Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ladies with long hair

I have long very thick hair, thought about getting it cut short. Wasn't for sure what you do when you wear your helmet on long trips and then stop to go in places, do you just throw it up in a ponytail? I normally wear my hair up but since my helmet doesnt have a hole for my ponytail, thats out. Maybe I should buy a ball cap or wear a do-rag..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

All of our gang puts in a pony tail and slaps on a ball cap.

Spyder Garage

"Some Girl" tucks her hair into the back of her jacket. It doesn't blow around and she doesn't do a pony tail when stopped.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

First let me just say your hair looks mighty wonderful, would hate to see it go.

Radgirl has long hair, and what she does is tie it into a metal cork-screw hair tie that we bought at a motorcycle clothing shop. In this picture, the cork screw is about half the length of the pony tail, and it keeps everything in place without blowing in the wind and getting tied into knots. She's added several colorful ribbons to the bottom, which do flutter nicely in the breeze behind her.

Ponytail.jpg

More Sci Fi & Fantasy Artwork by me: http://www.CynthiaRadthorne.com

Spyder Garage

Either one or two braids works very well. I put on a bandana when I stop.
    summerdawn

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies! I think I am going to try the braids and see if that works!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Raci Babi

http://raci-babi.com/Helmet-Liners-for-Women.aspx

Hey, check out these do-rags for long hair from Raci Babi. I ordered one (they come in lots of colors & patterns) and it works great! Highly recommended.

Spyder Garage

I just braid my hair into a single braid and throw the helmet on like normal. In my 20s when I got my first motorcycle, I DID chop off my waist-length hair thinking that it would be easier in the helmet, but it was actually the worst thing I did -- I'd get some really weird helmet hairdos... The cute haircut that you see pre-helmet becomes super flat and lopsided post-helmet.

I have bangs these days and I'm dealing with mashed down flat bangs after a ride (my hair is fairly wavy/curly normally) and I'm not sure what to do about that, but it is what it is...
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have waaaaaay over the shoulder length blonde hair (ex bassist....need I say more) and I refuse to cut it short...it has taken a lotta years to get this way and I can say I'll give Rick Wakeman a run fer his money...!!

Mine goes under my collar and I carry a good hairbrush in the frunk.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My hair is long enough to put into a pony tail, but not quite long enough to braid (yet). But during the times that I had really long hair, I would braid it and I had a leather guy make me a wrap that would lace up like a shoe, and I put it on over the braid and then my helmet. This really helped my "tail" from coming undone and also helped alot so that it was not nearly as tangled after taking it down after the ride. Of course, the leather was stamped with flowers,etc and very nice. I still have it and will use it again. You might look into having one made, I recommend it!

Spyder Garage

I chopped mine off : )

After almost 20 years with long hair I thought a change might be fun for awhile. It did take some trial and error finding a good cut that comes out of the helmet still looking okay.
    Y Blue
    -Ruth K, Hoffman Estates IL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Headbands

Violet Love headbands work well with helmet hair and let us look like a lady. I wear the headbands over my bangs and then tie hair in ponytail in back to keep from getting tangled in wind.

Solid colors or prints.
    http://www.rebeccamichaels.com/

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I usually pull it back into a ponytail and use a bandana or various wide headbands. Found cute "do bands" from www.tawgear.com at our local HD store. Have a leather pony tail holder I ound at another motorcycle shop. Just bought some 2" wide knit headbands at Wak-Mart that I am going to bling!

Have actually started a travel kit to keep in our Spyder with a hairbrush, extra rubber bands, bandana, and headband. During one on my hot rides was glad I had something fresh to put on my head after I removed my helmet!
    Last edited by Brew crew; 08-12-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

I wear the metal spiral like Radgirl, they also have leather covered spirals if you don't like the metal. Iron Pony has them. My life has been so much easier (husband doesn't have to wait while I "do somthing" with my hair). Hope that helps.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hair issue

I am new to my Spyder but have found a loose braid helps with tangles. I keep a hair kit in my trunk with bobby pins for bangs, a comb for detangling, ponytail bands, a few headwraps and definitely a ballcap for when helmet head can't be tamed with any of the above. Thinking about cutting hair but not sure short hair helps prevent helmet head any better than long hair. Just rock the hair like you meant to leave the house looking like that. Be a trendsetter for helmet head.

Spyder Garage

I wear a braided pony tail and keep hats on me to help with helmet hair. Either that, or a do-rag. You can also get a "pony tail sleeve" to hold your hair back to keep it from getting tangled.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm having a real problem with tangles. I have a sleeve and it still gets tangled on the end and it's hard to put on thick hair. I've tried tucking my hair in and that just doesn't work. Guess I'll try the braid thing next if I can get my hair in one, it's not that long yet. Ugh, it's frustrating when you have to sit there and pull each tangle apart with your fingers.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mommarider View Post
    I'm having a real problem with tangles. I have a sleeve and it still gets tangled on the end and it's hard to put on thick hair. I've tried tucking my hair in and that just doesn't work. Guess I'll try the braid thing next if I can get my hair in one, it's not that long yet. Ugh, it's frustrating when you have to sit there and pull each tangle apart with your fingers.
    Take a handkerchief and gather your hair in it while up in a ponytail and secure it with another rubberband.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I do wear a headrag under my helmet the majority of the time, but my hair is so short, I don't really have to worry about it. As I tell my stylist - short enough without being spiked!! That's me!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Spydergirl. Hadn't thought of trying that. I'll see what I can find tomorrow and give it a try.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Found a couple of things that work. Putting hair in a baby mitten, braiding, using a clip below the helmet to gather all the hair and putting multiple ponytail holders down the length of hair.

Spyder Garage

Default long hair...

Please don't cut your beautiful long hair....when a true man see's beautiful long, thick hair, he thinks "hairbrush",...... one of the most loving and peaceful things that can be done is brush a beautiful woman's beautiful long hair...just sayin'....

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smoky View Post
    Please don't cut your beautiful long hair....when a true man see's beautiful long, thick hair, he thinks "hairbrush",...... one of the most loving and peaceful things that can be done is brush a beautiful woman's beautiful long hair...just sayin'....
    I agree, please don't cut your hair. I also have very long hair, just above my belt line in back and suffered with tangles and breakage for years, no matter what I did. Then, as SpyderRocks pointed out, I got a Raci-babi Diva-do and actually find that my hair often comes out of the helmet looking and feeling better than it did going in (smoother, and softer).

Here's another link, directly to the Diva-do order page: http://raci-babi.com/Doo-Rag-and-Hel...ner-Order.aspx

Hope you find something that works for you so you don't have to take any action with scissors!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRocks View Post
    http://raci-babi.com/Helmet-Liners-for-Women.aspx

Hey, check out these do-rags for long hair from Raci Babi. I ordered one (they come in lots of colors & patterns) and it works great! Highly recommended.
    This works very well - I have one too!

During the cooler months, I wear a heavy hoodie under my jacket. I keep the hoodie part up, which keeps my hair from flying around. I'll wear a lighter hoodie during the warmer months (during the hot months, all bets are off).

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There is nothing in the world better looking than a woman with long hair