Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default OYSTER RUN 2012!!!

Since we are a little more than 1 month away, it is time to start planning for the biggest Spyder Ryde EVER for the 2012 OYSTER RUN on Sunday, September 23rd.

IMGP4735_SMALL.jpg

I'm laying down the gauntlet right now...If we can't get AT LEAST 20 Spyders for this group ryde, I'm not going back there ever again.

So the pressure's on to make this the biggest, best Spyder event yet for Washington State.

We will take the exact same route as last year, working our way FIRST to La Connor to the Calico Cupboard Old Town Cafe for GIANT CINNAMON ROLLS.

Then we'll ride as a large group to Anacortes so that we can all park together (hopefully) on the street.

HERE WE GO!!! ROUTE TO OYSTER RUN!!!

Please note that the times listed here ARE DEPARTURE TIMES, so be sure to be at your closest locale BEFORE that time.
    Yes, all times are AM on Sunday, September 23rd.

05:30
    - Depart from Starbucks - 13038 Interurban Avenue, Tukwila, WA
    ...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/7p52v

06:00 - Depart from Northgate Mall (in Front of Nordstrom's) - 401 NE Northgate Way, Seattle, WA
    ...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/hzhx9

06:45 - Depart from Smokey Point Rest Stop - Just North of Exit 206 (Shows up as "FREE COFFEE" on the map)
    ...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/qrjgd

07:30 - Arrive at Calico Cupboard Old Town Cafe - 720 1st Street, La Conner, WA
    ...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/whsf8

08:45-ish - Depart for Oyster Run, Anacortes, WA
    ...........LOCATION: http://g.co/maps/my2f3

We will take the most direct route to get to Anacortes A.S.A.P. Perhaps we can take the leisurely way home going south...And as always, let me know if you have any questions...

Please add your post to this thread if you plan on joining in...

Joe
    (Wukka)

Attached Images Attached Images

Where I've been on my Spyder...

Spyder Garage

John, last year there were two of us that came up from the Portland/Vancouver area. We'll be back with many more this year. Looking forward to it. We already have our reservations for Saturday night in La Conner. See you there!

Spyder Garage

I looking at going for the first time Will leave The Starbucks @ Sunset Center (ie Sunset-I-5 ) at 6:30 to meet in Laconner at 7:30

[

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdan View Post
    John, last year there were two of us that came up from the Portland/Vancouver area. We'll be back with many more this year. Looking forward to it. We already have or reservations for Saturday night in La Conner. See you there!
    Excellent! This should be a great ride for everyone...

Spyder Garage

I will be there

Spyder Garage

John, my wife and myself will be joining you this year and already have reservations in LaConner and we will be coming up with spyderdan
    larry
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    John, my wife and myself will be joining you this year and already have reservations in LaConner and we will be coming up with spyderdan
    larry

SAH-WEEEEEET! Already at 5 and it's only been a few days.
    This is how I am feeling!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup, I get a hankerin' for cinnamon rolls and oysters every year about this time. See you and the gang at La Conner, Joe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neez View Post
    Yup, I get a hankerin' for cinnamon rolls and oysters every year about this time. See you and the gang at La Conner, Joe.
    Thankfully, they are not served together!

Spyder Garage

Got the final word last night and my wife has the time off so we are going to make our 1st Oyster Run. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Now time to figure out how far to travel on Saturday and where to stay?

Patrick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tru-Blue View Post
    Got the final word last night and my wife has the time off so we are going to make our 1st Oyster Run. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Now time to figure out how far to travel on Saturday and where to stay?

Patrick
    You may do better, but 14 miles away from La Conner is

Days Inn Mt Vernon 2009 Riverside Drive, Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Double-Occupancy rooms for $68 a night. I imagine they will fill up as we get closer to September...

Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wukka View Post

SAH-WEEEEEET! Already at 5 and it's only been a few days.
    This is how I am feeling!
    So has anyone else noticed how Will Ferrell is banging that COWBELL in perfect unison to the dancing peppers?

Spyder Garage

Sweet, you know ill be there. I just rolled in today from doin the Testy Festy in Montana, then poped over to Sturgis for afew, then got to use the Spyder as taxi service for a wedding over in Colville. My bike has gotten a workout in the last month..it used to be silver, now its pretty much dirt / dust colored with a decent splattered bug texter thrown in.
    Cya there, Troy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    Sweet, you know ill be there. I just rolled in today from doin the Testy Festy in Montana, then poped over to Sturgis for afew, then got to use the Spyder as taxi service for a wedding over in Colville. My bike has gotten a workout in the last month..it used to be silver, now its pretty much dirt / dust colored with a decent splattered bug texter thrown in.
    Cya there, Troy

TESTY FESTY... BEEN THERE A TIME OR 3! I DO NOT KNOW WHY MY PHONE WILL ONLY WRITE IN CAPS! SO FRUSTRATING!

