Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default R&R

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Cougar, that CSC (I think you mean California Sidecar vs CRC) Cobra is a drop dead machine. That will be my next trike if my damn Motor Trike will just quit showing off and just keeps running. (12 years old and never been in the shop other than normal maintenance) Motor Trike builds a solid axel or a IRS unit. My solid axel is bullet proof (Mustang V6) and strong as ten pounds of garlic. I triked my Wing after four years due to a bad knee that started up after 25 years due to a small incident during the Korean War.

The most important thing to remember here is: There are no bad kits...just bad insallers. The CSC requires a skilled installation....if the Jasper, GA company is a stand up group, go for it. Good luck. I love my trikes, both BR1 and Punkin'.

I am hoping BR1 will run like a hose when I get him back....and will ride him a lot and see how he stands up. BPR needs to review their parts department...it is a big money maker, but is loosing customers.

R&R is just up the road and you couldn't find a better group of folks or any dealer with happier customers, period. They would have triked my RoadGlide, but I decided to go with The Big Red Bug.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

George,

Couldn't you just "retrike" your GW with a Cobra kit?

cougar

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    George,

Couldn't you just "retrike" your GW with a Cobra kit?

cougar
    Oh, several reasons. 1) I like a back up scoot. 2) May or may not fit a newer Gold Wing frame. 3) Color, fit and finish matching.....7 year old kit on a new '13..?? 4) The sweet Wife just got promoted to supervisor on the second shift at the saw mill, so money is rolling in.... so I am also shopping for a new Kubota tractor and pick up truck....

Chapter 9 of "How the Spyder turns". Dealer called and said the throttle body to be shipped "overnight"...didn't. BRP wins again....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Chapter 9 of "How the Spyder turns". Dealer called and said the throttle body to be shipped "overnight"...didn't. BRP wins again....
    Love my Spyder but.......

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh, I really like BR1 when he is running....but.....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

George,

You got it backwards. I meant put a new kit on your old Goldwing (replace your current kit).

cougar

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    George,

You got it backwards. I meant put a new kit on your old Goldwing (replace your current kit).

cougar
    Oh, I understand...see my reasons above...I don't want a new kit on a 12 year old scoot....matching paint, possible mounting problems, etc and I like two trikes...a backup if you will. New Wing and a new kit would be my route when I get rid of BR1. If and when I get BR1 back, I will ride him until the next breakdown, fix it under my extended warranty and then sell it. This is my plan.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Oh, I understand...see my reasons above...I don't want a new kit on a 12 year old scoot....matching paint, possible mounting problems, etc and I like two trikes...a backup if you will. New Wing and a new kit would be my route when I get rid of BR1. If and when I get BR1 back, I will ride him until the next breakdown, fix it under my extended warranty and then sell it. This is my plan.

Its a shame but that sounds like a good plan. I was almost there recently aswell. But luckly not much down time. I am still waiting to see how it goes and decide then. I will probably get another spyder. Strange i know but nothing like it. Fingers crossed BR1 runs like a top for many miles and this becomes a distant memory err... nightmare...
    Josh
    AKA "Camdenlake"
    Soon to be 2012 Red Goldwing

Spyder Garage

Default Name is George...not Job ?

For all you've been through you have to change your name to Job.....you are the poster child for patience. Service like this is ridiculous .Buy the bike and they have it ready in a heartbeat but then sometimes nothing happens later.It's apparent that there are more good spyders than bad ones and in the majority of cases repairs don't take that long but one bad apple draws more flies .Appears your dealer is doing his job but BRP isn't doing theirs. I've been waiting on a new radio for three weeks ....backorder ??? C'mon BRP , a company this big shouldn't have backorders unless they order one at a time as customers order them.I'm sure there are a lot of readers on here that have been swayed from buying a spyder because of what they've read here. A couple hundred dollar part being delayed causing a loss of several spyder purchases. And it ain't just BRP brand either .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I am patient...nothing I can really do except rant on this site....and I am.... I really do enjoy BR1, it is a fun machine...I am going to give it another try and see how it goes. My fear is being stuck in no where west Texas with no cell service or help....no fun at my age...or anyone's for that matter.

