Spyder Garage

Default I'm so happy to say hot foot problem solved!

Well for an RS with seal floorboards anyway!

I've been one of the quiet sufferers from the hot foot spider problem, hot feet to be exact, on very hot days in traffic I had suffered from a hot left foot even. Its has been so bad that well I even have considered dare I say get rid of the spider! (shut your mouth) ........ but when I cooled off "literally" a cooler head prevailed and I was determined to find a solution!

I have read with great interest all the talk and solutions to this problem that some but not all suffer/complain about. I have attacked the problem, each with a partial solution providing some relief but ultimately the heat would come back after some time as the ride time got longer. Each "fix" lengthened the amount of time it took for the heat to come back. You all know the solutions, boots, all the spyderpops add ons (great by the way!) removing the bottom panels, etc. Each and everyone of these added to the time it took for the heat to return and make the ride, well, less fun lets say!

So what I eventurly determined was that the heat from the spyder (engine & exhaust) would sooner or later make the floorboards very hot! I had to stop the floorboards from absorbing the heat......

So I purchased some of this product http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 and it applied to the bottom of the floorboards.

Took a long ride in "sneakers" YES even in sneakers my feet felt great and the floorboards remained cool to the touch. This in combination with the above mentioned "fixes" have made the spyder comfortable to ride!!!!

I'm so happy!

I hope that this will maybe help another spider owner find the spider to be a cool ride

Spyder Garage

Glad u solved the heat problem. But i have one question. what is this remove bottom panels? Thanks for your help.

Spyder Garage

Default splashpans

hey money, you can remove your splash pans on the bottom of the bike to let out lots of heat underneath. it makes a big difference.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

"Splash pans" huh... new one on me.. enlighten me please... bottom of the spyder or bottom on the side of the spyder??

Spyder Garage

I see now where it says "underneath" ...so I take it to be on the bottom....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee67 View Post
    "Splash pans" huh... new one on me.. enlighten me please... bottom of the spyder or bottom on the side of the spyder??
    On the RS they are kind of in line with your footpegs under each side of the bike. 2 plastic panels, one on each side. They close up the underside of the bike. The left side has to be removed to change the oil, so I left it off after the 1st oil change. I removed the other side to give the hot air somewhere else to go. They are not hard to remove.
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Spyder Garage

Got it, Thank you guys for all ur help....

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zygos View Post
    Well for an RS with seal floorboards anyway!

I've been one of the quiet sufferers from the hot foot spider problem, hot feet to be exact, on very hot days in traffic I had suffered from a hot left foot even. Its has been so bad that well I even have considered dare I say get rid of the spider! (shut your mouth) ........ but when I cooled off "literally" a cooler head prevailed and I was determined to find a solution!

I have read with great interest all the talk and solutions to this problem that some but not all suffer/complain about. I have attacked the problem, each with a partial solution providing some relief but ultimately the heat would come back after some time as the ride time got longer. Each "fix" lengthened the amount of time it took for the heat to come back. You all know the solutions, boots, all the spyderpops add ons (great by the way!) removing the bottom panels, etc. Each and everyone of these added to the time it took for the heat to return and make the ride, well, less fun lets say!

So what I eventurly determined was that the heat from the spyder (engine & exhaust) would sooner or later make the floorboards very hot! I had to stop the floorboards from absorbing the heat......

So I purchased some of this product http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 and it applied to the bottom of the floorboards.

Took a long ride in "sneakers" YES even in sneakers my feet felt great and the floorboards remained cool to the touch. This in combination with the above mentioned "fixes" have made the spyder comfortable to ride!!!!

I'm so happy!

I hope that this will maybe help another spider owner find the spider to be a cool ride
    Hey Zygos,

What a great solution. Another arrow in my quiver. I know that my Seal FloorBoards help a lot with the heat problem, but you did some real "outside the box" thinking. Good job. Now you can really.....

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just picked up the same material to line some parts of Spidey. Thank you for confirming what i seek to gain from this. Btw, what did you use to trim this material?