Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Just Wave! Most will return it! Those who dont usually are focused on driving. That is usually when I dont return a wave. Safety first! Much less waving in tight traffic than on open roads.
    2015 SE6 RT-S
    Black/Red Special Edition.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post
    Good to see someone from sunny Sequim! (pronounced SQWIM,NOT SEE-QWIM for those uninformed about weird WA pronunciation ethics) We almost moved there..instead headed from Mount Vernon, to Oakland,OR last May. We heard all aboot your lack of moisture over there and looked at moving there very closely.

As far as waving, I don't. Just a small nod, if I m not too grumpy. Shake my head if I am.
    Yes, if you can properly pronounce Sequim and Puyallup, then you're a true Western Washingtonian.

Moisture here is way less than Seattle. They get around 44 inches a year, while we're lucky to get 16. The numbers are a little misleading, though. When I lived in Hawaii, we could get an inch of rain during the night, and then it would be bright and sunny during the day. Here an inch of rain could mean 3 days of mist and drizzle. But when the skies are clear, and the roads are dry, this is a great place to go riding. Too bad you didn't elect to move here - then there would be TWO Can-Am's here in Sequim.
    Last edited by SequiMike; 09-04-2012 at 11:16 PM.

2008 Spyder GS--> 2012 Harley Dyna

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SequiMike View Post
    Yes, if you can properly pronounce Sequim and Puyallup, then you're a true Western Washingtonian.
    is that pee-al (like the name)-up?
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    is that pee-al (like the name)-up?

Puyallup: pyoo-AL-up

I had to look that one up. I only lived in WA for 5 years, before that t'was in the Upper Peninsula of MI my whole life. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yooper

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I drag Raced rentals at Puyallup back in 65.
    One of the few dry spots near Lewis,.

Spyder Garage

Default NEWBIE WAVE

When I mustered up the courage to get on a 45mph street, both hands had white knuckles. I acknowleged waves by nodding. I do the low 5 now, graduating from a hand barely off the handlebar wave. It irritates me when I see a while driving my truck, b/c I missed an opportunity to wave. Side by side at a light, them 2 wheels and me 4, I give them a thumbs up, a smile, and a nod. It makes them smile back, usually.

Spyder Garage

I had to run an errand at lunchtime and passed another RT (shocker! I rarely see any spyders in town) and I wanted to give a big spastic wave, but I was able to maintain and we just gave each other a low key level open hand wave.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Is there a special wave for Can-Am riders??

Who can possibly not admire the low two finger " drag wave". Loud exhaust helps.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    I drag Raced rentals at Puyallup back in 65.
    One of the few dry spots near Lewis,.
    Back in 1968 and '69 I used to sneak into Puyallup Dragway with my friends. There was a large field next to the strip and it was relatively easy to sneak in.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

I've noticed that the longer I've been ryding in the area, the more people return my wave, or wave first. I get almost as many now as I did when I rode various and sundry two-wheelers over the years. I like that...I think more are accepting the Spyder as a "bike." As they say, it doesn't matter WHAT you ride, it's THAT you ride. That's what keeps me going...

Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SequiMike View Post
    When I rode my Goldwing life was simple - almost all bikes I passed in the opposite direction would wave and I would wave back. The Newbies usually had a high wave - something like you might give your grandparents after a weekend visit at their house. The more experienced riders would give you the low wave; one that acknowledged your presence on a motorcycle, but didn't get too excited about it. Occasionally it was just a subtle nod of the helmet, but it did at least reinforce the common bond between us.

Now that I'm riding a Cam-Am, everything is confused. Other bikers stare as I go by, unsure if I merit a wave or not. When I meet up with another rare Can-Am rider, it's high waves from both of us (see Newbie wave above), but others just don't know what to do. My question is - Is there a Universal Can-Am Wave (UCW) that I should be aware of? Perhaps holding up three fingers, to signify three wheels?? I did notice a couple of Harley guys giving me a one finger wave, but that confused me even more as they are not riding unicycles. Regardless, in an effort to form camaraderie I gave them the one finger Harley wave right back. It must have worked, as I could see them turning around in my mirror, but I was late for an appointment and didn't have time to stop and chat with them. Next time.
    If nothing else, this forum (and this post) confirms to me that I'm in the right place....don't own a yet but I know it's only a matter of time... same as most here, I've ridden just about everything on 2 wheels...went through the phases based on what I could afford (just to be riding), what I was looking for (usually referred to as my "stupid" years) riding around far too fast for the roads and with little to no care for myself or anyone around me...often referred as the crotch rocket phase...each phase brought in a different type of wave although I learned early that waving to anyone in the saddle is the way to go....even in my HD days, most of my riding buddies wouldn't wave at anyone but Harley riders...I always did and still do...including the Harley riders - I've been riding a custom built since 2001 - as for the wave (there are very few custom built bikes on the road - most who own them are fair weather riders who prefer to trailer them to shows and maybe pull out the creased jacket and chaps....I wave at everyone -specially the scooters - they deserve it! As for the only I've seen in my travels while in the saddle - I gave her a hugs yes, two handed thumbs up...my custom bike can go a long way without needing me....as for the single finger gesture...it's sign language for "I love your , it's number ONE!"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    I had to run an errand at lunchtime and passed another RT (shocker! I rarely see any spyders in town) and I wanted to give a big spastic wave, but I was able to maintain and we just gave each other a low key level open hand wave.
    That's hilarious - subtle yet acknowledgement!

