Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Is your Sp','der an addition to another or going to replace a vehicle?

Wondering if future owners see themselves using it as a commuter vehicle, recreational vehicle or a replacement for a bike? I forsee recreation and cruise in night with the hot rod guys. Bike night too!

T-Bone©®™

Default Re: Is your Sp','der an addition to another or going to replace a vehicle?

Pretty much all of the above ;D

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Is your Sp','der an addition to another or going to replace a vehicle?

If we get one it will be as a second bike to the wing. I'll use it as a comuter, for running errands and for short local rides. For long trips the Wing still rules! :bigthumbsup:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

second bike also, city and fun trips mostly.
    For the longer trips my M109 will be the one !

Uhhh but don't know how comfort the spider will ride !

Jurrie
    ''If things seem under controle, you are just not going fast enough"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It will be the wife's main ride but I might use it to commute to work.

Spyder Garage

I hope this will be the wife's ride for short trips out here in the country. I told my 16 year old son he can drive it too. I know I have plans to play with it at Deals Gap. ;D Rumor is that's where they setup the traction control. :bigthumbsup:

Way2Fast

l'll use it for joy riding, if you can consider the level, straight, congested "boring" roads here in FL a "joy" to ride on !! I also have a deposit on the new B-King....subject to seeing it in person.

Richard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Fast
    l'll use it for joy riding, if you can consider the level, straight, congested "boring" roads here in FL a "joy" to ride on !! I also have a deposit on the new B-King....subject to seeing it in person.

Richard
    I'm digging the B-King for sure.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Second bike also. Can't see replacing the Goldwing. Quick trips around town and weekend jaunts but will hold judgement on long distance touring.
    Ken

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well, I'd LIKE to keep my 2000 Suzuki Katana 600, but my lovely bride has explained to me that it's sale was a condition of us having put down a deposit.

Of course, we only have a one car garage (the truck and car sleep outside, of course) so I do need the room, and the $ from such a sale would pay for some of the Spyder, right?!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sp','der-man......(aka Lewis/EC)
    Wondering if future owners see themselves using it as a commuter vehicle, recreational vehicle or a replacement for a bike? I forsee recreation and cruise in night with the hot rod guys. Bike night too!
    I bought Spyder as a backup to my M109R, mainly for commuting so I can keep the M109R in the garage on rainy, snowy and other bad weather days. But...when the wife saw it - who has never even been on a motorcycle - it now has become 'her' bike as she suddenly wants to give riding a try.

As for the B-King...dang that looks sweet but unless I hit the lottery, it's not going to happen.

-Tim

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm replacing everything I own, which is an old AMF Sportster, 1981, and an almost new Moto Guzzi Jackal. The Sportster is getting rusted, but all original and it runs, The Goose I bought in 2000 just before I got sick, and because I now have limited balance and leg strength I haven't ridden it only once since then.
    This is great fun. I took the Spyder out for a demo ride and didn't fall over, and I could shift and break fine..great luck for me. Anyone in Connecticut or southern Mass. interested in either bike? :bigthumbsup:
    Dave

Spyder Garage

Well, my first "bike" is actually a 150cc scooter. It has been great. I use it as my main form of transportation as long as the weather holds out. I have even driven in the rain but it is a bit slippery. Anyway, I am trading up, I was going to upgrade to the Suzuki Burgman 400 Suzuki but the Spyder just grew on me. The more I heard about it and checked it out and learned, the more I liked it. I did a short test ride at one of our dealers here locally back in July and it was okay, but the ride wasn't long enough or varied enough to make a good decision on. My husband ordered one because he like that they are bigger and more visible than a motorcycle. He sold his shortly after we were married 19 years ago because a couple of idiots almost killed him all in the same week. We plan on using our Spyders as much as mother nature allows. I have no problem bundling up for the cold. I will just have to watch it when we get our winter weather. They may have to spend some time in the garage then. We also want to do some distance touring together. Now we are looking into bike to bike communication systems, but that is another subject.
    Deb
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've never driven a motorcycle but have been riding snowmobiles for 30+ years. This new toy is going to let me "ride" almost year round on a new set of "trails". My plan is to try and use on my commute daily instead of my gas guzzling pickup truck. Not sure how well this plan will hold up when the weather gets rough - time will tell!

Spyder Garage

My wife crashed her Vstar 6 years ago and has only recently been riding her own bike. She broke many body parts(hers). She now has a 1995 BMW R100R with an SCF sidecar. A very nice rig. We saw the Spyder and scheduled our test drive. She absolutely loved it. We ordered one on 9/13 for May 08 delivery. We may lose the sidecar rig when the Spyder shows up. I ride (or will when IT shows up) a 2008 Harley Ultra (traded a 2003) and a 1999 BMW R1200C. Wife also has a Honda Elite scooter that she doesn't use much.

Looking forward to participating more on this site when her toy shows up. We ordered the silver, the bar risers, the seat cowl, fog lights, the 12V outlet, a trunk liner and higher windshield.
    Lucky

2015 RTS SE6
    2008 Harley Ultra
    1999 BMW R1200C
    1986 Harley Electraglide

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    My wife crashed her Vstar 6 years ago and has only recently been riding her own bike. She broke many body parts(hers). She now has a 1995 BMW R100R with an SCF sidecar. A very nice rig. We saw the Spyder and scheduled our test drive. She absolutely loved it. We ordered one on 9/13 for May 08 delivery. We may lose the sidecar rig when the Spyder shows up. I ride (or will when IT shows up) a 2008 Harley Ultra (traded a 2003) and a 1999 BMW R1200C. Wife also has a Honda Elite scooter that she doesn't use much.

Looking forward to participating more on this site when her toy shows up. We ordered the silver, the bar risers, the seat cowl, fog lights, the 12V outlet, a trunk liner and higher windshield.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

: Well I hate to admit it but I sold both my Motorcycles. A 2006 Triumph Speedmaster and a 2003 Yamaha Warrior with a 240 rear tire and the speedstar performance kit. After a bad fall on the Speedmaster I decided to make the move to three wheels. At 60 I think this is the best vehicle for this stage of my life. Most of my riding is with the wife on the back and I was starting to notice the weight in slow moving traffic. I'm so glad that this vehicle came along so I can keep my old head in the wind!!

Spyder Garage

I sold my honda ace 750 to put the deposit on the spyder. this will probably be a daily driver weather permitting, unless my husband jumps on it first in the mornings. he has a vtx 1300 and a cbr 954rr, but he really likes the spyder after our demo ride in richmond, virginia. i've noticed some of you have been to the dragon...any hopes of getting a club ride up in the future? we go to the dragon at least 4 times a year. we also live about 30 minutes from the blue ridge parkway, so i can't wait to ride mine around here. ( moutains of nc) my dealer from florida says mine should be here the 2nd or 3rd week in oct...better be... we are heading to biketoberfest and hope to pick it up on the way down!!! :

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderwoman
    I sold my honda ace 750 to put the deposit on the spyder. this will probably be a daily driver weather permitting, unless my husband jumps on it first in the mornings. he has a vtx 1300 and a cbr 954rr, but he really likes the spyder after our demo ride in richmond, virginia. i've noticed some of you have been to the dragon...any hopes of getting a club ride up in the future? we go to the dragon at least 4 times a year. we also live about 30 minutes from the blue ridge parkway, so i can't wait to ride mine around here. ( moutains of nc) my dealer from florida says mine should be here the 2nd or 3rd week in oct...better be... we are heading to biketoberfest and hope to pick it up on the way down!!! :

I'm about 2.5 hours from the Dragon and I think it would be great to get a bunch of us up there, lets plan on it. :bigthumbsup:

Spyder Garage

my wife has made comments about how she would not need training wheels to ride it... ;D

Spyder Garage

"spyders invade the dragon" by killboy....sounds nice!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carcrazy
    I've never driven a motorcycle but have been riding snowmobiles for 30+ years. This new toy is going to let me "ride" almost year round on a new set of "trails". My plan is to try and use on my commute daily instead of my gas guzzling pickup truck. Not sure how well this plan will hold up when the weather gets rough - time will tell!
    Amen, brother. I ride sleds and dirt bikes, but no street. The Spyder (with no lean) is aimed at the skill set of those familiar with sleds and ATVs. If you're good at one of those, you will quickly acclimate to a Spyder. It is curious to hear from so many bike riders who also find value in what the Spyder offers.

With less snow in recent years, snowmobilers have less time to enjoy their sport. The Spyder provides those riders with the ability to "ride" the rest of the year and explore new "trails", as carcrazy pointed out. And with nearly 1,000,000 ATVs sold each year and nearly 200,000 snowmobiles sold each year, the Spyder has plenty of potental riders who already know how to ride it. Add to that the personal watercraft riders who don't currently ride a bike, and the non-current-bike potential is huge.

So, the Spyder is my first "street bike" in over 25 years. Stability, visability, sled-like handling, and all of the electronic-wizardry makes it attractive. And, the styling. It replaces nothing, but is in addition to many snowmobiles, ATVs, watercraft and dirt bikes.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD