Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default apparently, it's the Spyder.....

earlier this week, I had posted that I thought I had used up too much of the battery, causing the Spyder to not start....well, after four days on the charger, it wont start!! the first time I turned it on, I thought it was going to start, but instead, everything turned off........now it's all off....however, the battery is fully charged!!!! unless someone here can come up with a logical slution, it's going to the dealer next week!! I checked everything.......it's dead!! turn the key and nothing comes on dead!!!!

Spyder Garage

Just curious--did you check the kill switch? Been there, done that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Make sure that it is not in gear. If it is you need to depress the brake peddle to start and it will go into neutral. Scratched my head a few times with that and the kill switch before.

Spyder Garage

same here on the being in gear, my service tech still likes to rib me about my frantic phone call, hope it is that simple for you.

Spyder Garage

I have forgot about the kill switch before because someone move the switch an i did not know it.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Bad frame ground, faulty kill switch, bad relay, blown fuse, bad security module or key, bad clutch switch for SM or bad GPS for SE...the list goes on. You need a tech to systematically troubleshoot and find the fault. BUDS can help for some of it. This can't be done over the Internet...at least not without more information.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 07-13-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by epiphysis View Post
    earlier this week, I had posted that I thought I had used up too much of the battery, causing the Spyder to not start....well, after four days on the charger, it wont start!! the first time I turned it on, I thought it was going to start, but instead, everything turned off........now it's all off....however, the battery is fully charged!!!! unless someone here can come up with a logical slution, it's going to the dealer next week!! I checked everything.......it's dead!! turn the key and nothing comes on dead!!!!

Maybe check the battery cables for tightness? Any clicking or life on the cluster?

Josh