Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default GREAT LOOKING SPYDER-SITE!

I preordered a Spyder last March after seeing/sitting on one at BRP`s spring tour. I ve taken two small demo rides at a dealer in Green Bay,WI. I ordered mine from Antigo Yamaha in Antigo,WI. I ve been constant research on the machine online and am very excited about finding this website.

I ve been doing my spyderhanging at http://www.can-amtalk.com/forums/ind...5&showforum=29. I am extremely happy to find another board with folks interested in the Spyder. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

here I am about to take my second spin. The first ride I had my better half on the back.

My name is Brad and I m from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in a small tourist town named Munising. Its on the southern shore of Lake Superior.

Thanks again for creating this website.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: GREAT LOOKING SPYDER-SITE!

So what are you riding now if anything? I'm really curious what kind of folks are going to be buying the Spyder. I've never really looked too hard at trikes but I have been on a few rides with them and they can really tear up the road. They seem to corner better than a cruiser, they stop better than a cruiser and you never have to think about falling over in the rain. :bigthumbsup:

I really think that this ride will attract both experienced riders and those who would like to try getting in the wind but their fears have kept them from doing it on two wheels. I know that's the case with my wife. I really think the Lady's are going to love this thing.

Thanks again for joining and remember to tell a friend about the site. :bigthumbsup:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hi Brad and welcome! I'm afraid if I hop on one for a test ride I'll not take it back....going to order one on blind faith. Based one field reports, I doubt I'll be disappointed! Thanks for joining and helping this become the place on the net for Sp','der owners!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I started riding in my early teens,circa 1966.Yep,I m a geezer!

I ve owned dirt bikes,British twins,3 AMF Sportsters and did the B.A. Biker scene in the 70`s. I ve since then owned a Hondamatic 750,78 Wing,and the most recent motorcycle was a 83 Yammy Venture. After that a couple of ATV s ,Polaris 500 and Bombardier 400. Sold everything before our last career move (wife has a career. I dont) due to space restrictions.

I was impressed by how stable it was. I ve plopped over on every motorcycle I ve ever owned. Picking up a Venture is no easy chore..especially when its over on its right side. I was beginning to have problems at low speeds. Especially with the Venture,it being very topheavy.

After seeing and sitting on the Spyder,I just couldn`t get it out of my mind. My wife enjoyed being on the back,except for when we hit 85,then she was`nt so comfortable anymore. Frankly,neither was I. I m opting for the touring windshield,backrest and luggage rack.

The jacket I received is surprisingly well put together. Now to find some hats.. 8)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by draboo
    I started riding in my early teens,circa 1966.Yep,I m a geezer!

I ve owned dirt bikes,British twins,3 AMF Sportsters and did the B.A. Biker scene in the 70`s. I ve since then owned a Hondamatic 750,78 Wing,and the most recent motorcycle was a 83 Yammy Venture. After that a couple of ATV s ,Polaris 500 and Bombardier 400. Sold everything before our last career move (wife has a career. I dont) due to space restrictions.

I was impressed by how stable it was. I ve plopped over on every motorcycle I ve ever owned. Picking up a Venture is no easy chore..especially when its over on its right side. I was beginning to have problems at low speeds. Especially with the Venture,it being very topheavy.

After seeing and sitting on the Spyder,I just couldn`t get it out of my mind. My wife enjoyed being on the back,except for when we hit 85,then she was`nt so comfortable anymore. Frankly,neither was I. I m opting for the touring windshield,backrest and luggage rack.

The jacket I received is surprisingly well put together. Now to find some hats.. 8)
    I got no jacket no nada : I filled the form out for it though. The wife will get it if it shows up.

Sounds like we ran down the same paths. I had a 1975 amf Sporty back in 76 and ran with a pretty ruff group too. Life happens. ;D

This is my wife and my Sporty back then.

m109rbadboy

you did it again man...good lookin site....awesome machine....i think my wife would love 1 also... :bigthumbsup:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great site LaMonte!!!!!!!

Beastie

La monster, you ARE the webmaster :bigthumbsup:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What I ride

All of you sound like youngsters. I am 75 years old and ride a Harley VRod. Did a Iron butt ride on it last years. Also have a new FJR and ordered my Spyder several months ago. Hope they have an extended warranty because I plan on riding for several more years. My other rides are a chevy SSR, a CJ7 Jeep and a Piper Cherokee Arrow. For every day stuff I have a Honda Ridgeline.

I put a deposit on my Spyder without ever seeing one because it looks so cool. I rode one in July and must say I do not regret making the deposit. Got my jacket recently, but have no idea when the bike will be delivered. Got my dealer off the internet - Powers Sports, Pensacola, FL.

I like long distance riding and feel this machine will extend the time that I can make those 1,000 mile trips. I am a certified Iron Butt and plan on using this bike to do a 50/50 as soon as i get it.

Great site

Spyder Garage

Default Re: What I ride

Quote Originally Posted by rbrannum
    All of you sound like youngsters. I am 75 years old and ride a Harley VRod. Did a Iron butt ride on it last years. Also have a new FJR and ordered my Spyder several months ago. Hope they have an extended warranty because I plan on riding for several more years. My other rides are a chevy SSR, a CJ7 Jeep and a Piper Cherokee Arrow. For every day stuff I have a Honda Ridgeline.

I put a deposit on my Spyder without ever seeing one because it looks so cool. I rode one in July and must say I do not regret making the deposit. Got my jacket recently, but have no idea when the bike will be delivered. Got my dealer off the internet - Powers Sports, Pensacola, FL.

I like long distance riding and feel this machine will extend the time that I can make those 1,000 mile trips. I am a certified Iron Butt and plan on using this bike to do a 50/50 as soon as i get it.

Great site

I want to be just like you when I grow up. ;D :bigthumbsup:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This site fricken rocks!!!!

I love the look with all of the custom graphics and subtle touches.
    :bad2thebone:

Keep up the great work Lamont!
    :a18:

-Tim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbertian
    This site fricken rocks!!!!

I love the look with all of the custom graphics and subtle touches.
    :bad2thebone:

Keep up the great work Lamont!
    :a18:

-Tim
    Thanks Bro, I think it really fits the Spyder looks wise.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I too am an old fud! Started riding in 1946, so this is my 60th year of two wheeling it. WWII Indian scout,, 47 Indian Bonneville , all kinds of old Brit singles (Love those thumpers!) , several beemers and Japanese equipment. Latest rides are a Honda trike and a Suzuki 650 Single. Have my Spyder on order and am as excited as a kid about getting it.

Ride safe,

Jack H.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by barb36jack31
    I too am an old fud! Started riding in 1946, so this is my 60th year of two wheeling it. WWII Indian scout,, 47 Indian Bonneville , all kinds of old Brit singles (Love those thumpers!) , several beemers and Japanese equipment. Latest rides are a Honda trike and a Suzuki 650 Single. Have my Spyder on order and am as excited as a kid about getting it.

Ride safe,

Jack H.