Thread: Finally!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Finally!

Well I finally decided to do some of the mods I bought in May when we bought the spyder. We were selling our house so I did not have time.So today was the day! Here is what I did, Spyderpops bumpskid,Spyderpops missing belt guard,disconnected the analog gauges and put some deer whistles on. I know the deer whistles are not really a mod, but I have hit three in my lifetime in my cars, so I figure for the price why not? First,I would like to thank Lamont for the panel off videos , which came in handy when I lost one of the dash screws (never did find it, but had another spare) Scotty for recommending the craftsman ATV Jack, Spyderpops for the great productsand everyone else who has helped me with my spyder related questions.As well as all spyderlovers who post! Besides the missing screw ( dropped in one of those holes I should have covered!) everything went great! Because they are doing road work here, I figured these mods would be the best to be done first. I have some pics I will post later this week when I am on my laptop. I am hoping to get the Utopia backrest and diamond R armrests on before leaving for SITA on Aug.8, but we see how it goes, damn work interferes with all this fun stuff. I have worked on cars and bikes all my life, but the spyder is a different beast, so once again thanks to all for the help and thanks Lamont for this great site. Hope to meet some of you at SITA. Happy and safe riding!!
    Last edited by Netminder; 07-28-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

and good work on.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by samewok View Post
    and good work on.
    Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So the mods have started, and the trip down that slippery slope has begun...
    Now we're just waiting to see the glorious results... (I'd rather wait with barbeque!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

on the new mods. The party is just beginning.

I was all done modding--but just installed grip buddies on both RT's. Sorry Bob: the devil made me do it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

I was all done modding--but just installed grip buddies on both RT's. Sorry Bob: the devil made me do it.
    I might get them at SITA! Thanks guys!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Here are some pics. Believe it or not, I have only bottomed out twice and the stock plate looks like it was a lot more then that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

That looks like my original skid plate before i got my new one from Spyderpops, i also have the Lava Bronze and it is a beautiful Spyder.

Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Joe View Post
    That looks like my original skid plate before i got my new one from Spyderpops, i also have the Lava Bronze and it is a beautiful Spyder.

Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    Yes it is Joe! I really like it!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post

Gee... That happens to me all of the time!

The Missus has approved Pete's designs for the fender flames; now we're just waiting on finishing up the deal...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Installed the Utopia backrest and Diamond R armrest. The install went good due to some great tips from other sypder lovers. Couple of thing to mention that may or may not have been said:

Drill a hole a little bit bigger hole in the bottom seat plate bracket, it will allow more play when installing brackrest bracket.

As mentioned before cover holes under seat!

Use some gum or putty or something similar to hold the plastic nut and metal spacer when re-installing seat.

I know these tips were mentioned before, because they helped me, but they will really help the job go better. As every one said the worst part is the initial cut and getting the holes lined up. But it will be worth it! We are ready for SITA.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A pic of the finished product!
    Attached Images Attached Images