Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New maint. schedule

I just received an envelope from BRP. It contains a new maint. schedule and a voucher for new free body panels to access the oil filter easier. What a deal.

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Same here.
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

same here to.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Me too!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know anything about the new panel.

Is it Lamont's "Remove the bloody damn thing" design ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Me Too

Spyder Garage

Got mine in today too!! And what timing.... ready for that 3K oil change (actually a bit over!!). I too, would like to know what the "new body panel" is...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DLewis View Post
    Got mine in today too!! And what timing.... ready for that 3K oil change (actually a bit over!!). I too, would like to know what the "new body panel" is...
    It was announced at the Owners Event that everyone with an RT would be given the opportunity at no cost to get an easier to remove panel to change the oil filter at no cost. Your choice if you want to do this. Also the matinence schedule with the new filters will be extended to 4500 miles from the current 3K miles. Some other matinence change were discussed but I will have to go back and listen to the tapes as to not give out incorrect info.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Flight Risk's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New maintenance schedule

Yep, I received it too. Maybe it's just the mood I'm in today but this all seems to be of benefit to the dealers. BRP made the original maintenance schedule and could have reduced the intervals between oil changes, between valve adjustments, holding the line on maintenance costs from the beginning. It just seems like this is more of a benefit to the dealers, rather than to the owners. I have been in marketing for decades and this just smells to me. The bikes haven't changed so why can we now go longer between these items. It's like putting lipstick on a pig.......or wagging the dog. I think they got called out and are covering their on all the overcharges we have experienced. My scheduled oil change/maintenance at 3,000-3,500 miles was well over $370. I waited while it was done and they tried to charge me for three hours shop time but I was there for just under 2 hours. Only reason I caught this was because I was there, disputed it and finally the owner "kindly" covered his "mistake" after I made a bit of a fuss. Only thing good I can see from this is the new body panel. I honestly think we have been duped for quite a while by BRP.
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Drift HD 720 digital video camera w/ remote
    Russell Day-Long Custom Seat and Driver backrest
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fliight Risk View Post
    Yep, I received it too. Maybe it's just the mood I'm in today but this all seems to be of benefit to the dealers. BRP made the original maintenance schedule and could have reduced the intervals between oil changes, between valve adjustments, holding the line on maintenance costs from the beginning. It just seems like this is more of a benefit to the dealers, rather than to the owners. I have been in marketing for decades and this just smells to me. The bikes haven't changed so why can we now go longer between these items. It's like putting lipstick on a pig.......or wagging the dog. I think they got called out and are covering their on all the overcharges we have experienced. My scheduled oil change/maintenance at 3,000-3,500 miles was well over $370. I waited while it was done and they tried to charge me for three hours shop time but I was there for just under 2 hours. Only reason I caught this was because I was there, disputed it and finally the owner "kindly" covered his "mistake" after I made a bit of a fuss. Only thing good I can see from this is the new body panel. I honestly think we have been duped for quite a while by BRP.
    Not sure how it benefits the dealers. They will do less service work.

The filters were redesigned to allow this change, especially the trans filter and cover...the Spyder therefore is not the same. Those using the old filters (while they last) should stick to the original oil change schedule.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post
    I just received an envelope from BRP. It contains a new maint. schedule and a voucher for new free body panels to access the oil filter easier. What a deal.

J. D.
    Have any of our Canadian SpyderLovers recieved a letter yet? I have't and am wondering if it is only in the USofA right now.

Spyder Garage

Default Got my letter

Must not be a USA thing as I got my letter yesterday and have an appointment already set up for tomorrow. When I made the appointment they asked if I had got it yet.
    Bruce - Mag.Metalic 2011 RT-S

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fliight Risk View Post
    In addition to the larger oil filter, the extended service periods are most likely a result of a few years documented maintence history that shows the interval could be safely extended. Thus, saving owners a few $$$ over the life of the Spyder and provide more/extended ride time just like the notice that came says.

My 3k service is coming up very soon and I will also be getting the nanny software update at the same time.
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

I want to see a pic of this new panel-just to see if it's really worth it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got my letter yesterday. Did I read the schedule correctly to "check oil level @ 300 miles"? Another overkill?

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    I got my letter yesterday. Did I read the schedule correctly to "check oil level @ 300 miles"? Another overkill?
    That has not changed from the previous schedule.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Question I got a rock

Starting to feel like Charlie Brown on halloween.... Maybe it'll come today? Course the're calling for 114 today so it's not like I'm going anywhere.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Maintenance schedule

Also received mine in the mail yesterday. Nice to see the longer miles between oil changes and the valve adjustments and new panels.
    Bad thing is, I paid for 3 years of maintenance (service contract), that was to save me some money in the long run, but
    now it looks like it will be just the opposite due to the changes in the schedule. Hey, just like the stock market, make some money, lose some money.
    I know,I know, it was MY decision to purchase the maintenance plan in the first place, but still doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling, now.
    Last edited by 3leggedSpyder; 07-10-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dealer

i have not received a new schedule but I have an RSS. I try not to use the dealer for my maintenance because they did not tell me about the 6k mile check up and were going to charge me for that. I called another dealer and that particular dealer came clean. i use a guy that worked at a dealership that now has his own shop.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Funny with the new schedule,
    If you run at 6000rpm 10% of the time blow by is normal.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Star Cruiser View Post
    Have any of our Canadian SpyderLovers recieved a letter yet? I have't and am wondering if it is only in the USofA right now.
    No, not yet but the dealer did show me the new oil and tranny filters though

Spyder Garage

Default Maintenance Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Star Cruiser View Post
    Hi Star Cruiser !
    Just got mine in the mail today. You will likely get yours shortly.
    If you go to General Discussion look for New Maintenance Schedule there is a copy of the booklet there you could see the details.
    Last edited by Smittystwo; 07-10-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Update data
    On the Shores of Georgian Bay !
    Make Someone Smile Today !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post

J. D.
    ME TOO !

Spyder Garage

Got mine Today
    Absorb what is useful, use no limitation as limitation

Spyder Garage

Default New maint schedule

Howdy. I hope this helps clear more than it muddies.

I just left my 2010 RT at Kent Motorsports in Selma, TX. They are going to do the 9300-mile maintenance. (I bought the dealer's service plan.) The tech told me it is the same as what used to be the 9000-mile maintenance. I have 9,755 trouble-free miles on the Spyder.

The "PANEL" is NOT anything related to tupperware. It is a panel below the new filter which makes it easier for the tech to change the filter. Currently, the dealer does not have any...so I am now on a list for later.

The tech also told me it does not apply to RS Spyders.

Hopes this helps. Good ryding.