Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BLUE TOOTH INTERCOM

I'm looking at the SENA SMH-10 BLUE TOOTH for our helmets. Any comments would be appreciated. How does it compare with the Scala System? Now that I have a co-pilot, she wants to talk to me instead of rapping on my helmet in Morse Code. Any help is appreciated.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I absolutely LOVE my Sena SMH-10. I bought a pair before a big road trip with my son. I have a little hearing loss and hate the turbulence of a windshield so I was really expecting them not to work well. The sound clarity and volume are outstanding. There were times when my son spoke too loudly into the intercom and I had to turn it down.

I stream music and podcasts from my smartphone to the Sena and answer calls (when safe to do so) with ease. They have been rained on with no issues. Have not ran them out of battery yet and my longest riding day was about 7 hours in the saddle.

Two thumbs up, highly recommended.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Monkey View Post
    I absolutely LOVE my Sena SMH-10. I bought a pair before a big road trip with my son. I have a little hearing loss and hate the turbulence of a windshield so I was really expecting them not to work well. The sound clarity and volume are outstanding. There were times when my son spoke too loudly into the intercom and I had to turn it down.

I stream music and podcasts from my smartphone to the Sena and answer calls (when safe to do so) with ease. They have been rained on with no issues. Have not ran them out of battery yet and my longest riding day was about 7 hours in the saddle.

Two thumbs up, highly recommended.
    David
    I tried the other brands..... Sena is far superior and more versatile....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

We have had excellent luck with our Sena units. Just added the SH10, which lets me hardwire the GPS and the iPod into it and then broadcasts them to both my wife and me. Love it.
    Dan

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

+ 1 for the Sena. Shop wisely, prices vary as much as Sypder dealers 1st service charges.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Can't beat Sena...very easy pairing, great volume & clarity, easy controls...updates are good.

Spyder Garage

+1
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Love, love, love our Sena Smh10 set. Can answer the phone and the other people can't tell I'm on my bike. Talking to my hubby is a breeze. We do get a bit of "wind" noise at 60 mph and over, but I can still hear him clearly. Our friend got the Sph10 headset to use with his half helmet and we can talk back and forth, and the conference talk works like a charm.

One to the best investments we made as far as my peace of mind riding by myself.

Leslie

Spyder Garage

I have the scala and wish I'd known about/gotten the sena.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Downloading the new update to my Sena SMH-10 now...supposedly gonna upgrade something that's already great....

Spyder Garage

Default Sena

I also love the Sena. The phone audio quality is excellent. Easy to pair with other friends. I think four is the limit though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    I'm looking at the SENA SMH-10 BLUE TOOTH for our helmets. Any comments would be appreciated. How does it compare with the Scala System? Now that I have a co-pilot, she wants to talk to me instead of rapping on my helmet in Morse Code. Any help is appreciated.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Well, you may be riding in comfort, but there goes your peace and serenity
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Scala is crap. NO WHERE near loud enough. The volume beeps are deafening at high levels, but the actual audio output is useless. I'm using a SharkTooth right now, and it works very well. Nice and loud too.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We love the Sena and they pair very easy to all my other devices!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Well, you may be riding in comfort, but there goes your peace and serenity
    As they say......."Ya give a little, ya get a lot" There's lots of levels of comfort I'm going to order th Sena tonight and continue to.........

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

How does this unit attach to the helmet. Will it attatch to the spot made for the chatterbox in an HJC helmet or is it mounted an alternate way? I am a new Ryder so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    Scala is crap. NO WHERE near loud enough. The volume beeps are deafening at high levels, but the actual audio output is useless. I'm using a SharkTooth right now, and it works very well. Nice and loud too.
    - AVOID the Scala G9's at all cost. Six buttons that you have to press in combinations, durations and sequences to get anything - then they still do whatever the they want. Try using the voice prompts and you will really see what mind of their own they have! If I was not financially committed I would drop them and change in a heartbeat. People seem to approve of the Sena
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

As they say......."Ya give a little, ya get a lot" There's lots of levels of comfort I'm going to order th Sena tonight and continue to.........

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards
    If your order the new 3.0 bluetooth version of the smh 10 you can intercom with up to 4 other sena smh 10s in addition to taking gps and phone, etc My scala shorted outon way to SITA and i got the SENA there. Love it and it was wonderful on 1500 mile ride home
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    We love the Sena and they pair very easy to all my other devices!

Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Side note for those who have Sena's....I think a person mentioned last week or so that there's a new update download on Sena's website...I just downloaded it and it seems substantial...Just a heads up if you haven't downloaded yet..

Spyder Garage

I have to wonder... Of all these people recommending Sena and Scala how many have tried the Uclear headsets?

I've had fantastic performance with mine and won't ever try another helmet comm that has a microphone boom in my face.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    I have to wonder... Of all these people recommending Sena and Scala how many have tried the Uclear headsets?

I've had fantastic performance with mine and won't ever try another helmet comm that has a microphone boom in my face.
    The Uclear gets good reviews on Webbikeworld.com http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...clear-hbc-100/ as does their new bluetooth adapter http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...300/review.htm
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    We have had excellent luck with our Sena units. Just added the SH10, which lets me hardwire the GPS and the iPod into it and then broadcasts them to both my wife and me. Love it.
    We use ours Spyder to Spyder....There have only been a few times they cut out on us, once we were separated in the mountains while traveling in a large group and another time also with a bigger group that we ended up separated by space and a semi. As soon as you get in range they connect again and you are back in business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards
    John,

I started out with the Scalas and ended up puchasing Senas soon after (couldn't hear). Went with Senas because they have the option for Ear buds. Works very well. Easy controls, easy setup and install.

Gary

Spyder Garage

Gary,

What version of the scala did you have? I had the Q2 for a couple years and then bought the G4 about 2 1/2 years ago. I just broke the B button on my G4 so now looking at either buying the G9 or the Sena. Any comments from anyone else on this also???

Thanks,

Shawn
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **