about making the trip too, although I'm not sure he will be taking the early ferry. Jack (the fellow with the green CanAm) talked about maybe coming up to Port Townsend too, but my guess is he'll take the Kingston ferry and meet up with the gang for breakfast.

PT ferry takes 35 minutes so, barring really bad weather, sickness, etc., I should be disembarking around 8:35. If anything comes up that I can't make it, I'll PM you a quick note.
    Ok! Mike I will Keep Checking here for updates, and I will do the same if something comes up on our end also.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neez View Post
    Yup, I get a hankerin' for cinnamon rolls and oysters every year about this time. See you and the gang at La Conner, Joe.
    Meet you at the Alger tavern about 6:45?
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by truck 85 View Post
    Meet you at the Alger tavern about 6:45?
    Sounds like a plan, Rick. See you there.

Spyder Garage

Default Looking Great!

By my latest and totally non-scientific methods, we are looking at 18 (possibly 19), putting us right on the brink of making the goal.

Thanks to everyone for responding and joining in on this great ryde. We are less than 3 weeks away!

Joe

Where I've been on my Spyder...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default oyster run

Hey Joe,
    I'll be coming across on the PT ferry and will try to remember to let you know what ferry I'm taking. Have you found anyone else coming that way?

Enjoyed meeting you and seeing your bike at the road test the other day. Are you going to be hawking your "new and improved" brake pedal at the Oyster Run? Sure looked nice.
    My wife and I will be joining from Oak Harbor and I'll show everyone my new brake pedal. Jerry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default oyster run 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Tru-Blue View Post
    Got the final word last night and my wife has the time off so we are going to make our 1st Oyster Run. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Now time to figure out how far to travel on Saturday and where to stay?

Patrick
    Oak Harbor, Wa. is only 20 min. away and few nice place to stay. See if you can make reservation before they're gone.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default oyster run 2012

I think people are talking about different ferries. I'll be catching the ferry in Port Townsend and getting off in Coupeville. From there I'll be going up Whidbey Island all the way to Anacortes. The rest of the gang is riding up the other side of Skagit Bay to La Conner, and then up to Anacortes. I won't be joining them until Anacortes. It would be nice to join them for breakfast, but I'll pass on that in favor of the pleasant ride up Whidbey Island.

From Silverdale you have several choices. You could catch either the Bainbridge or Kingston ferry, and then join up with the gang on the east side of Puget Sound. Or, you could cross over the Hood Canal bridge and shoot up to Port Townsend and join up with me (and possibly SpyderJoe when we get off the ferry), and ride up Whidbey Island. Looking at the fall sailing schedule, I think I'll try to make the 8:00am ferry.

Mike, I will be nice to ride with you to La conner from Whidbey and be with others at 730 am and ride with the rest at 845 am according to Joe's schedule.
    Last edited by jerpinoy; 09-05-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: mispelled

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default oyster run 2012

Mike, I mean It will be nice to ride with you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jerpinoy View Post
    Mike, I will be nice to ride with you to La conner from Whidbey and be with others at 730 am and ride with the rest at 845 am according to Joe's schedule.
    I'd love to have another CanAm riding with me but it sounds like you'll be going in the other direction. This is the route I plan to take -
    http://goo.gl/maps/LnNJn

Spyder Garage

Anyone eles coming from north of burlington that wants to meet me and Neez at the Alger Tarven?
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Spyder Ryder since February 2012

I LOVE MY SPYDER!! I am asked all the time about my spyder. Got it at Lifestyles Honda of Mount Vernon! Awesome people.I will be attending the Oyster Run 2012 in Anacortes staying at a camp ground in Deception Pass State Park! Since I work on a time line in my day job, I perfer to get up and go without regard to a schedule. However, it may be possible to catch up with other Spyer Ryders along the way. I would so love to compare notes with other Spyder Ryders too. And... I do enjoy a cinnamon roll and coffee too.

Spyder Garage

The guys Life Styles (Juston and Mark rock) are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by calamaricat View Post
    I LOVE MY SPYDER!! I am asked all the time about my spyder. Got it at Lifestyles Honda of Mount Vernon! Awesome people.I will be attending the Oyster Run 2012 in Anacortes staying at a camp ground in Deception Pass State Park! Since I work on a time line in my day job, I perfer to get up and go without regard to a schedule. However, it may be possible to catch up with other Spyer Ryders along the way. I would so love to compare notes with other Spyder Ryders too. And... I do enjoy a cinnamon roll and coffee too.
    I should be crossing the Deception Pass Bridge around 9:15 that morning - feel free to join up if you see me go by.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Oyster Run 2012

See you at Smokey Point.

Spyder Garage

I should be able to catch up with you at the Calico Cupboard Inn before you leave for Anacortes. I have a friend that may also be joining us with his new RT as well, we will be riding in from the north.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by truck 85 View Post
    Anyone eles coming from north of burlington that wants to meet me and Neez at the Alger Tarven?
    I am coming from Bellingham and will wait till 6:30 at the starbucks on Sunset by I-5 before heading down so if any others join me there we can swing into Alger on the way South

[

Spyder Garage

Default Oyster Run 2012

Hey Joe, as promised, we will have atleast 8 Spyders and 12 members of the Spyder Ryder of America - Columbia River Chapter joining you Sunday. This includes our furthest member to the north of us, Spyderman051 (Steve) from Pacific, WA. So, what is the count you now have joining you? Our plan is to come up Saturday and stay in La Conner that night and meet everyone Sunday morning for the Oyster Run.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=spyderdan;514611]Hey Joe, as promised, we will have atleast 8 Spyders and 12 members of the Spyder Ryder of America - Columbia River Chapter joining you Sunday. This includes our furthest member to the north of us, Spyderman051 (Steve) from Pacific, WA. So, what is the count you now have joining you? Our plan is to come up Saturday and stay in La Conner that night and meet everyone Sunday morning for the Oyster Run.[/QUOTE

Dan

With your 8 we will be close to 30 Spyders!

NNNNNNGGGGGGEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

(That is me being stoked)

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=n7wol;514342]I am coming from Bellingham and will wait till 6:30 at the starbucks on Sunset by I-5 before heading down so if any others join me there we can swing into Alger on the way South[/QUOTE

We will be there cant waite to meet.

Spyder Garage

Default All Set For Breakfast

I called the Calico Cupboard in La Conner today to give them a heads up on the 30+ Spyder Owners that will be arriving Sunday morning around 7:30 AM. They are expecting us, as they know about the Oyster Run all too well.

All I can say is, we have come a long way since the 6 of us surrounded one table way back when...

Spyder Garage

I'd love to have another CanAm riding with me but it sounds like you'll be going in the other direction. This is the route I plan to take -
    http://goo.gl/maps/LnNJn

Mike I think I will join you. I have never been on Whidbey Island. I have the green can-am. You catching a 8am ferry from Port Townsend? I will meet you at the ferry terminal and catch the ferry over with you. Sound good?

Jack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jackgsd View Post
    Mike I think I will join you. I have never been on Whidbey Island. I have the green can-am. You catching a 8am ferry from Port Townsend? I will meet you at the ferry terminal and catch the ferry over with you. Sound good?

Jack
    Sounds good, Jack. Whidbey Island is a very pleasant ride, and we might pick up Joe, and perhaps another, on the other side. I made an on-line reservation for my bike (for the 8am sailing). You might consider that, although bikes "almost always" get on.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lety and Ricardo are going, we can't wait to see you guys again!

Looking forward to see you guys there, we will see you in Smokey point at 6:45am
    Ricardo Orozco
    riorve@gmail.com
    Silver Spyder RT