Spyder Garage

Default Just got back from Demo ride and got some delivery info.

My husband and I just got back from our Demo ride at our dealership where we had already put our deposits down. The ride was almost an hour long and we got to go out together. Our "guide" used his own motorcycle so that we could both ride a Spyder. We are buying from Nord Ride in Mt. Morris, MI (just north of Flint). We took a little skills test prior to the ride and we were shown all the details about the Spyder. This dealership most definitely wants to sell these Spyders. We went out on open roads and in traffic and varying speeds and road conditions. It was just great!! Last week when we went to a different dealership,(Burton, just south of Flint) they acted like it was an incovience to let us take them out or to show us anything. I knew more about the product than they did. Another customer was there and he asked all kinds of questions which the salesman could not answer. We only got to drive 5 minutes around the block and had to go one at a time with no rep or guide with us. So dealerships do vary tremendously even within the same area.

I asked at Nord Ride today when they are expecting their first shipment. (even though ours won't be here until March) He said in the next week or two with no exact date. He also told me something interesting. He said each dealership is only getting 3 Spyders in their first shipment and all the rest will be delivered in the Spring. Do the math, that makes sense. 166 dealerships x 3 = 498 Spyders. That leaves 102 Spyders out of the first 600 for company executives and VIP's and people like that. I hope that information doesn't upset too many people if it is correct. Happy riding everyone. Now I am even more excited for March to get here.
    Deb

P.S. Here is a camera phone photo of my husband and me getting ready for our demo ride. He is on the yellow and I am on the silver, that is how we ordered ours too.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Just got back from Demo ride and got some delivery info.

I hope your dealer was wrong because my dealer is saying they will be getting all of their allotment in the next two weeks. :

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster
    I hope your dealer was wrong because my dealer is saying they will be getting all of their allotment in the next two weeks. :
    I was told the same thing. I'm thinking of stopping there this weekend and asking again with the details above.

Spyder Garage

i hope they are wrong too...my dealer called monday and said they got two trucks in with 4 big boxes and they could be their spyders. it was pouring down rain so they couldn't unload them or check in the inventory. they called me back the next day and said it was not the spyders :edit: they are still hoping for next week and said hopefully no later than the third week....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Our dealership was always told from day 1 that we would receive 4 Spyders in October. One we have to keep as a demo for 90 days (cause demo rides in December, in Rochester are sooooo much fun! :bigthumbsup and the other 3 we've sold. The rest of our allotment will be delivered in March.

I believe all dealerships were given the same information, but I could be wrong. We'll soon see huh? ;D I really hope you guys all get them for Daytona, that will be a cool site for sure!

TBB

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TBB
    Our dealership was always told from day 1 that we would receive 4 Spyders in October. One we have to keep as a demo for 90 days (cause demo rides in December, in Rochester are sooooo much fun! :bigthumbsup and the other 3 we've sold. The rest of our allotment will be delivered in March.

I believe all dealerships were given the same information, but I could be wrong. We'll soon see huh? ;D I really hope you guys all get them for Daytona, that will be a cool site for sure!

TBB
    If that's the case then they should have told us the same thing when we put our $1000 down. They led me to believe that I was getting one of the first ones because I got in on the first production run. If the rest are going to show up in March that sounds like a second production run to me. :edit: