Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone Living Outside the Warranty?

My rig is back to the shop for supposed bad TB, which is what I thought was going bad 2 months ago when the tech said it was only the spark plugs. But reading about George and his BR1 and his ECU going bad, I am wondering if the bad pothole I hit coming back from the Redwoods that took out a fuse on the radio is going to be the next problem. I am starting to get concerned as the time ticks away on the warranty and BEST if these rigs are going to be at all affordable after the warranty runs out. I haven't been stranded yet, and enjoy the heck out of it, but in trying to recommend it to someone interested in getting one I find myself telling them it is finicky with a high maintenance cost of ownership like a porsche. Once the warranties run out I'm not sure I will be able to afford the $500-700 in repairs every 3000 miles. Anyone have theirs after the warranty runs out? Still replacing the same parts every few thousand miles?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruthvofmc View Post
    My rig is back to the shop for supposed bad TB, which is what I thought was going bad 2 months ago when the tech said it was only the spark plugs. But reading about George and his BR1 and his ECU going bad, I am wondering if the bad pothole I hit coming back from the Redwoods that took out a fuse on the radio is going to be the next problem. I am starting to get concerned as the time ticks away on the warranty and BEST if these rigs are going to be at all affordable after the warranty runs out. I haven't been stranded yet, and enjoy the heck out of it, but in trying to recommend it to someone interested in getting one I find myself telling them it is finicky with a high maintenance cost of ownership like a porsche. Once the warranties run out I'm not sure I will be able to afford the $500-700 in repairs every 3000 miles. Anyone have theirs after the warranty runs out? Still replacing the same parts every few thousand miles?
    Why not extend your BEST warranty and still be covered?
    Will help with any possible resale down the road too.
    Considering the RT's came out in 2010... you can have it under warranty until 2015 with the BEST... by which time you'll want a new bike anyway....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine wore out last month...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

The warranty on my 08GS ran out around a year or so,Then soon after the front sprocket and main shaft went the way of the ghost, 18 Hundred + dollars, And a lot of down time, On My dime. If you can extend the warranty and you don't have an option to get a different ride Extend the warranty.

Spyder Garage

My warranty is out on the 2010. Having 28,000 mile service done Monday. Got a couple issues, will see how things transpire.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I thought that you could only get three years on BEST? Plus the two BRP to equal five years.

Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

I got the extended after the ECM went up in the dash board a week before the factory warranty ran out. No way I was going the next three years alone. That module was $1,000, thank heavens the warranty covered it.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WARRANTY

I have heard some good things about the ZURICH co. warranty......maybe someone will chime in.....Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: Since I'm already beyond the two-year warranty, where should I start looking (if anyplace!) to obtain more protection?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Question: Since I'm already beyond the two-year warranty, where should I start looking (if anyplace!) to obtain more protection?
    If it's protection you need (especially in NY) you may want to talk to this guy:

don-corleone.jpg

Spyder Garage

Question RPM ONE

When I got my 2012 RT in April, I bought a 4 year extended warranty from the dealer,(the warranty is from RPM ONE) taking me out to six years. Anyone familiar with this one?
    Old - 2012 RTS

New - 2014 RT Limited. Spyderpops Bumpskid. Kott Grills, Bajaron Swaybar and Links, Polaris Shock Stiffeners, Custom Dynamics Brightsides Red and Yellow Fender Lights w/Turn Signal Module, Autozone Mirror LEDs, Custom Dynamics Rear Red Brightsides and HMT Brakelight with Strobe Module, Smoothspyder, Lidlox Handlebar Helmet Locks, Glo ryder 360's for Three Wheels, Pete's Graphic Kit, Mini Trailer USA Shadow.

And Growing!

Spyder Garage

Mine will be two years old next month. Can anyone recommend a dealer that sells best at a resonable cost?

Spyder Garage

Default A pleasure to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDon View Post
    Mine will be two years old next month. Can anyone recommend a dealer that sells best at a resonable cost?
    Just bought 3 years @ $750. She's quick, efficient and very polite.

Bryce Page
    Customer Relations Manager
    & Executive Assistant
    Berts Mega Mall
    626-430-9449 Direct
    626-831-6020 cell
    626-915-2607 fax
    Bryce.Page@bertsmegamall.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    If it's protection you need (especially in NY) you may want to talk to this guy:

don-corleone.jpg
    Thanks! I'll make him an offer that HE can't refuse!