Spyder Garage

Cool Spyder Dealerships - Houston Area

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good dealership for service in the Houston area?
    Thanks in advance.
    The Bakerman

Spyder Garage

I just got my RT from Team Mancuso Powersports North last weekend.
    I like the vibe I got from all the guys there and we'll see how the 600 mile check up goes, which will probably be sometime next week. So I can update afterwards as to the service experience.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by revjvegas View Post
    I just got my RT from Team Mancuso Powersports North last weekend.
    I like the vibe I got from all the guys there and we'll see how the 600 mile check up goes, which will probably be sometime next week. So I can update afterwards as to the service experience.
    Thanks, look forward to it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The Bakerman View Post
    Thanks, look forward to it.
    Bakerman,
    The selections are slim in this area. Wild West Honda in Katy is the one that I use. Mancuso on Southwest Freeway and Bellaire have certified Tech. Then there is always Cowtown in Cuba, Mo. Went there and had some work done, the best at what they do. But a long ryde.
    PM me and I can help somemore in this area.

Rick"fmftxs" Glugla
    Last edited by FmfTxs; 08-10-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    Rick " fmftxs" Glugla

Spyder Garage

Bakerman, I am in Rosharon and like the dealership in LaMarque. Is also where I purchased my RS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    Bakerman, I am in Rosharon and like the dealership in LaMarque. Is also where I purchased my RS.
    I bought mine there too, but the only service I've done there is the 600 mile service. Nothing that involved any problems. How do they feel about non BRP mods.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FmfTxs View Post
    Bakerman,
    The selections are slim in this area. Honda of Houston in Katy is the one that I use. Mancuso on Southwest Freeway and Bellaire have certified Tech. Tahn there is always Cowtown in Cuba, Mo. Went there and had some work done, the best at what they do. But a long ryde.
    PM me and I can help somemore in this area.

Rick"fmftxs" Glugla
    I'm leaving on vacation Saturday, so I'l be busy tomorrow, but I will try and PM you when I can. Thanks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Don't open a can of worms!

Depending on the mods you have or want, you may want/need to put it back stock prior to service. Reason being they will note what they see for future observations. Your best bet is to not indulge to any Dealer what mods you have done. BRP is very strict on non-sanctioned aftermarket parts. If they can, they will try and say your mod is the cause of the issue when it arrises. And your dealers are more than happy to install/charge for the mods and also more than happy to let BRP know you have that mod..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

In my limited experience, I have been happy with Wild West Honda in Katy and have heard many horror stories about Mancuso Southwest. Wherever you go, be sure to check the oil level immediately after you pick it up. A common mistake of a stupid or lazy tech is to overfill. If it is overfilled, it can be an expensive bill to fix it.

Spyder Garage

Wild West Honda in Katy on I-10 always does a good job. Been dealing with them for a couple of years.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The Bakerman View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a good dealership for service in the Houston area?
    Thanks in advance.
    The Bakerman
    I bought my spyder @ Mancuso Power Sports off of 59. Repetitive visits trying to fix the same oil leak 2 or 3 front sprockets (I honestly lost count) I finally got so frustrated I switched to Wild West Honda. They got my bike up and keep it running. Couldn't be happier

Spyder Garage

Ok, so I had the 600 mile checkup/oil change done at Team Mancuso North.

On a grade scale, I'd give them a B+

The one thing I caught that put me off just a tad was I found the LH side lower panel was not installed properly; the tabs were on the outside. I also found that one of the two short screws were not placed in their correct location; the one that holds the side panel toward the rear under the seat. I have a thing for details and when I see little things like that missed, it begs the question what else was overlooked.

So needless to say, I'll be doing the work on this bike just as I do all the work on my BMW. That's not to say I wouldn't take it back to them to get some work done if I was in a pinch though. The guys there I've had dealings with have all been top notch thus far and I feel their mechanics are capable, but I know I feel better doing the work myself plus I kind of enjoy turning a wrench anyway.

Spyder Garage

Cool

I talked to Dan at Wild West today and I have to say I was impressed just talking to him about some work I'm thinking of having done. He seemed very knowledgeable about what I wanted and he gave me a flat price and said that it would not change no matter how long the work ends up taking because of any unforseen issues. He made me feel that he really wanted my business. This is the kind of attitude that all the BRP dealers should have whether they are called independent agents or not. I will have to drive for an hour and a half to get there, but being comfortable with who I'm dealing with is well worth it. Thanks to everyone for your input. This site rocks.