Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Shock-Tek gloves???

After riding to the Charleston area last weekend ( about 240 miles each way), I noticed yesterday that my right hand had greatly reduced grip strength. I could feel it mostly in the fingers and thumb. After some searching, it appears that my grip may have been too tight, even though I didn't think it was, and the spyder handled great. Also vibrations and such may have done some nerve damage that will need to heal up.

I stumbled across this site...http://www.shocktek.com/index.html and noticed that in their product lineup they had gloves for recreation / motorcycling.

I was wondering if anybody knew about these, or have used them? I may order a pair to try out before I need my wife to open jars for me!

Spyder Garage

Interesting find, I may try out a pair myself. No knuckle protection though
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Interesting find, I may try out a pair myself. No knuckle protection though
    Click on products on their page and you'll see motorcycle gloves. Click, they show fingered as well as no fingers gloves at $46...smoky

Spyder Garage

Smoky, Spyder3 is right, even though they're rated as motorcycle gloves they don't appear to have additional reinforcement around the knuckles as most motorcycle gloves do. I have a pair of leather gloves that don't have knuckle protection and feel that it isn't as necessary to have riding the Spyder as it might be riding a 2-wheeler (just my own opinion).
    I think I'm going to order a pair of these.

Update: I placed an order for the full finger leather/mesh-backed gloves. I'll be leaving for Spyder's in the Redwoods next Saturday and will wear these for the trip. I'll post my feedback on the gloves in the couple of weeks.
    Last edited by SpydherLuv; 07-25-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got mine last week, and rode for about 200 miles this weekend. At first they took some getting used to, but I found I could grip with my hands again, instead of just my fingers. They were comfortable, and I feel none of the negative effects I had after my last long ride. For me, they're a keeper!