Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well I've got to agree that we've knit ourselves a real hornet's nest out of what was just a pile of wet hair with this one...
    Sparks solved the whole issue a while back: keep your receipts and be prepared to show that you did the oil changes according to their schedule...
    Which should be 4600 miles now... i think!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Unless you live in California.......

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

...or use the old style filters.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now my head hurts...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

If it was me, I would have waited a day or two then called the company again to talk to a different rep. If that didn't work, I'd go through the dealer (who the OP said was doing a good job) to get the problem taken care of. I wouldn't go off on the entire company due to one person.

OTOH, I don't think most here were bashing the OP, either.

So...
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Default WOW

I also posted a bad responce about BRP and several people jumped on me like a june bug on But don't let those few turn away from here there are alot more good people than bad.I know from experance.......... been there done that PETE
    my wife and I on our 2011 spyder-rt-L'IL Red

Spyder Garage

Default Update from Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Who here knows first hand what qualifications these BRP phone answering reps have. Are they clerks?

Based on the one and ONLY call I have made. The young lady that took my call didn't know s... from shinola. She was basically following a decision tree provided her by someone with Spyder knowledge. Because she certainly had little.....if any, first hand knowledge.

In fact......and this is the gospel. She referred me here for answers and even suggested I contact Lamont. Now that's a fact.
    Hello All! First let me introduce myself, which I failed to do prior to my first post. My name is Pete and I am from Monmouth County NJ and I recently purchased 2 2012 RT limited spyders, one for my wife and one for me. I have owned numerous Goldwings and Harleys.

Because we are at the 600 mile service point, I called the dealer to schedule. They can not take me for 2 weeks. I decided to call BRP (1-888-864-2002) and was specifically told that "I can do my own oil change" as long as i keep all receipts with dates. I asked again and told him I had heard otherwise and he said no. I can have the service done at any dealer, or I can do it myself as long I save all receipts.

Best to all and thanks for the great info this board has.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

cant believe this thread is still going......

onoes.jpg

edit - and this forum apparently does not like animated .gif files....
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindawg1962 View Post
    cant believe this thread is still going....
    I kinda stopped reading this one as well. The first time I tried to change the oil myself I could not get the plug nut loose. I called the dealer I got the oil and filters from and the tech said to bring it down and he will do it for me at the usual price. I rode it down with half the tupperware off (the tech said it was fine to do because he does it all the time when recovering wrecked Spyders) Long story short. I sat there and watched him do the oil change and he told me the things to watch out for when I go to change the oil next time.

The point of my story? That was back when you bought the oil and filters and o-rings as seperate things. Now they have a nice little cardboard box Maintenance kit that I walk in and buy, put in the frunk and take home to do it myself. If they supply the kit it cannot void the warranty. I change my own oil and track the miles on the B trip meter.

Sorry if someone already pointed the Maintenance kit thing out but I was lazy and didn't read all the new posts.

CAC

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Warranty work

Quote Originally Posted by tim hilton View Post
    I have also talked to Alex and he is not the main man as he says you have to keep your cool with them and let your dealer talk for you it took my dealer 3.5 hours to fix my problem but yes Alex should not have a phone and he can't help you my problem was breaks and the dealer I bought my Spyder from sold water craft didn't have a clue how to fix eanything on it and I went to a nother daler (RPM Cycles Albemarle NC.) best in my book service fixed my bike while shop teck talked on the phone fixing the other dealers mess now I am happy happy happy BRP will fix it Alex should not have a job if he treats everybody like that I will never forget him
    After reading all the threads here on this oil change, I only have one thing to say. My father always said the more you stir S--- the worst it stinks

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arris View Post
    After reading all the threads here on this oil change, I only have one thing to say. My father always said the more you stir S--- the worst it stinks
    One of the reasons this Thread keeps going on Is because Some want to Bragg about how cheap they got their oil changed, And then some want to complain how expensive it was to get their oil changed.
    So the posts tend to seesaw back and forth.