GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Does your dealer know about the new oil filter & panel replacement yet?

Called my dealer today to see if the new access panel is at the dealer and to make sure they have the new oil filters in stock. Well, not to my surprised they had no idea what I was talking about.

At the owners event, I know it was announced that all dealers had be notified. Well, guess Hattiesburg Cycle in Hattiesburg, MS did not get the notice.

I need an oil change very very soon. So hope they do what the gentleman said he would do Tuesday (July 17th) and call BRP. Oh, I can't use the old type oil filter since I had my oil changed at the owners event, new filter used and a big sticker says do not use oil type of filter.

Yes, I'm at the 5000 miles since last oil change. We just finished a 7200 miles trip.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    Called my dealer today to see if the new access panel is at the dealer and to make sure they have the new oil filters in stock. Well, not to my surprised they had no idea what I was talking about.

At the owners event, I know it was announced that all dealers had be notified. Well, guess Hattiesburg Cycle in Hattiesburg, MS did not get the notice.

I need an oil change very very soon. So hope they do what the gentleman said he would do Tuesday (July 17th) and call BRP. Oh, I can't use the old type oil filter since I had my oil changed at the owners event, new filter used and a big sticker says do not use oil type of filter.

Yes, I'm at the 5000 miles since last oil change. We just finished a 7200 miles trip.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know if my dealer has the new ones yet. It makes me wonder if they will sell out of the old ones before they order new ones or if they will return the old ones to BRP. When I bought brake pads my old dealer in MI was still selling the Generation 2 pads when the Generation 3 pads had been out for a while.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I don't know if my dealer has the new ones yet. It makes me wonder if they will sell out of the old ones before they order new ones or if they will return the old ones to BRP. When I bought brake pads my old dealer in MI was still selling the Generation 2 pads when the Generation 3 pads had been out for a while.
    They do have the new ones. Don't know if they have any more of the old ones.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

I took my bike in on Tuesday and picked it up today, I had told them about the new oil filter and they ordered it last Friday and got it in today to complete the service. I would have been fine if it was the old filter. Its not the worst thing that can happen. If you run in clean air and highway speeds and add oil when necessary you are probably ok if you fudge over a bit. Now with the new timetable the dealerships will be taking a hit, hopefully they won't be trying to make it up in my pocketbook Panel replacement they didn't have yet. This is Great what BRP has done

Spyder Garage

Default no idea

i faxed the paper to them and they said "WTF"???????????? lol
    HM1 Nathaniel V. Mitchell, USN, CC-NREMT-P

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My dealer knows all about it. I told them! Most likely they will drag their feet until all of the old stock is gone.

Spyder Garage

My dealer knows all about it but did not hve the panels in yet.
    mtbear

Spyder Garage

Default Forwarding information

On May 31 I noticed Lamont's post about the new service intervals and new oil filter. I forwarded the thread to the service manager at my dealership and he, in turn thanked me for the update. They get so many emails from Can Am, Honda, Yamaha, Victory and all their other brands that he says it's easy to miss something.

E mails from customers tend to get their attention and they appear to be grateful for the info.

Apparently some dealers feel threatened by customer input.... my dealer welcomes the information.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nyfdtsdemt View Post
    i faxed the paper to them and they said "WTF"???????????? lol
    YoM knows about the new maintenance schedule but not about the panels. In fact, David found out via mail and the same letter (customer) that we got.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Our new 2011 RT got the new filter when I brought it in for 600 mile service.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'll be asking tomorrow when I take mine in for error code check. Probably won't have yet, but will check.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Took my Spyder in last Monday and forgot to ask about the new filter...Butch checked later that evening and sure enough it was on there. Glad our dealer is up on all the latest updates from BRP. Good Luck when you go in for your oil change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

I have had two oil changes with the new filter. The dealer was allowed to send his supply of the old filters back to BRP. I also have the new panel installed. Looks the same from the outside.

Spyder Garage

Default YoM..............no no

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    YoM knows about the new maintenance schedule but not about the panels. In fact, David found out via mail and the same letter (customer) that we got.
    I use FRS they are my good buddies

Deny, Travis and Brantly!
    HM1 Nathaniel V. Mitchell, USN, CC-NREMT-P

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    My dealer knows all about it. I told them! Most likely they will drag their feet until all of the old stock is gone.
    Yes that is what I have been hearing. Realize the dealers get more money that way cause they are still doing oil changes more often. BRP reps told me in Durango that dealers could return old filters and get credit for them (shipping back BRP paying shipping). Just ont understand dealers who would not do that.

SpyderLady

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    ... Now with the new timetable the dealerships will be taking a hit, hopefully they won't be trying to make it up in my pocketbook Panel replacement they didn't have yet. This is Great what BRP has done

Hey, Mr. Video: As long as they take it out of your pocket, we're really OK with it.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just got an RT-S and the dealer switched the transmission filter out already. Will switch out the other filter during the 600 mile service.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

I'll be taking mine in for the 3000 mile service Thursday (I'm at about 3500 miles) and the dealer has already contacted me and told me the new parts will be put on.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    I took my bike in on Tuesday and picked it up today, I had told them about the new oil filter and they ordered it last Friday and got it in today to complete the service. I would have been fine if it was the old filter. Its not the worst thing that can happen. If you run in clean air and highway speeds and add oil when necessary you are probably ok if you fudge over a bit. Now with the new timetable the dealerships will be taking a hit, hopefully they won't be trying to make it up in my pocketbook Panel replacement they didn't have yet. This is Great what BRP has done
    Dealer might not be doing your oil changes as often now.... but they'll be able to do them QUICKER..... and I'd bet the price of doing an oil change doesn't go down. Most have a set fee for oil change service.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!