You read the Gold Wing sites and very little downtime is reported and there are ten times or more GW on the road than Spyders. Hey, I understand things breaking, but six weeks to get a major part from a company the size of Bombardier (BRP)? I wonder if their custom air craft are on the ground for months....hmmmmm

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Default Not liking something

Yes, I am patient...nothing I can really do except rant on this site....and I am.... I really do enjoy BR1, it is a fun machine...I am going to give it another try and see how it goes. My fear is being stuck in no where west Texas with no cell service or help....no fun at my age...or anyone's for that matter.

You read the Gold Wing sites and very little downtime is reported and there are ten times or more GW on the road than Spyders. Hey, I understand things breaking, but six weeks to get a major part from a company the size of Bombardier (BRP)? I wonder if their custom air craft are on the ground for months....hmmmmm

You paid the price of admission and for that reason if nothing else you have a right to tell it like it is. Beats the h... out of playing both ends against the middle in my book. I'm glad you're willing to stand on principal and RESPECT you for it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey, I understand things breaking, but six weeks to get a major part from a company the size of Bombardier (BRP)? I wonder if their custom air craft are on the ground for months....hmmmmm
    Just to set the facts straight... The Bombardier company that makes jets, trains, and etc is NOT the same as BRP.

It is a common mistake for people to think BRP and the aerospace firm of Bombardier to be one in the same. They are not as of 2003.

BRP was a spin-off from the much larger aerospace company back in 2003; thus it has nothing to do with the parent company any longer. The name Bombardier is the only thing that is similar -- otherwise they are entirely separate companies.

So... whether Bombardier leaves its jets sitting on the tarmac or not has nothing to do with what BRP does or does not do.

Info below about BRP downloaded from Wikipedia...
    In 2003, Bombardier Inc. sold its Recreational Products Division to a group of investors: Bain Capital (50%), Bombardier Family (35%) and Caisse de Dépôt & Placements du Québec (15%).
    The newly formed company was named Bombardier Recreational Products and included all the activities started 60 years earlier by its founder. As of October 6, 2009 it had about 5,500 employees working;[1] its revenues in 2007 are above US$2.5 billion. BRP has manufacturing facilities in five countries, Canada, the United States (Wisconsin, Illinois, North Carolina), Mexico, Finland and Austria. The company’s products are sold in more than 80 countries, 18 of which have their own direct sales network.[2]
    BRP has a long legacy of innovation and holds the brands: Ski-Doo, Can-Am (ATV & Spyder Roadster), Sea-Doo (PWC and SportBoats),Lynx, Evinrude Outboard Motors, Johnson Outboards and Rotax. The Ski-Doo personal snowmobile brand in particular is so iconic, especially in Canada, that it was listed in 17th place on the CBC's The Greatest Canadian Invention list in 2007.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Default Re: BR1 IS IN TROUBLE

Please keep us posted. Had i known Mitt had any stake in ownership i would NOT have bought mine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AbNormy View Post
    Please keep us posted. Had i known Mitt had any stake in ownership i would NOT have bought mine.

I'm non partisan - that said, i thought we were not supposed to get political here?

Spyder Garage

Wanna buy mine? Under 9k miles gently driven 5 year warranty Quantum Blue!

