Thread: Frunk removal

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Frunk removal

Anyone know of any videos or guides to removing the frunk? I've tried a few searches on the forums but didn't find anything that really details it. I want to clean up the wiring I have going to my fenders, and really just need enough room to feed some wires behind it.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

If you have or no somebody that has installed fog lights on an RT, it comes with instructions on how to remove the frunk.

I have removed mine several times. It is easy.
    Absorb what is useful, use no limitation as limitation

Spyder Garage

I have removed the frunk a few times, its not too hard but a lot of panels need to come off to get to screws and you will need a second person to help as it is heavier than it looks. You will need to remove:

The mirrors,
    Wind Deflector below the mirror
    The access panels (oil check)
    The black plastic access panenls under the hood (be careful on the one on the right (as you sit on the bike), you can bend the trunk switch arm very easily. Once you remove the plastic rivet that holds it on, pull staight back until it clear the arm).
    The upper side panels
    The front trim garnish (below the windshield
    The electrical connectors
    The hood release
    The upper bolts revealed now that the front garnish is off
    The bolts underneath (4 #10s I think)

It sounds harder than it is, it took me about 1 hour to take it off with the learning curve, a little less time to put everything back.

The frunk hangs on some brackets so when its all loose you pull up gently then away, have something soft to rest it on. You will discover the horn connector and I think one more as you pull it away so be prepared to disconnect them.

Good luck with it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that there's about 4 bolts holding it in place... Once you get down to them, it's not that hard... You can see two of them wihen you open up the frunk... The other two are down underneath it once you get done unbolting the Tupperware.
    Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Frunk Removal on a 2013 Rt Limited

I have read many and that is MANY, helpful instructions in the past two weeks. I have removed all side panels and I am ready to proceed to the Frunk!!
    The was one article that caught my attention, that I need verification on before I do start the actual removal.
    He (the person that wrote the article, I did not write his name down) said that the battery should be disconnected prior to unplugging any of the wires that need to be unplugged in this removal. He said, if the battery is not disconnected, it could cause a problem with the computer when you start plugging them all back together ?
    I will be waiting for any input on this.
    Thanks in advance for any help that you can give, Dave

Spyder Garage

I have removed my frunk 3 or 4 times and every time never disconnected the battery and had no issue.

Now if you turn on the ignition or try to start the bike when the frunk is removed and all those connections apart, that's another story.
    I did that once, and while it turned out ok in the end, all the error codes you get can freak you out the first time.