Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Throwing in the towel

Well after 6800 miles of issue free operation my 2011 RT-LTD's water pump failed, leaving me stranded needing a $150.00 tow to the dealer 16 miles away. Dealer Jim Potts motor group in Woodstock IL inspected the bike on Monday July 25th told me it's the water pump and they would have the parts in 3 days and that I would be back on the road by the weekend. (Never happened) Now at almost 4 weeks I'm told It might be ready by this Tuesday?? I was told by the service manager that the tech just started working on my bike @ 5pm today but will not be in the shop on Saturday and is off on Monday's maybe he will finish on Tuesday?? I new going with this product that service was going to be an issue. I also figured that the dealer network would improve over time and warranty issues would be handled in a expedant and professional manner. I WAS WRONG!! So at this point I regret to say tha I'm throwing in the towel!!

When this bike is ready I am riding direct to my metric dealer and trading it in at what ever price he is willing to give.

I have enjoyed the Spyder community and support of all the people on this web site and would like to say thank you to Lamont for all your help over the the last year. I wish all spyder owners good luck with there dealers and their bikes. May they both be trouble free and give you years of joy.
    BRP reccomends Jim Potts for service but unless you can afford to be without your bike for a month or so I would try Nielson Enterprise or Dockside Marine for all you Northern Illinois riders.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1BLACKSPYDER View Post
    Well after 6800 miles of issue free operation my 2011 RT-LTD's water pump failed, leaving me stranded needing a $150.00 tow to the dealer 16 miles away. Dealer Jim Potts motor group in Woodstock IL inspected the bike on Monday July 25th told me it's the water pump and they would have the parts in 3 days and that I would be back on the road by the weekend. (Never happened) Now at almost 4 weeks I'm told It might be ready by this Tuesday?? I was told by the service manager that the tech just started working on my bike @ 5pm today but will not be in the shop on Saturday and is off on Monday's maybe he will finish on Tuesday?? I new going with this product that service was going to be an issue. I also figured that the dealer network would improve over time and warranty issues would be handled in a expedant and professional manner. I WAS WRONG!! So at this point I regret to say tha I'm throwing in the towel!!

When this bike is ready I am riding direct to my metric dealer and trading it in at what ever price he is willing to give.

I have enjoyed the Spyder community and support of all the people on this web site and would like to say thank you to Lamont for all your help over the the last year. I wish all spyder owners good luck with there dealers and their bikes. May they both be trouble free and give you years of joy.
    BRP reccomends Jim Potts for service but unless you can afford to be without your bike for a month or so I would try Nielson Enterprise or Dockside Marine for all you Northern Illinois riders.
    I'm sorry to hear you have not been able to get the RF fixed in a timely manner. Did it take this long to get the parts in? If so it may be out of their hands. I just got my new RT-S from them and was able to get a BRP issue fixed.

Jeff

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Okay-- I get that you're upset and all.... but cross-posting this same complaint in three different areas out here????

C'mon.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Terrible thing to say is the fact that the dealer doesn't give a **** about what our problems are with the Spyder...They've learned to blame everything on BRP because of the advanced electrical/computer systems, delivery time, after market accessories, etc. How do we cope as owners?.....means nada..It's pretty evident that BRP doesn't have control/monitoring systems in place to make sure the owner gets quality maintenance...especially at the rates they charge. I love the machine but I'm starting to get upset with how much we get shafted for when it comes to maintence, parts, whatever...I thought Harley prices were bad but BRP beats them out

Spyder Garage

with Firefly

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default See ya

Obviously this guy had his mind made up long ago to bail out with the first excuse. That's fine, but by posting all over the place, he just proves the point.

Good luck on what ever you buy, let us know when it breaks and you make your next trade.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you have not been able to get the RF fixed in a timely manner. Did it take this long to get the parts in? If so it may be out of their hands. I just got my new RT-S from them and was able to get a BRP issue fixed.

Jeff
    Jeff I normaly hear good things about the service at Jim Potts> I think that is the part that angers me the most. The parts were @ the dealer in 2 days all I get is were busy or I don't konw we will call you???

Spyder Garage

Default You're Lucky

The last guy who posted something bad about this dealer was really criticized to the point that I have not seen another post from him... Thank your lucky stars that this thread isn't locked yet. The last one was. That guy had a bad experience and the majority of folks said it was his fault.

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1BLACKSPYDER View Post

One issue and you're throwing in the towel??? Maybe it's best you do. Heaven help you if it would ever break again!!!
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that the dealer has dropped the ball on this one...but cross-posting it seems a bit heavy...
    Well good luck anyway!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    Terrible thing to say is the fact that the dealer doesn't give a **** about what our problems are with the Spyder...They've learned to blame everything on BRP because of the advanced electrical/computer systems, delivery time, after market accessories, etc. How do we cope as owners?.....means nada..It's pretty evident that BRP doesn't have control/monitoring systems in place to make sure the owner gets quality maintenance...especially at the rates they charge. I love the machine but I'm starting to get upset with how much we get shafted for when it comes to maintence, parts, whatever...I thought Harley prices were bad but BRP beats them out
    The above is very well stated! First I agree that everything will break and you have you have to deal with it. I own five snowmobiles and it seems I always have at least one in the shop, but this manufactures (Acrtic Cat) has tech reps that will give you their business card and tell you if you have problems with any of there products or getting service from one of there dealers, to call them and they will get to the bottom of the problem.

I have a new 2012 RT and have had my fair share of issues so far; however, my dealer is working hard and when I sit down with management they tell me BRP does is still trying to figure out how to support this bike. For example I still have my Blue Tooth kit in the trunk as BRP asked them to remove it till they can test it, and figure out why it does not interface.

I think they will get there......just going to take time!!!

No need to throw stones at someone just because he has had some real bad luck!