Spyder Garage

Default Well, this should be fun...

I'm heading up to the Jersey Shore this weekend to visit with friends for a few days. The plan is to leave on Friday afternoon-- head into work for a few hours, then hit the road after noon.

Oh, BTW: it's going to be 99 degrees, humid as all hell and thunderstormy Friday afternoon.

Sigh. Why can't I have decent riding weather?!

Anyway, got my chill towels, got my cooling vest, got my Camelbak... should be a "fun" trip.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool Enjoy the "FUN"

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Look at it this way, it will help you appreciate the "good" days of ryding even more Teddy said to tell Snooky he said hi, after he pees on her leg

Spyder Garage

What part of the NJ shore dave? Today the weather isn't to bad here, but after 7pm is when i have been riding the most in the past 10 days.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    I'm heading up to the Jersey Shore this weekend to visit with friends for a few days. The plan is to leave on Friday afternoon-- head into work for a few hours, then hit the road after noon.

Oh, BTW: it's going to be 99 degrees, humid as all hell and thunderstormy Friday afternoon.

Anyway, got my chill towels, got my cooling vest, got my Camelbak... should be a "fun" trip.
    Keep a check on yourself. That heat creeps up on you sometimes, especially when you're on the bike. Have fun

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would hope that the ocean breezes moderate everything a bit for you...

"...Pees on her leg. "
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

zrc

Tell Snookie I said Hi.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're not going to pee on her leg too; are you?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Dave I live near the City of Cape May, If you are going by there give me shout and I'll meet you for lunch or something.
    soy_boricua1@live.com

Spyder Garage

Thanks all for the votes of confidence/moral support!

I'll watch out for Snooki... shouldn't be hard to spot (or maybe hear her first? ).

Heading up to the Asbury Park area, then up near the city a few days later. No time to slow down on the way up there, but on the way back I'm hoping to cut out some time to stop at the Revzilla showroom down in Philly, would love to spend a couple hours trying on clothes (hey, if it makes my GF happy, it should work for me too, right? )
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Have a fun but safe trip.
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Revzilla is a tough place to find(tucked in between warehouses) but they are very helpful and more than willing to help.

Have a safe trip!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Back home safe and sound!

Ride up was sweltering, temps over 95 with some insane amount of humidity (I think there may have been an exponent in there somewhere). Thankfully, even with the humidity, my evaporative vest still did the trick to keep me alive (albeit not really cool!).
    Jersey Shore was underwhelming this time out-- weather stunk, no beach time. Did get to putz around the boardwalk down at Point Pleasant on Sunday, won gobs of skeeball tix for my buddy's 6-year-old boy.

Then I drove up to just outside the city to visit another pair of friends, who were gracious enough to take me into the city to bum around yesterday. Got to see the Intrepid Museum, had never been, that was a treat. Couldn't beat the weather yesterday at all-- 79 degrees, blue skies with puffy clouds, breeze right across Manhattan. Not a single complaint!

Revzilla showroom was disappointingly small, was hoping for more. Nice part was their selection was VERY high end, so I got to try on stuff that local stores never carry: $1000+ Dainese, Klim, Rev'it gear, etc. I look damn good in expensive gear, I'll have to tell Santa.

Spyder loved the trip, happily barking all the way up and back.