Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default What are the best floorboard and cruising pegs?

I see several options for floorboard and pegs. Which are the best for comfort and stability?
    Thanks,
    Ride Master
    P.S. Does anyone in Southern California have floor boards installed on their RT I can try out?
    Last edited by Ride Master; 08-03-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Update info

Spyder Garage

I just installed the Seal a few days ago and it's fabulous.You can place your feet in lots of positions including stretching them straight out which eliminates getting highway pegs.
    seal is a sponsor here and John is really helpful.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ISCI

ISCI floorboards get the nod from me. A lower foot position and slight forward tilt allowed me to achieve the comfort I was looking for.

There are a few options out there and it all comes down to what works for you from both a desired comfort goal and esthetics.

I would strongly recommend that you try and locate local RT riders who have the various floorboards and highway pegs installed on their rigs. My purchase decision was achieved only after trying out the various boards available while attending Spyderfest a few years back. ISCI boards definitely worked the best for me. I have scuff guard covers on my RT and use them sparingly only because the floorboards allow me to move my feet around during long rides.

Once again, if possible, try before you buy and you can't go wrong.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    ISCI floorboards get the nod from me. A lower foot position and slight forward tilt allowed me to achieve the comfort I was looking for.

There are a few options out there and it all comes down to what works for you from both a desired comfort goal and esthetics.

I would strongly recommend that you try and locate local RT riders who have the various floorboards and highway pegs installed on their rigs. My purchase decision was achieved only after trying out the various boards available while attending Spyderfest a few years back. ISCI boards definitely worked the best for me. I have scuff guard covers on my RT and use them sparingly only because the floorboards allow me to move my feet around during long rides.

Once again, if possible, try before you buy and you can't go wrong.
    I put the "Seal" floorboards on my 2012 RTS. Very pleased. Don't see how it could get much better.

Spyder Garage

I'm a vertika floorboard man myself, comfortable in all foot positions. The drawback is their pricey, but your Spyder will stand out.
    Me & My Babycakes

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Vertika

Quote Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
    I'm a vertika floorboard man myself, comfortable in all foot positions. The drawback is their pricey, but your Spyder will stand out.

I looked at these online today. Really cool. How long have you had them? Is there any downside?

Spyder Garage

The seal's give you a lot of places to rest your feet because of the size. They add to the looks of the bike, and are easy to install. I have them on both my RT's. One has the deluxe and the other the pups.

There are others out there that look pretty snazzy also--but do not give you the ability to "move around" as much. Price is relative as long as you get what you are happy with.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

heres these
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Spyders in the Redwoods is coming up. You should attend - someone there will have any farkle you're looking for.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What's the best??? That's a lot like asking who's Wife is prettier...
    But I do like my ISCIs!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

The Vertika's are by far, the best looking, most expensive, and toughest to install. ISCI's look great, and are a little less difficult to install. Seal's look OK, offer as much flexibility as the Vertika's, and are a snap to put on. Oh, btw, they cost about 20% of the V's…. Just my $0.02
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member