Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I really hope BR1 holds together. I enjoyed the ride home this morning, but it really started to get hot early. I am going out in a little while, plug BR1 into the charger as I doubt he has had a charge since I took him in to the hospital. I will post how it goes...a long ride coming up this Saturday....to Harper, TX and the Longhorn Cafe. If he breaks down in that part of the country, I will be in deep Kimshe. A tow vehicle in those parts is a '56 Chevie pickup with a #10 case hardened chain...more later....I will tell BR1 I forgive him and plug him in....bye for now.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Good luck George. Your neighbor must have been happy when your ride was down, 1 less at the tank at nite?

Spyder Garage

How's it going George? Are you still at the Longhorn Cafe?
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 800steve View Post
    Good luck George. Your neighbor must have been happy when your ride was down, 1 less at the tank at nite?
    Funny you ask. Just last week he said he seemed to be getting better mileage as he was not using as much gas recently....I told him it was probably the warm weather...."You get better mileage when it is hot." He said he did not know that.....shussssss

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Has Punkin stopped with the snide remarks yet?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rar View Post
    How's it going George? Are you still at the Longhorn Cafe?
    Oh, no. My group, the Hill Country Road Riders don't go to Harper, TX and the Longhorn until Saturday. We put out an email to all members each month with a ride schedule, where we are going and where to meet and departure time. We are mostly old guys, long time riders, and some of us have been riding together for 20 years. We ask for a $5 annual donation and have a $5 surprise gift at breakfast once or twice a year...we generally have 12-18 riders each week....we ride 12 months a year....we get along very well...have a ball.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rode BR1 to the Longhorn Cafe in Harper. Rode him about 200 miles and kept the RPMs up to give him a workout. He passed with flying colors. I am glad that he ran well today and will see how it goes, but BR1 knows he is on a short string and if he can't hack it, he is gone. We will see.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Has Punkin stopped with the snide remarks yet?
    Bob, I cautioned Punkin' about poking fun at his barn mate. Punkin' is 11 years old this November and getting a little long in the tooth. I mentioned his health could fail at any moment and he should be ashamed of himself. He said, "Okay", but he has been known to lie about his gas mileage and oil change schedule, so I will keep a close eye on him too.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

NO doubt; BR1 knows that he's in a heap of trouble...
    At least he's trying to be on his bestest behavior!
    Punkin'; Tell him that nobody likes sore winners either!

Spyder Garage

Smile

Glad it's all finally behind you George.

Yesterdays gone.... time to look toward tomorrow. Gas & Go......as long as your neighbor doesn't run out of gas and his bull snoozes often .

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeh, I hope BR1 does well. I enjoy the different ride from my Wing. I look forward to him doing well.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear BR1 is behaving himself.
    Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have taken several 200+ mile rides in the hill country....keeping the pressure on BR1. He performed very well so far. I hope it continues.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Have taken several 200+ mile rides in the hill country....keeping the pressure on BR1. He performed very well so far. I hope it continues.

Glad to hear all is well...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I heard that you caught Punkin trying to let the air out of BR1's rear tire... so that he could log some "GeorgeMiles" too!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob, I was going to ride BR1 tomorrow to Bulverde, TX but now the WX forecast for Sunday morning 48 degrees. I now think I will take Punkin' tomorrow and BR1 Sunday when I meet a group at the OST Cafe (Old Spanish Trail) in Bandera, TX. The serve the best breakfast in south Texas. I will ride BR1 because of the warmer air coming out of his right side...ha ha.

Punkin' does make fun of BR1's low front tire pressure...18 pounds vs. 41 in the front tire on his. I did hear BR1 teasing Punkin' about his rear end being two axe handles wide.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA