Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 101 Diner sounds great to me 12ish

Meet you at the 101 Diner sounds like my kinda place around 12ish as I haven't figured out how long it will take me to get there from Shelton yet. I have driven that several times but always in my car and that was several years back..Then we can decide what to do from there..This is really flexible for me so anything will work and all friends are welcome spyder guys or not if it rolls come ahead.thanks guys. my cell number is 360-481-0446 should you need to contact me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman051 View Post
    Meet you at the 101 Diner sounds like my kinda place around 12ish as I haven't figured out how long it will take me to get there from Shelton yet. I have driven that several times but always in my car and that was several years back..Then we can decide what to do from there..This is really flexible for me so anything will work and all friends are welcome spyder guys or not if it rolls come ahead.thanks guys. my cell number is 360-481-0446 should you need to contact me.
    Sounds good. Take the 2nd Sequim exit (Sequim Ave), turn right and then make a left at the light. The 101 Diner is a few blocks down on the right. I'll look for you around noon, but if you're going to be really late, call my cell - 360-809-0322. I live just a couple of miles north of there, so I can buzz down pretty quickly.

How 'bout truck85, lilrabbit, and jackgsd - you fellows going to be able to make it? Anyone else? Weather is forecast to be good.

2008 Spyder GS--> 2012 Harley Dyna

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SequiMike View Post
    Sounds good. Take the 2nd Sequim exit (Sequim Ave), turn right and then make a left at the light. The 101 Diner is a few blocks down on the right. I'll look for you around noon, but if you're going to be really late, call my cell - 360-809-0322. I live just a couple of miles north of there, so I can buzz down pretty quickly.

How 'bout truck85, lilrabbit, and jackgsd - you fellows going to be able to make it? Anyone else? Weather is forecast to be good.
    Which day are you meeting then is it Sunday then and are going to go around the loop after that. I'm also interested just tring to figure Ferry schedules and length of ride other then just the loop

[

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by n7wol View Post
    Which day are you meeting then is it Sunday then and are going to go around the loop after that. I'm also interested just tring to figure Ferry schedules and length of ride other then just the loop
    Unless I have my wires crossed (has happened before.....), it looks like we will be meeting for lunch in Sequim on Saturday, and then will take off Sunday, going counter-clockwise around the Peninsula. Departure time on Sunday out of Sequim has yet to be determined, as we don't know who will be joining in and when.

SPYDERMAN051 - any thoughts on this?

Spyder Garage

Unless I have my wires crossed (has happened before.....), it looks like we will be meeting for lunch in Sequim on Saturday, and then will take off Sunday, going counter-clockwise around the Peninsula. Departure time on Sunday out of Sequim has yet to be determined, as we don't know who will be joining in and when.

I have hotel reservations made for the Sundowner Hotel ( Priceline had it for $50.00) and Bluestratos is going to be on the ryde with us as well. So 2 from Whatcom County

[

Spyder Garage

Default Arrival times

Quote Originally Posted by n7wol View Post
    I have hotel reservations made for the Sundowner Hotel ( Priceline had it for $50.00) and Bluestratos is going to be on the ryde with us as well. So 2 from Whatcom County
    That's great - the more, the merrier!! Depending on what time people get to Sequim, and what time we depart the area on Sunday, perhaps we can all do a little local riding in the meanwhile. This whole event is very informal, but if everyone would give me a rough idea of what time they think they will be pulling into Sequim, we'll see what we can put together as far as a little Sequim/Port Angeles cruising.

Spyder Garage

Lunch in Sequim sounds good. I'm not a fancy eater, so lunch at the 101 Diner works for me. If you prefer some place nicer, there's always Applebys and a few other places. Also, there are several motels in town, and most have vacancies this time of year. Just bear in mind that Sequim can be pretty dead this time of year, so be sure to bring a good book to read.

Whether you stay in Sequim or PA, we can join up again when you're ready to continue, or when lilrabbit shows up, and I'll probably ride as far as Forks before turning back to Sequim. Might even have an infiltrator friend (Goldwing) join us.

Mike
    This sounds like a plan! I will be coming over from Poulsbo. Let me know what time you wanna meet up for lunch in Sequim (101 Diner is good). Ill meet you there. If anyone else is coming from this area, let me know and we can ride out to Sequim together or meetup along the way and ride in together!

Now is the plan to stay the night in PA and then continue all the way around back through Olympia on Sunday? If so then do I need to make a hotel reservation for Sat night? Then Ill break off from the group back near Port Townsend and head back to Poulsbo on Sunday!

Looking forward to it. The weather should be nice!

Jack

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default lunch in sequim On sat 10-6-12

I'll be coming thru olympia and shelton up to sequim hoping to make it by noon on Sat.10-6-12. then hopefully leaving there on sunday around 8:30-9am to finish the loop back to Auburn. So we can either spend the nite in Sequim or pa Not made any reserves yet but will soon or just grab a place there when I arrive should be plenty.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jackgsd View Post
    This sounds like a plan! I will be coming over from Poulsbo. Let me know what time you wanna meet up for lunch in Sequim (101 Diner is good). Ill meet you there. If anyone else is coming from this area, let me know and we can ride out to Sequim together or meetup along the way and ride in together!

Now is the plan to stay the night in PA and then continue all the way around back through Olympia on Sunday? If so then do I need to make a hotel reservation for Sat night? Then Ill break off from the group back near Port Townsend and head back to Poulsbo on Sunday!

Looking forward to it. The weather should be nice!

Jack
    At the moment, it looks like we're shooting for "noon-ish" Saturday at the 101 Diner, with most spending the night at a Motel in Sequim or PA, and then counter-clockwise around the Peninsula on Sunday.

On the return, you won't be anywhere near Port Townsend. As I see it, in the vicinity of Shelton you will have two choices:
    1. Stay on highway 101 and then turn east on highway 104 and cross over the Hood Canal Bridge or,
    2. Take highway 3 out of Shelton and it will take you up the Kitsap Peninsula right to Silverdale.
    Actually, there might be choice #3, depending on which way folks are going home. That would be to continue to Olympia and then take I-5 north, getting off at Seattle and catching the Bremerton or Bainbridge ferry across the sound.

And to think, I almost failed high school geography!! But that was so long ago that I've forgotten everything I forgot......

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Thats the Plan

At the moment, it looks like we're shooting for "noon-ish" Saturday at the 101 Diner, with most spending the night at a Motel in Sequim or PA, and then counter-clockwise around the Peninsula on Sunday.

On the return, you won't be anywhere near Port Townsend. As I see it, in the vicinity of Shelton you will have two choices:
    1. Stay on highway 101 and then turn east on highway 104 and cross over the Hood Canal Bridge or,
    2. Take highway 3 out of Shelton and it will take you up the Kitsap Peninsula right to Silverdale.
    Actually, there might be choice #3, depending on which way folks are going home. That would be to continue to Olympia and then take I-5 north, getting off at Seattle and catching the Bremerton or Bainbridge ferry across the sound.

And to think, I almost failed high school geography!! But that was so long ago that I've forgotten everything I forgot......
    Looks like the sundowner might be our place to stay unless others have made reservations else where looks like the cheapest as well..this should be a great ride and the weather is still holding WHO wah...Just made my reservation at the sundowner as well off priceline for $45 for a queen for two but I am only one so have room to share
    Last edited by spyderman051; 10-03-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default PLAN

Ill plan on meeting everyone at Diner 101 in Sequim (I know where it is) around 11:30-12 on Saturday (10/6). I didn't make a hotel reservation because I was confused if we are staying the night in Sequim or what but I am sure I can do it on Saturday!

See you guys there. Txt or call me 619-889-5800 if anything changes!

Jack

Spyder Garage

Met with the gang at the 101 Diner went for a ride up toHurricane ridge. Good times.
    004.jpg
    034.jpg033.jpg026.jpg005.jpg

Absorb what is useful, use no limitation as limitation

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Olympic Peninsula Ride

I would like to thank all who participated in this weekends 2-day ride it was an excellent event and only made possible cause you all were there, enjoying the weather,sceanery and competative riding WHO ahhh..Thank you Heliplt for the pics and your joining in on as much as you could..I very much enjoyed meeting and getting to know more about each of you and we shall have many more such rides. Can't wait till we can run over everyone else on the road again till then happy and safe driving you all.

Spyder Garage

Default Great Ride

I, too, would like to express my thanks for a great weekend of riding! It was a real pleasure meeting all of you, and the two days of riding and visiting was one of the highlights of the summer for me. I hope we all have a chance to do it again one of these days. I have 2-3 hours of video from my Hero camera and will post a note here when I get it culled down to 15-20 minutes or less.

In other news, a shocking development on this end. Yesterday at the Lynnwood Harley dealership my CanAm morphed into this:
    IMG_0634s.jpg 2012 Dyna Super Glide Custom FXDC.
    I guess it's true - I'm just an old dog who can't learn a new trick. Hope you guys will still let me ride along!!

Spyder Garage

I want to add to what Mike and Steve said about this past weekend rides, had a great time and enjoyed meeting new and old friends in Sequim. Great ride to Hurricane Ridge and then 101 coast loop. Hope everyone made it home ok. I know that Jack had a problem with his DPS code in Bremerton, followed him to Silverdale and I believe he made it home with no problems. Anyway want to thank Mike for the tour of Sequim and the entertainment of his puppy. Hope to do this again soon. Yes Mike your always welcome to ride with us. Once a Spyder rider always welcome to join on any ride with us.

Bruce

Spyder Garage

I had a great time on the ride but then beautiful weather and scenery along with a great group of spyder riders has to be a winning combination! Looking forward to the next ride but till then thanks for getting us all together.

Regards,

Randy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman051 View Post
    I would like to organize a only Run around the Olympic Penisula hwy 101 loop some time in Sept any takers to do it with me?
    Myself and wife spend the summers on camano island and over the past several years we were looking for a group of spyders to join it does not look like this chapter is very active . If you want to be more active this coming summer please contact us. We are going to syderfest in 2013. We can be reached at gaffeyone@aol.com