2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I would think that if you didn't have Punkin to ride, You would not be so Patient.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AbNormy View Post
    Had i known Mitt had any stake in ownership i would NOT have bought mine.
    Fairly shallow, and completely misinformed... Mitt left Bain by then.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    I would think that if you didn't have Punkin to ride, You would not be so Patient.
    Bob, you are correct. Punkin' acts up sometimes and I have to hit him with a stick to make him shut down for the day. He is also wearing me out buying rear tires...I only got 32,000 on my last set and have 20K on these and they show little wear. I can change my oil and filter in my barn in fifteen minutes....I buy the Honda filters for $70 a case of ten and share them with my Wing buddies. I am using Amsoil and change every 10, 000 miles and am told I can go to 15K without a problem. I sometimes go to a friend (CSC trike kit installer) and he changes my oil and filter and checks everything for $12 and his wife gives me two pieces of cake and two cups of great coffee while I watch her husband do his thing.

I am glad to know BRP is a seperate company. I realize calling and fussing with a clerk is a waste of time so I let my dealer do his thing and she says they are calling weekly to BRP as they have many Spyders awaiting parts, not just BR1.

The last two times I did call and ask for Carlo, I was told he was "on vacation" and they did not know when he would be back. The second call was "I am not sure where he is". Hmmm, where is Carlo?

The throttle body that was to be "shipped overnight" Tuesday had not arrived as of yesterday. Tuesday will be six weeks downtime.

Oh, yes, I was told I would be contacted by BRP two weeks ago....guess what.....DUH

One second, Bob, someone is calling me....it's Punkin' reminding me of our breakfast ride in the morning.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down George, Teddy & I are SO SORRY your having to go thru this. It just aint right!

As for Carlos, he is on an Extended Leave due to 'Personal Reasons' & I didn't question further why, I just know that BRP has lost a Great Asset for all of us as long as he is out I truly hope something happens for you soon, buddy

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob, you are correct. Punkin' acts up sometimes and I have to hit him with a stick to make him shut down for the day. He is also wearing me out buying rear tires...I only got 32,000 on my last set and have 20K on these and they show little wear. I can change my oil and filter in my barn in fifteen minutes....I buy the Honda filters for $70 a case of ten and share them with my Wing buddies. I am using Amsoil and change every 10, 000 miles and am told I can go to 15K without a problem. I sometimes go to a friend (CSC trike kit installer) and he changes my oil and filter and checks everything for $12 and his wife gives me two pieces of cake and two cups of great coffee while I watch her husband do his thing.

I am glad to know BRP is a seperate company. I realize calling and fussing with a clerk is a waste of time so I let my dealer do his thing and she says they are calling weekly to BRP as they have many Spyders awaiting parts, not just BR1.

The last two times I did call and ask for Carlo, I was told he was "on vacation" and they did not know when he would be back. The second call was "I am not sure where he is". Hmmm, where is Carlo?

The throttle body that was to be "shipped overnight" Tuesday had not arrived as of yesterday. Tuesday will be six weeks downtime.

Oh, yes, I was told I would be contacted by BRP two weeks ago....guess what.....DUH

One second, Bob, someone is calling me....it's Punkin' reminding me of our breakfast ride in the morning.
    Great post George,

Spyder Garage

We rode our RT to BMWRA in Co then came back to Austin and then to Sedalia for the BMWMOA thinking it might be our last beemer rally. So far have only had limp modes 3 or 4 times. Hope BRP comes back from vacation soon. If mine left me more than a day they'd either be lending me a bike or paying for a rental as written traded in our dodge pickup on this.
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A friend said Carlo was not at the Durango Spyder meet....hmmmm. Where is Carlo?? He seemed to be the only help we got from BRP.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Crystal LeChance (SP) was filling his space at BRP... I talked to her once and she seems like somebody that you'd want on your side.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A friend said Carlo was not at the Durango Spyder meet....hmmmm. Where is Carlo?? He seemed to be the only help we got from BRP.

One of the first BRP employee names I heard here was Carlo. Time and time again his fairness, timeliness, and real interest in someones problem was said to be above and beyond.

Now this. No contact...weeks of waiting....bad press for BRP.....ON AND ON.....

Goes to show how important one person can be in the grand scheme of things.

Can't help but wonder if he was paid enough.