Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I've had Russell, Mustang, and Corbin seats on my various rides, and always come back to the Corbin.

I have a Corbin driver/passenger seat with backrest (non-heat), and did NOT buy the pillion replacement - rather I had Corbin match the stock stitching. It looks and feels great, and the cost was under $700 (purchased in 2010). I went with the Russell on my BMW, because I needed a narrow front and dished pan, which the could do, and Corbin couldn't. I didn't find the cushion to be much better than stock - same with the Mustang. I just find I have more support with the Corbin.

I also use a "Bead Rider" when it gets hot - allows better air circulation, and if I get caught in the rain - I don't have to sit in water…. JMHO.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    Wow, the price has jumped up. That is $150 more than I paid last month. Does that include recovering the passenger backrest and the driver backrest or is that quote only for the seat?
    Options requested: Backrest, Magnum
    Last edited by Kagey_98; 07-16-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    Kagey

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Spyder RTS SE5 - Quantum Blue Metallic - LED RT HMT Brake Light W/Dual Converter Unit - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs
    SpyderPops "Missing Belt Guard" - "Butt Buffer" Butt Pad - Utopia Backrest - Original Grip Buddies - Digital Volt Gauge
    Analog Clock - Shark LED Light Kit - BajaRon's SwayBar - Mud Flap - Custom Dynamics Radiator Inlet Covers
    Seal FloorBoards
    - Baker Air Wings - SpyderPops BumpSkid

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey_98 View Post
    I'm guessing the magnum option will require additional construction in the seating area that accounts for the higher cost. Even though my seat is built to Kontour specs, it still has the shape of the stock seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey_98 View Post

Are you getting the backrest from kontour also ? Along with the magnum i can see how you got up there.

I guess the question now is if knowing what i know now about the seat would i do it again at a higher price...

Yup....I have no issues riding for extended periods. I have also found what i wear has an effect on comfort level. LD comfort shorts and mesh pants works best for me. Your results may vary.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default Local Upholstery Shop specializing in cycles...

New Image, York, PA

Rebuilt my seat, moved 'step' back 3", recovered in a more breathable vinyl, added embroidery to seat back. $450.00

VERY COMFORTABLE.

Tell then Frank from Harrisburg sent you from SpyderLovers (I don't get a cut, though)
    c.jpgb.jpga.jpgd.jpgSeat.jpg
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)