Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We have Scala..( the newest ones), and love them, but we did not try the others..

Registered Users Adirondack Mik's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The wife and I are new to bike to bike communication. In fact, we know nothing about it. Presently, (soon to change) I have a HD, wife has a Spyder RT. What equipment is required for bike to bike communication?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My hubby also rides a HD and I'm the spyder rider.

There are several nice communication systems out there. We have the Sena SMH10 set and love them. Easy to use, bluetooth to our phones and music. This set mounts to your helmet, charge it set up the bluetooth and you are ready to go.

Here is the link for the sena:

http://www.senabluetooth.com/

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have the Scala G4 ...LOVE it.

I used it with a fellow ryder from San Diego to Durango ..it worked flawlessly.
    My friend bought his from another friend that also had issues with button combo and volume. We reset all the settings.... Voice activation, Auto gain, spoken menus...etc ect..Worked like a champ..

I connected mine with my wife AND another ryde on the way to Spyders in the Redwoods and the three of us talked the whole way... It was great.

I did have an issue when I first installed it with low volume..but it was because I had the speakers in the wrong spot, they need to to be right against your ears...Imagine that!

Would love to get a G9 Powerset, since I LOVE the G4 Powerset.....
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Spyder Garage

Default Add me in

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    I'm looking at the SENA SMH-10 BLUE TOOTH for our helmets. Any comments would be appreciated. How does it compare with the Scala System? Now that I have a co-pilot, she wants to talk to me instead of rapping on my helmet in Morse Code. Any help is appreciated.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards
    It's gonna sound like a broken record but I love my Sena's too! Best value I could find & the volume level never lets me down.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Gary,

What version of the scala did you have? I had the Q2 for a couple years and then bought the G4 about 2 1/2 years ago. I just broke the B button on my G4 so now looking at either buying the G9 or the Sena. Any comments from anyone else on this also???

Thanks,

Shawn
    Shawn,
    We had the G2s. Bought them for around $200 but never could get them to pair up and I couldn't hear the radio. Ended up donating them to my sister in law. Maybe the newer versions are better but I'm happy with the Senas.

Gary

Spyder Garage

And the Senas are often updated with new features.
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sena now has a flat boom mic that's much better for full faced helmets and I found a terrific set of buds that won't keep falling out of your ears and have tremendous sound...best set of plugs I've found thus far..

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shu...FSdgMgod5jAAhw

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Gary,

What version of the scala did you have? I had the Q2 for a couple years and then bought the G4 about 2 1/2 years ago. I just broke the B button on my G4 so now looking at either buying the G9 or the Sena. Any comments from anyone else on this also???

Thanks,

Shawn
    I love my G4's with the earbud modification. I get the quietness of an earplug and low volume of GPS, radio, intercom and phone calls. If you broke your G4, see if you can get an extensive test with the Sena before making a choice.

Enjoy!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have G4's and am wondering what earbud mod. I would lie mto do this I like moine like they are but it would be nicer with ear buds instead of speakers.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondack Mik View Post
    The wife and I are new to bike to bike communication. In fact, we know nothing about it. Presently, (soon to change) I have a HD, wife has a Spyder RT. What equipment is required for bike to bike communication?
    I bought the dual pack of SMH10's from Amazon and it was all I needed for my trip with my son. It had all the necessary wires and such for a full face helmet. Pretty easy to set up, they came "paired" from the factory so it was literally install all the wires, charge them, turn them on, then press the big button on the side to talk. Worked very well.