Spyder Garage

Default Spyders Get three Fingers

I, too, wave at all bikes and emergency responders. For Spyders, they get a high, three fingers. I concur that when out riding alone on the Spyder, you don't get as many waves as on two wheels. For those that don't wave with, their nose up in the air, that's their problem. I feel that if you are out on the road, with a helmet on ( won't get into my thoughts about those who don't wear them) and legally going without a seatbelt, then you are my kind of person and I am going to wave at you. (well, maybe not to the DUI scooters).

Spyder Garage

Default THE WAVE ?

I USUALLY GIVE THE LOW WAVE....NOT SURE IF I DO THE 2 FINGER OR HOLE HAND. WHEN I

SEE A SYPDER I GIVE IT A BIG THUMBS UP.THE ONES I ENJOY THE MOST IS THE THUMBS UP

FROM THE VEHICLES (CARS) WITH SUCH BIG SMILES

LOVE MY SPYDER
    Carol

Spyder Garage

I am now able to lift my hand off the handlebar to wave and expect to graduate to a sophisticated, much cooler low wave any day now. I do wave to everyone though, and find most wave back.
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I may offer a suggestion... Don't try this one! johnspringercollectioncorbis_3stooges4601.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have 2 different waves.

#1.. on the Harley, I give the 3 finger out. just below the handgrip. Ain't givin out the Arangatang arm to no-one
    #2.. on the Spyder, I give the Pistol finger..Gotcha!!

OBTW, if my hands are tied up manipulating operations, They get the always acceptable head knodd. I even give a wink, but behind them goggles, It ain't seen.

Spyder Garage

Default wave

Quote Originally Posted by dschnepp View Post
    I tend to do the 3 finger. I did have a group of hogs follow me the other night. When I was at my stop they pulled in right behind me. They were a good bunch of riders that just wanted a really good look. They about jumped out of their skin when they opened the frunk and put eyes on my back up 9mm.
    Had the same thing happen to me the other day, 40 cal Glock, Velcro in Frunk, 380 in with sunglasses, in this case they were MC HD riders ii was hot so I put away my vest, and they could see my full size Glock 40 on my side...just one of those days.
    As to the waving I wave both hands, one with a coffee cup. at traffic lights its loud, blues or 50-60 music and me bouncing like a nut, when the light turns green they are not ready to go..LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If I may offer a suggestion... Don't try this one! johnspringercollectioncorbis_3stooges4601.jpg

Bob
    That is called the two finger Pinky wave.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Reno, NV Can Am Spyder Riders

Are there any Can Am Spyder groups/clubs in Reno, NV?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    S.O.P., At least when i rode in groups', Way back in the last century [70's I don't ride in groups anymore.]
    Only the point and the tail gunner Waved,
    You really don't want a bunch of riders in formation flailing their arms .
    Cause he's the only guy that nobody sees waving.

I just use the same wave as I always do on my Harley. Left hand low peace sign...

Registered Users sypderrobinson134's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I throw out 3 fingers in a unique wave because I hope it catches on as a universal wave lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

To answer the ? To the best of my ability

Just nod

Wave

Do the aloha wave (thumb & finger down)

Lift couple fingers off handle bar (if u are busy)

Etc

At the Leesburg bike fest I had 90% wave backs from Hogs Victories Hondas etc

VERY FEW JERKS

but they can tell if u are a wus
    & wi not wave

Who gives a &#$% if they do not wave back

Get a life [emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Alajeu Screw the wave? Got your riding time beat since I been riding since 1945. To me the wave is an important way to say to another rider"hello brother rider" Just a way to say welcome to our world. But if you are that sour grapes hope you ride alone always so you will be happy. Like they say IMO!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieMarie View Post
    Are there any Can Am Spyder groups/clubs in Reno, NV?
    I looked in the advanced search and there is a Facebook page set up for Spyder Lovers of Northern Nevada. There is a group Spyder Ryder of Northern Nevada but it was set up in 2013 and I don't see many events posted for it. Try posting a new thread in the Nevada section of this forum.