Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Hello! Just introducing myself

Hello, everyone! My name is Anita, aka Mama or Mama Phoenix, and I just joined this site. I'm 46 yrs old, I live in middle TN, and I have always loved bikes. Unfortunately, I never actually learned to ryde because of an incident that happened in my early 20s, but I'm about to rectify that. You might say it's the top item of about 5 on my bucket list. If you're interested in my "motorcycle" story, you can check out my post here. Yep, this is such a big thing for me that I had to write about it.

Somehow, I came across a while looking at bikes online, and I thought, "OMG! That's exactly what I need!" I admit, I became slightly obsessed at that point (okay, fully obsessed). You see, I used to be very active and quite adventurous, but a back injury and a few physical issues caused me to be very cautious about everything I do. Once I saw the , I knew it was time to make a change.

So, I hope it's okay that I've joined this site even though I don't have a Spyder yet. I'm slowly working my way towards ownership, so I hope to be blessed with one soon. Even my baby girl is excited about hitting the road. I can't wait to meet all of you and get fully involved in your conversations.

Thanks!

****I apologize if I posted this in the wrong location. I did search for an "Introductions" thread, but I couldn't find one.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

to the site. You've found the right place to learn and ask about spyders. Dale

Spyder Garage

Default Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    to the site. You've found the right place to learn and ask about spyders. Dale
    Thanks so much, Dale! I appreciate that!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome. Hope you find the right soon.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

harry

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to the best Spyder forum

And take your time and get the right for you. I have ridden 2 wheels for 48 yrs. and I never felt as safe on a bike as I do the . I know you will love it like the rest of us do. And this is the place to learn all about that machine.

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

Glad you found us. You're going to have a blast when you get your Spyder...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Anita! Pull up a chair and get comfy; you're in the right place for anything and everything about Spyders!
    So have you narrowed down your lists of likes and dislikes yet? Everybody in here will have an opinion to offer up, so don't be bashful about asking questions!
    Now let the shopping begin!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Welcome!! This is a great site and everyone is very helpful!!

Happy shopping!!
    Dee

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

Welcome Anita.

Everyone has a different reason for ending up here on the Spyder forum. Everything in life including what we experience make us who we are today. Bottom line, if it takes us to a forum such as this it's not such a bad place to be. Please keep us up to date on your status and look forward to your new ride. Don

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hello! Just introducing myself

on your decision to join this site, but also to face your fears & get back in the game. ride safe.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

This is the best place for Spyders!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome MAMA! The Spyder is fitting a wide range of different needs for all ages... After 40 years on two wheels I am perfectly content and happy with my Roadster.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome! I hope you can get your Spyder soon. Your story was great. Good luck with the MSF.
    Last edited by SpyderAnn01; 07-14-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Green RSS View Post
    Welcome. Hope you find the right soon.
    Thanks, Green RSS! Me, too!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hi Anita! Pull up a chair and get comfy; you're in the right place for anything and everything about Spyders!
    So have you narrowed down your lists of likes and dislikes yet? Everybody in here will have an opinion to offer up, so don't be bashful about asking questions!
    Now let the shopping begin!!
    Hi, Bob! Thanks for your welcome! I have grabbed my coffee, pulled up a chair, and I'm pretty comfy! There's a lot that I love about the ! I've been reading all kinds of info, but I've been looking at issues people are having, too. Since I don't have one yet , I'd have to say my biggest dislike would be the difficulty in accessing certain parts... for an oil change, for example. (At least that's what I've read.) I may be a 46 yr old woman, but I like working on my own stuff when physically possible. I've also read that oil changes have been $350 to $500 for some people. Wow! That's expensive for an oil change! But, none of that is enough to sway me from my dream bike!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Please be very careful. A test ride on a spyder would be a very good idea. It should be longer than 5 minutes at 10 MPH.

The reason I say this that the Spyder puts out a lot of heat. There are mods to deal with the heat mostly, but I noticed on your blog that you have fibro and several of my friends who ride with fibro have had to bail out on trips due to fibro related heat issues and they do not ride Spyders. Just sayin test ride and have a big smile and a check when your finished

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike

Spyder Garage

Smile Thank you all!

Thank you all for your warm welcome! It really means a lot to me! I apologize for the delay in responding. My internet decided to leave me for a few days. I will definitely keep everyone updated on my progress. I'm going to take the motorcycle safety class in the 1st or 2nd week of September when it hopefully won't be so darn hot & humid. I also entered a contest to win a , so please keep your fingers crossed that the Spyder powers-that-be will pull name out of the hat!

Spyder Garage

If you think you were addicted before...... just keep hanging out here.........

Don't pay too much heed to negative posts about problems some owners are having... for the most part people are happy Spyder owners... and people don't generally post when everything is going well.... only when they have a problem.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mspiv View Post
    Please be very careful. A test ride on a spyder would be a very good idea. It should be longer than 5 minutes at 10 MPH.

The reason I say this that the Spyder puts out a lot of heat. There are mods to deal with the heat mostly, but I noticed on your blog that you have fibro and several of my friends who ride with fibro have had to bail out on trips due to fibro related heat issues and they do not ride Spyders. Just sayin test ride and have a big smile and a check when your finished
    Hi, Mspiv, and thanks for the info (and for checking out my blog post). I have noticed a few comments about the heat from the , and it is of some concern to me. I do plan to test ride soon, especially since the beginner MSC will be on 2 wheels. Luckily, I live in the country (but very close to the city), so I'll get a really good idea of how much of the heat I'll be able to handle before I try to go on any road trips. Let's hope and I win one so I don't have to have a big check after test driving!

Spyder Garage

to the site. Keep us posted on your pending purchase. As others have said, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hello Anita, and welcome to a fine group of people. The spyder has opened doors for a lot that would have been afraid or unable to ride for many reasons. After you get the spyder you may not even get to the other 4 things on your "bucket list".

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    Hello Anita, and welcome to a fine group of people. The spyder has opened doors for a lot that would have been afraid or unable to ride for many reasons. After you get the spyder you may not even get to the other 4 things on your "bucket list".
    Welcome aboard!!!

Spyder Garage

hope you are able to get your soon so you can start enjoying it.