Spyder Garage

Default PCV auto tune / HMF / Thank you spyderlovers

Hello all!

Just wanted to thank all those who gave me help with my recent install of the PCV with auto tune and my HMF exhaust.

The notes you guys gave and pictures were an incredible help and cleared many questions.

The instal went pretty smooth I took everything apart and had the bung welded for the new 02 sensor. After hooking it all up putting the new KN filter in I backed it out to start it up. She started up and a few seconds later... "check engine" ahhh crap.
    Well, I spent a few minutes on the phone with a PCV rep and quickley found my powersource running to the auto tune was not strong enough.
    The autotune actually warms up the 02 sensor and requires a constant fairly strong source I had run mine to the tailight as suggested in the instructions but ended up using advice given on these forums and used a spare fuse and capped into that power wire out of the back of my fuse box. After I got a constant power source and red light on the auto tune all was well.

I have been riding the smack out of the bike and she is smooth and better than ever.... the sound is great from the HMF and throttle response is much quicker. I used to have two pretty bad surge points in my power band when the bike was stock... nothing i really complained about but I did notice , now they are gone.

just wanted to thank everyone and share my install experience so maybe the next guy will have a clean one with all the help on these forums! in other words sharing my mistakes so the next guy dosent have to!

Thank you all again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderraven View Post
    Hello all!

Just wanted to thank all those who gave me help with my recent install of the PCV with auto tune and my HMF exhaust.

The notes you guys gave and pictures were an incredible help and cleared many questions.

The instal went pretty smooth I took everything apart and had the bung welded for the new 02 sensor. After hooking it all up putting the new KN filter in I backed it out to start it up. She started up and a few seconds later... "check engine" ahhh crap.
    Well, I spent a few minutes on the phone with a PCV rep and quickley found my powersource running to the auto tune was not strong enough.
    The autotune actually warms up the 02 sensor and requires a constant fairly strong source I had run mine to the tailight as suggested in the instructions but ended up using advice given on these forums and used a spare fuse and capped into that power wire out of the back of my fuse box. After I got a constant power source and red light on the auto tune all was well.

I have been riding the smack out of the bike and she is smooth and better than ever.... the sound is great from the HMF and throttle response is much quicker. I used to have two pretty bad surge points in my power band when the bike was stock... nothing i really complained about but I did notice , now they are gone.

just wanted to thank everyone and share my install experience so maybe the next guy will have a clean one with all the help on these forums! in other words sharing my mistakes so the next guy dosent have to!

Thank you all again!

Glad it all worked out!

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"