Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default hope we're not too old, but----

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder777 View Post
    And we don't even have the backrest on yet. We have done 120 miles of very high speed mountain twisties and she does not like the look of the RT. we are 31. Maybe when we get older the RT will start to look sexier.

the wife and i are 60 years old, but we feel the same way as you about the rs. we have an rss and love the sporty look of it. maybe when we get to be 80 years old we'll take a look at that there rt thing!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian GP View Post
    Hello. I use to ride sport bikes back in the early 80's, sold my bike to buy a house and start a family, 30 years later (last year) my son bought a crotch rocket so I bought a sport touring bike (Ninja 1000) to ride with him but now he is moving out west and his bike is for sale. I'm retired now and would like to do some short trips with my wife but I know she would never ride on the Ninja so I'm researching the Spyder.

Should I be looking at the RT over the RS if we are planning on doing weekend trips?

Is the Spyder considered to be a comfortable ride?

Is it a reliable machine even with a fair number of KM's on it?

There is a 2010 RT AC for sale near me with 43,780 km's complete with entertainment harness and CB/radio intercom system. All tires are new and the bike has been saftied. Does this sound like a good place to start looking?

I know there are atleast 3 Spyder forums, is this the best one for a new Canadian to learn on?

Thanks in advance.
    BTW, I felt your pain today...I was in the Niagara area and decided to make a detour and stop in at the dealership in Fenwick...associated and owned by the folks in St. Kitts...won't mention the company name...not worthy.... anyway, NO models available in Fenwick and 3 in St. Catherines but only available to be viewed by "appointment"..... someone needs to get the message to BRP about local representation or lack thereof....