Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Demo ride coupon

So, I got a $500 off accessories coupon for doing a test drive before I bought my bike. The coupon says "With this certificate you are entitled to $500 of Can-Am riding gear & accessories when you purchase a new and unused Can-Am Roadster." When I purchased the bike the dealer I was at had no riding gear and minimal accessories so I didn't use my coupon. I found another dealer later which had a lot of riding gear and started to use my coupon there... spent $350, still have/had a credit of $150 to be used prior to August 31. Well, just tried to use my credit and was told the $500 coupon was only good AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE of my bike. The dealership's BRP rep covered my spendings already, but my remaining $150 is void. I sure wish someone had been more clear on the coupon about the timing. I read "when you purchase" as IF you purchase.... Bummin

Spyder Garage

I had the same coupon, at the time of purchase I loaded my spyder up, CB, hitch, blue tooth cable, intercom set etc. Just applied the coupon to the purchase, some of the stuff had to be ordered but no big deal has my spyder was still in the create. I know this does not help you but they have been really tight with the coupons. You have to be at the demo and you could not get one for a friend etc.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

I have not heard of to many places that will allow you to "split" your coupon and use part one time and then the rest of it another. Usually, its pretty easy to blow $500 at one time on accessories, so I believe they are right this time. Sorry that it did not work out for you.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

After reading this called BRP to find out why I did nor receive my $500 in may when I purchased my Spyder, I was told the paper work the dealer submited shows I applied for it and I need to contact dealer. Funny thing about a month ago I found out about the $500 on this sight and called dealer and was told that is BRP's deal and I need to get it from them. So at this point no $500 and dealer and BRP are telling me to talk to the other any sugestions on what to try next.

Spyder Garage

The interaction between customer, dealer, and BRP still needs to be improved. It is very frustrating when each party (dealer & BRP) sometimes try to play tag, in shoving the problem off on the other party. Meanwhile, the customer is the one who suffers the most.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QTSPYDER View Post
    After reading this called BRP to find out why I did nor receive my $500 in may when I purchased my Spyder, I was told the paper work the dealer submited shows I applied for it and I need to contact dealer. Funny thing about a month ago I found out about the $500 on this sight and called dealer and was told that is BRP's deal and I need to get it from them. So at this point no $500 and dealer and BRP are telling me to talk to the other any sugestions on what to try next.

This coupon was for a special event ran by Can-AM, it was there "demo tour event", they went around the country setting up these events. Some where at dealers, raceway, bike events like America and Laconia.

Just taking a test ride at your dealer didn't count. You had to pre-register, turn up and take the event test ride. The coupon was tied to your driving license and not transferable.

If you took one of these test rides on the official event day, BRB would have registered you coupon, your dealer would just apply it to your purchase.

Do you have the invitation pamphlet or email, do have the email confirming registration? The dealer should have noted your license and date of test ride for insurance purpose. If you have all your ducks in a row, sit with the dealer and have him call his local BRP rep so all three can be on the phone together.

I have to say, as coupons go this is one of the hardiest to get, I even took two extra test rides (deferent locations) to try and get some forum members here the coupons but no go.

There rarer than a Willy Wonker golden ticket

harry
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;

Mods:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    This coupon was for a special event ran by Can-AM, it was there "demo tour event", they went around the country setting up these events. Some where at dealers, raceway, bike events like America and Laconia.

Just taking a test ride at your dealer didn't count. You had to pre-register, turn up and take the event test ride. The coupon was tied to your driving license and not transferable.

If you took one of these test rides on the official event day, BRB would have registered you coupon, your dealer would just apply it to your purchase.

Do you have the invitation pamphlet or email, do have the email confirming registration? The dealer should have noted your license and date of test ride for insurance purpose. If you have all your ducks in a row, sit with the dealer and have him call his local BRP rep so all three can be on the phone together.

I have to say, as coupons go this is one of the hardiest to get, I even took two extra test rides (deferent locations) to try and get some forum members here the coupons but no go.

There rarer than a Willy Wonker golden ticket

harry
    after giving BRP my vin # thay say that the $500 was applied for and contact deal.
    also you do not have to go to a test ride event to receive the $500 you just need to sign up through BRP web sight then dealer contacts you and if you go to that dealer and to a test ride, then buy you qualify.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QTSPYDER View Post
    after giving BRP my vin # thay say that the $500 was applied for and contact deal.
    also you do not have to go to a test ride event to receive the $500 you just need to sign up through BRP web sight then dealer contacts you and if you go to that dealer and to a test ride, then buy you qualify.
    Did you get the coupon? and $500 towards your accessories/clothing? hope you did

You have a very forgiving dealer/BRP area rep. I spoke with BRP at length at Americade and we tried to fudge the system but it required a scan of your license. There was quite a few on here that purchased or where about to purchase and did not know about the coupon. Quite a few posts on the subject. Quite a few heated debates on the subject as they could not get the coupon as the event was not in their area. I know a lot had spent some time with their dealer trying to get the coupon.

Boy this is going to get fun as they read you got yours and they did not.

harry
    My Rides;

Favorite Ride;

Mods: