Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Why would someone buy a Road King. . . is it because they can't understand the concept of Indian? Why would someone buy a pickup truck? Is it because they can't understand the concept of a sports car? Why would someone eat at Burger King? Is it because they can't understand the concept of McDonalds? Your question: "Is it that you just can’t grasp the concept of 2 wheels?" is really condescending and more than a bit arrogant. I could ride two wheels when I was 5. I happen to like my Spyder, and I bought it because: (1) I wanted to; (2) I could; (3) I live in a country (and spent 25 years defending it) that allows me to spend my money as I see fit, without the need to give a $%#@! what someone else thinks of my choice. Why would you even ask this question? Is it that you can't understand the concept that others have free will and are not in the business of fulfilling your every wish? As for the motorcycle endorsement . . . its a good thing you aren't in charge of DMV.

I've never eaten at a McDonalds before.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    I agree, he's probably riding the spyder right now!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This Troll joined up; launched this thread; made two other posts, and hasn't been seen since... troll.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default respectful a bit

When I was young we chewed up chains and sprockets in the mud and sand. We all have our own sense of what fun is. Free will. Now I can't hold up a big cruiser. The good news is I'm having a good time and my wife is not afraid to go with me. Gary
    2012 RTS 2065 miles
    Web Boards, Champion Tour Full Cover
    USAF 67-71 Weapons Mechanic -Love my B-52
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I guess I'm an idiot.
    I've heard that about you before.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe G View Post
    I've heard that about you before.

LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
    When I was young we chewed up chains and sprockets in the mud and sand. We all have our own sense of what fun is. Free will. Now I can't hold up a big cruiser. The good news is I'm having a good time and my wife is not afraid to go with me. Gary
    i'm with you gary! the wife loves the ride and would never get on 2 with me again! that's all I need for a reason!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 3Wheeler

I will be 80 years old my next birthday, I have never owned a motorcycle and never had a desire to own one. My darling wife passed away almost 2 years ago. I did not want to do anything except sit in my recliner and cry. I didn't want to be around people or associate with anyone, even relatives. The Doctor even told me (after the grief councilor failure) to join an online social club. That didn't work either. I saw s on the TV and thought maybe this would help. If it doesn't work I can always join my wife. It's true I was that close. I bought the and it was the smartest move I have ever made. I spend half my time on my and the other half reading threads. This is true, the Spyder saved my life. I don't care what anyone say's or if the breaks down I no longer spend 24 hours in my recliner.

Spyder Garage

This turned out to be one of the more enjoyable post's I've read on here. Had some blow joe without Harley in his name asked the same question it would of died long ago. Instead it got the attention of many, and I enjoyed all the different stories as to why we got a Spyder and what we enjoy about them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruisersbaby View Post
    I don't know where you learned your English grammar, but it's not really important. And, shouldn't is the contraction for should not. Either one is correct. Just very petty, and I apologize if I embarrassed you.
    As a citizen of the country which gave the world the English language I can tell you that we are not prissy (or petty) in Britain about sticking rigidly to correct spelling or grammar, communication is the important thing. I enjoy what some of you guys and gals post and feel that it wouldn't have nearly as much appeal if everyone wrote grammatically "correct" English. As for the spelling: I used to have a friend who's name was Hugh. I've recently seen his name used on this forum to describe something big. The word is "huge", but as my friend is a heavyweight I'm sure he wouldn't mind! As I said, communication is the important thing.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug I View Post
    I will be 80 years old my next birthday, I have never owned a motorcycle and never had a desire to own one. My darling wife passed away almost 2 years ago. I did not want to do anything except sit in my recliner and cry. I didn't want to be around people or associate with anyone, even relatives. The Doctor even told me (after the grief councilor failure) to join an online social club. That didn't work either. I saw s on the TV and thought maybe this would help. If it doesn't work I can always join my wife. It's true I was that close. I bought the and it was the smartest move I have ever made. I spend half my time on my and the other half reading threads. This is true, the Spyder saved my life. I don't care what anyone say's or if the breaks down I no longer spend 24 hours in my recliner.

Good for you man! That is awesome!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Why Spyder?

My first bike and I want to have fun. Can't have fun from a hospital bed or casket! Safety, safety, safety!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

My reason is because I can.

I also ride with a mixed group of riders from time to time, Harleys, Suzukis, Hondas, Kawasakis, Etc, Etc Etc, and we allways have a good time together.

Its not what you ride but that you ride.

Cruzr Joe
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 08-19-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default My UP (Michigan) Tee Shirt

We just got back from a 9 day tour of the UP so I bought this tee shirt that reminded me of this post.

"if you've never been there"

"You'll never understand"
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

I would ask why you chose a Harley. I have ridden for 50+ years but never a Harley. Why for me. Don't like Harley. I have ridden Cushman, Trimph, Honda, Yamaha, and BMW and now the Spyder. What I haven't done is knock what anyone chose to ride. Just make your choice and enjoy riding.

2012 RT Limited
    SpiderWrap Graphics
    KewlMetal DualKewl FenderZ Running Lights
    TricLED Dual Running & Brake Lights
    Seal Floorboards
    Bajaron Anti-Sway Bar
    Utopia Backrest
    Diamond R Luggage Rack
    SpyderPops Upper Blockoff
    SpyderPops Catalytic Converter Shield

Spyder Garage

Default I like it.

I drink beer 'cuz I like it.
    I eat ice cream 'cuz I like it.
    I smell roses 'cuz I like it.
    I play with the dog 'cuz I like it.
    I ride a Spyder 'cuz I like it.

I need no other reasons.

Dan

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 3 Wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by Doug I View Post
    Thank you for sharing this as my story is very comparable- my wife's death- my grief- my inactivity- Spyder on Tv- bought it- ride it and read threads. Thanks man!!! John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    I drink beer 'cuz I like it.
    I eat ice cream 'cuz I like it.
    I smell roses 'cuz I like it.
    I play with the dog 'cuz I like it.
    I ride a Spyder 'cuz I like it.

I need no other reasons.

Dan

Best answer on this whole thread!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Who doesn't like that move??

Spyder Garage

LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I found the original poster, he's at the.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Learned by the grace of god an some luck

I'm not big on religion, but, two years ago, my wife and I were on our sports bike when a car pulled out in front of us. I had enough time to realize that a car pulled out. I knew if i layed it down, we would have shot right in front of the car and possible would have ended our lives shortly after that. I was only going 45mph when we hit; I remember doing a face plant on his hood, and as i was flipping through the air i felt my shoes fly off my feet and i felt something grab the back of my helmet. Next thing i knew, i was standing in the road looking back at my wife laying on the road and cars coming towards her. I threw my helmet at the traffic to get them to stop. As i took two steps towards my wife, i collapsed and drug myself to her. As i got to her, the guy that was driving the car got out and said, "I didnt see you". I'm not doubting that, we all have stories of people not seeing the motorcycle. So with both of us having multiple surgeries and broken bones, we had time to reflect on what happened and if we could have done anything differant. So after the fact, my helmet had no scuff marks on it (what grabbed my helmet?)... The other couple that was riding with us said that I landed on my feet. (who flips at 45 MPH and lands on their feet?)... Why didnt he see me? I saw him just fine... What if i had ABS brakes, Anti roll and three wheels that would have allowed me to hit the brakes with out fear of sliding under the car while providing so many more options to avoid the collision, what if I had more lights or a bigger easier to see bike? To sum it up, I wanted something fun, safe and easy to see. Being alive and a parent to my 5 and 9 year old girls is worth the addition costs of a Spyder. I'm sure it wasnt all luck, who ever grabbed the back of my helmet and placed me on my feet that day, thank you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by soaring hawk View Post
    I can now stop and smell the wild flowers on the side of the road, on two wheels you watch everything to keep upright. My wife enjoyed scenery, did you see that, no I was watching the road. Riding two up she would make a odd move I'd have to tell her to knock it off or you'll dump us. She would see a shop on the other side of the road, ever try to turn a cruiser around on small road with gravel sides Now with the Spyder I can enjoy my surroundings, now she can jump around all she wants, sometimes I have to make sure she still back there, no problem to quick turn around and stop at that shop. I still like my 6 two wheelers but I find myself taking the Spyder more and more. It's a relaxing enjoyable ride.

Riding the Spyder is as calm as a light breeze and wild as a hurricane.

Isn't three more than two?
    Wow ths is exactly why I got my spyder, my husband still has his two wheels but started looking at trikes, I thought this was the time for me to jump in and get the spyder, we've been looking at them but not making the move. I'm thinking it won't be long he'll have his own spyder or we will be riding mine together. We had gravel and the turns, plus me not trying to move around on the back was getting hard on long rides.
    I Love my
    Linda
    RTS SE5 2012 Red
    GOS member 871