Spyder Garage

Default Road a Spyder today.

Stopped by Fun Bike Center (San Diego) for some two-stroke oil and sure has heck, they had two Spyders sitting there. On our way over I mentioned to my wife wouldn't it be cool if they had one there to look at!

I couldn't believe my eyes, there they were. I took my time ogling over each bike, inspecting every inch. Honestly they both looked like they were road hard and put away wet which I'm sure they have been.

After the inspection I went inside and was met by a friendly sales guy. I said hey, can I ride one? Much to my delight he said sure, give me your license and I'll go get the keys. ;D

My wife wanted to give it a go to so I didn't really have a chance to put the hammer down but it was a very fun ride. Very different is an understatement. Hard to describe really. I guess it's like riding a quad that handels really well with a lot of power. My wife was less enthused however. Said it felt very unsettling sitting in the back. She had knee surgery a couple weeks ago so that probably didn't help either as she's still pretty sore.

I think she was expecting more of a motorcycle feel so when I cranked it into a turn and nothing leaned it kind of freaked her out. Felt like it was going to tip over she said. I assured her it wouldn't. It felt much more stable for me but I had a hold of the bars and wasn't sitting directly over the rear tire.

Interesting experience for sure and I'm glad we got to try one. I don't think I'd give up my V-Strom for one but it feels like it could be serious fun in the twisties (solo). For serious two up riding I see the passanger performing more like the monkey in side car racing. Course, that could be fun too!

Here's a few pics. Not good quality but the cell camera was the only thing on hand at the moment.

Darrel.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Road a Spyder today.

It was also alot of fun when my wife and I rode the demo's at mission motorsports in irvine california. Can't wait for them to call us, however since we relocated to the midwest, I'll be trailering our spyder back here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Road a Spyder today.

Sounds like you had a good time I have one on order and i didn't even get to ride one yet.
    I just took my road test and passed but when i ran up to my dealer to test ride they where gone
    shipped to NJ.So now i have to Waite for the 10th not long but time is standing still.