Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default aftermarket stereo

I had a chance to test drive a spyder a few months ago, and it was a blast. It has a really quick learning curve--within twenty minutes I was riding it as hard, if not harder than my Harley. I was a bit concerned with the riding position, but it seems like they have lowered the brake, and now offer a riser to help those of us who are a bit taller. I was dissapointed that they didn't include a stereo--does anyone know if the spyder is equiped for an aftermarket stereo system? Is there room for speakers? If not, any suggestions for music while riding the spyder?

Also, for those interested, geico is offering good rates for insuring the spyder.

I haven't put down the deposit yet, but I'm getting close . . .

Spyder Garage

Default Re: aftermarket stereo

I ride with music all the time and I use a earbud and plug it into my XM radio or my MP3 player that's built into my GPS. The sound is so much better than speakers and even if I where a shorty helmet I can still hear fine.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks--I had a feeling xm would be the best way to go. I'm glad to hear you get decent sound as I've never ridden with xm/mp3 and an earbud. The thought of riding the spyder with some good music is pretty appealing. Is it pretty easy to set up the xm?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Does anyone know if we will need to order the 12v accessory to run the xm system Lamonster mentioned? Gotta have music with this ride!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'll be figuring out how to add a car kit for my Sirius radio. Gotta have Howard...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gosurf
    Does anyone know if we will need to order the 12v accessory to run the xm system Lamonster mentioned? Gotta have music with this ride!
    I would think you could get everything you need from your local auto parts store. It's pretty easy to setup and I can help you by phone if you need help.