Spyder Garage

Default Oyster Run 2012

Hey Joe, I think you should make your quota of 20 Spyders this year! You might even set your sights highter than 20! We had 22 Spyders at our first annual Spyder Ryder of America-Columbia River Chapter BBQ yesterday in Portland, Oregon, with another 10 or so that couldn't make it or drove their cars. We'll see you there! Check out our pictures!

Spyder Garage

Hey Joe,

You can count me in.

Lil Rabbit

Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder RS-S owner....

New Rs-S rider this year. I would love to join. I am in Kitsap County so was trying to find others over here that were interested in going to Port Townsand then taking ferry over to Whidbey Island and up. If nobody wants to join me then I will trek over to Tuckwilla and ride with everyone else. This is my first ride of any kind

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Riders

Hello to all spider riders. my wife has an 09 spider roadster and i just picked up a 2012 spyder rts and we live on whidbey island so we are planning to get up to the oyster run this year ourselves. for us it's not that far to ride but we hope to see you all there. i know someone said they may be coming over from port townsand so maybe if they post what time they are coming over we could meet up with them at the ferry terminal.

Spyder Garage

Jackgsd and SpyderJoe,

First of all welcome, to the Spyder family. I normally ride up to La Conner to meet up with the other Spyder riders at the cafe there. Where we have breakfast or just coffee and meet and greet. So if you want Jack we can meet up at the Ferry in Kingston that morning and ride up to La Conner. Ok hope to hear from you soon and once again welcome to the Spyder Family........

Lil Rabbit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lil rabbit View Post
    Jackgsd and SpyderJoe,

First of all welcome, to the Spyder family. I normally ride up to La Conner to meet up with the other Spyder riders at the cafe there. Where we have breakfast or just coffee and meet and greet. So if you want Jack we can meet up at the Ferry in Kingston that morning and ride up to La Conner. Ok hope to hear from you soon and once again welcome to the Spyder Family........

Lil Rabbit

Yes that sounds good. Let me know what ferry you will be catching and I will meet you there and we can ride up together to meet the others.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default First year for Me as well

I 'll be meeting up with you Joe in tukwila from the Algona/Pacific area see you then this should be really fun

Spyder Garage

Default Coming from Port Townsend

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJoe View Post
    Hello to all spider riders. my wife has an 09 spider roadster and i just picked up a 2012 spyder rts and we live on whidbey island so we are planning to get up to the oyster run this year ourselves. for us it's not that far to ride but we hope to see you all there. i know someone said they may be coming over from port townsand so maybe if they post what time they are coming over we could meet up with them at the ferry terminal.
    Hey Joe,
    I'll be coming across on the PT ferry and will try to remember to let you know what ferry I'm taking. Have you found anyone else coming that way?

Enjoyed meeting you and seeing your bike at the road test the other day. Are you going to be hawking your "new and improved" brake pedal at the Oyster Run? Sure looked nice.

2008 Spyder GS--> 2012 Harley Dyna

Spyder Garage

WOW!!!

Thanks to everyone for your responses...Looks like we should EASILY make 20 Spyders for the ryde to the Oyster Run!

But let's not stop...keep spreading the word! As I always say - 'The more, the BETTER!'

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SequiMike View Post
    Hey Joe,
    I'll be coming across on the PT ferry and will try to remember to let you know what ferry I'm taking. Have you found anyone else coming that way?

Enjoyed meeting you and seeing your bike at the road test the other day. Are you going to be hawking your "new and improved" brake pedal at the Oyster Run? Sure looked nice.

Mike, I was on the green spyder at the test the other day in silverday. what time you think you will take the ferry? You going to try and meet up with the others in the restaurant? I would like to ride up with someone and join them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jackgsd View Post
    Mike, I was on the green spyder at the test the other day in silverday. what time you think you will take the ferry? You going to try and meet up with the others in the restaurant? I would like to ride up with someone and join them.
    I think people are talking about different ferries. I'll be catching the ferry in Port Townsend and getting off in Coupeville. From there I'll be going up Whidbey Island all the way to Anacortes. The rest of the gang is riding up the other side of Skagit Bay to La Conner, and then up to Anacortes. I won't be joining them until Anacortes. It would be nice to join them for breakfast, but I'll pass on that in favor of the pleasant ride up Whidbey Island.

From Silverdale you have several choices. You could catch either the Bainbridge or Kingston ferry, and then join up with the gang on the east side of Puget Sound. Or, you could cross over the Hood Canal bridge and shoot up to Port Townsend and join up with me (and possibly SpyderJoe when we get off the ferry), and ride up Whidbey Island. Looking at the fall sailing schedule, I think I'll try to make the 8:00am ferry.

2008 Spyder GS--> 2012 Harley Dyna